Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Siegebreaker - Poison The Water Supply Optional

Hello, all!

I am running through this quest during my Barbarian life, and I'm encountering an odd situation. I have the bucket in my inventory, but I am unable to use the (Very) Public Restroom to complete this optional. I've tried dropping and picking up the bucket, to no avail. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDyer View Post
    Hello, all!

I am running through this quest during my Barbarian life, and I'm encountering an odd situation. I have the bucket in my inventory, but I am unable to use the (Very) Public Restroom to complete this optional. I've tried dropping and picking up the bucket, to no avail. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you!
    Ive always had trouble just because it doesn't let me click on the liquid. I find myself having to move around to different postions to get the interaction icon. Dumping the bucket is the same way.

Community Member

This reminds me that I also had problems with this recently.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Why Bother Running Optionals?

Meh - what does it matter, since optional xp decays to zero permanently anyways?

Oops - did I say that out loud?
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Member

Try approaching from different angles, and using the "target object" and "use object" hotkeys if you cant click on it directly

I've never had problems scooping the po0p, but I've had issues with being able to click on the waterfall itself, so I assume its likely a similar problem - and doing the above always worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Meh - what does it matter, since optional xp decays to zero permanently anyways?

Because it isn't permanent, and this isn't really a quest that people do over and over again to run into the ransack.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I've never had problems scooping the po0p, but I've had issues with being able to click on the waterfall itself, so I assume its likely a similar problem - and doing the above always worked for me.
    This is usually my experience as well. It would be nice if the waterfall(?) were easier to click. Maybe the bucket could be changed to be a usable item, and using it near the water completes the optional. Also, if used elsewhere, it could create a grease-like effect.

Oh dear, did I just brainstorm an item for the quest's eventual loot re-vamp?

I have never had trouble scooping up the destiny liquid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Because it isn't permanent, and this isn't really a quest that people do over and over again to run into the ransack.
    Also, for this specific quest, doing the optional spawn the minibosses, making the end fight easier!
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your responses. I went ahead and tried the quest again, and had no issues clicking the lovely liquid into the bucket. The only difference this time was that I did not interact with the liquid before picking up the bucket.

I tried one more time, interacting with the liquid first, and encountered the same issue of not being able to pick it up. So, hopefully this is a helpful tip for anyone else in the future!

Also, with the waterfall, I had no issues inserting the liquid if I angled my character to look upwards.

Community Member

Hello, all!

Thank you!
    I have had the same problem numerous times over the last year. It doesnt happen every time, but when it does its annoying because thats another Named you have to kill in the end fight. Apparently some update messed this up because this never used to happen at all.
    Last edited by Strider1963; 01-29-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Default I get the same bug as OP

I also get a message that states "You cannot use the Very Public Restroom at this time" (or something close to that)

I managed to do the optional once out of the last 10 or so runs of the quest chain but cannot recall what I did to work around.

Maybe I was able to scoop the **** that time because I did it before engaging Skinny the Cook.

I suggest this become known as the paruresis bug.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post

This is one of the great quests where optionals actually mean something. If you skip them the minibosses all show up at the end. I love quest design where what you do matters. This one, partycrashers and a few others actually have meaningful optionals.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    I suggest this become known as the paruresis bug.
    You win! (I had to google this one: I almost laughed out loud- family is still sleeping- because the pic that accompanied it was of a military urinalysis. (aka: Operation Golden Flow.)

The Bucket of Destiny is my single-most favorite item in the game. I'll post in guild chat every time I run this just to make the new players wonder "What the heck is that?"
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default I Like Running Optionals

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    This is one of the great quests where optionals actually mean something. If you skip them the minibosses all show up at the end. I love quest design where what you do matters. This one, partycrashers and a few others actually have meaningful optionals.
    I do as well. I just have a problem with SSG's decision to have a 'permanent' ransack on optional xp. I understand some of the rationale behind the decision, but honestly, I think they could have accomplished the same thing by having a ransack timer, not unlike the one for chests (one-full week since last ran - and if that was deemed too short, make it two full weeks). Instead, they chose a "brute-force" option that is both incredibly unpopular and, quite frankly, "less than smart" (at least, IMO).

C'est la vie. But just because it is the way it is (for now) doesn't mean I have to like it nor does it mean I have to always hold my tongue about it, either.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

I usually have to stand almost directly under it, aim straight up, and hard target it with Q or whatever you have that set to. There is a problem with this opt though, and if you accidentally interact with it before you have the bucket of destiny, you cannot interact with it again, and someone else in your group will have to use the bucket
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Hero

The optional is finicky with positioning. Whoever implemented it didn't do enough UX testing.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Not been able to do this optional for a long time. Click on the water, click on the bucket, go in the water, click everywhere, put bucket in your hotbar, call bucket names, click everywhere on screen where there is a water pixel...nada.

I click the waterfall, kill the mobs, click on the bucket clicky, get the slime and the water just isn't clickable.

this bug is still here,

the issue; you can interact with the sewege water only once.

if you clicked the sewege when you dont have the bucket yet, you cant click it the second time.
    you have to be very carefull not to fall in the sewege, get the optional near waterfall, pick up the bucket, and only then click the sewege.

and even this way it is not always working...

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Is it possible to highlight the waterfall and then use the interaction key from the keyboard ? I think it was the E key for using items (or talk to NPCs) ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your responses. I went ahead and tried the quest again, and had no issues clicking the lovely liquid into the bucket. The only difference this time was that I did not interact with the liquid before picking up the bucket.

I tried one more time, interacting with the liquid first, and encountered the same issue of not being able to pick it up. So, hopefully this is a helpful tip for anyone else in the future!

This is precisely the issue I came to mention. Interacting with the sewage before picking up the bucket bugs it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast