Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Sent a PM. If you can help me figure out how to access the crawler data I'm game to make a sub-optimizer, at least a beta version, in python notebook format.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

The issue raised about sub-optimal solutions is there is no access to that info in the model (I only understand the program itself very vaguely), but once you have a solution set as program provides now, you could always look at k-neighborhoods (sets with at most k item swaps) and do queries on those neighborhoods. I don't love resorting to doing k-neighborhoods as I'm philosophically interested in larger departures than a few swaps but there are many ways to tackle combinatoric optimizing. Would be interested in a program that just provides the data from the crawler and parser.

is it possible to get another update for the items and minor artifacts?
    Mr Blacks - Ranged DPS - 120PL - 50RP
    Mr Blues - Main - 177PL - 98RP
    Mr Greens - Caster CC/DC - 126PL - 37RP
    Mr Purples - Healer - 43PL - 21RP
    Mr Redd - Melee DPS - 129PL - 37RP
    Mr Whites - Tank - 138PL - 58RP

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    is it possible to get another update for the items and minor artifacts?
    I'm working on it. Likely to release tomorrow.

Edit: I'm working through an issue with my crawler getting a cached page of some kind (wasn't happening before). Once this is fixed, I'll have an update ready.
    Last edited by Pfhoenix; 11-11-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Community Member

I've updated the OP for the release of v0.8.12, which updates items to include U51 stuff.

Latest release set up to deal with the gems of many facet 2-sets? Trying to use a direct way but not finding one that helps the search. Thinking a work around of filling the slot and then excluding those bonuses while optimizing otherwise. Thanks for update!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pfhoenix View Post
    i've updated the op for the release of v0.8.12, which updates items to include u51 stuff.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pfhoenix View Post
    You can always create a slot filter to remove them from the potential item pool.
    Making a slot filter to exclude a specific item (and only that item) could be tricky.
    An item blacklist would be a much cleaner and safer way to go.

Also expanding the sources list (or at least having named blacklists selectable in filters) would be usefull, so we can exclude items created by:
    • crafting systems like Epic / Legendary / Sora Katra
    • events like Cove / Mimic / Mabar

Seems like it has an incomplete handling of the sets. I'm seeing set Artifact stats showing up on the gear set tab when a set is present, but when trying to start out just filtering for Artifact constitution and intelligence, I get no results. I was thinking searching by Artifact bonuses at the onset should get you a subset that have set bonuses going (or get artifact a different way maybe).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    Seems like it has an incomplete handling of the sets. I'm seeing set Artifact stats showing up on the gear set tab when a set is present, but when trying to start out just filtering for Artifact constitution and intelligence, I get no results. I was thinking searching by Artifact bonuses at the onset should get you a subset that have set bonuses going (or get artifact a different way maybe).
    Not including items that don't have a property on their own but contribute to a set bonus with the desired property is intentional. If you want to figure out what sets give the bonuses you want, you need to look through the sets separately.

I realize it would require non-trivial effort to deal with sets since they each have a logic (although it might be generalizable by a table of count:bonus pairs for each set).

I can also see how the relatively small number of sets means nothing is deeply hiding.

But its still a pain trying to see what you can do with all these sets and named augments, and then having to check each one for tetris working.

Community Member

Default Wiki Crawler?

I was wondering whether the code for your wiki crawler would be available for others to use? I am in the process of writing version 2 of the DDO Builder which will support planning characters at all levels, and to do that I need to support all named items that are currently in the game.

I am not looking forward to crafting every item manually and a tool such as your wiki crawler would make that stage of the project much more manageable.

A crawler is not something I have ever written before so I am unsure on how to go about creating one.

Also, on a side not in what platform/language is your code developed in?

Cheers,

Maetrim of Cannith
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I was wondering whether the code for your wiki crawler would be available for others to use? I am in the process of writing version 2 of the DDO Builder which will support planning characters at all levels, and to do that I need to support all named items that are currently in the game.

I am not looking forward to crafting every item manually and a tool such as your wiki crawler would make that stage of the project much more manageable.

A crawler is not something I have ever written before so I am unsure on how to go about creating one. If

Also, on a side not in what platform/language is your code developed in?
    I have all of the DDO Named Gear Planner source up in a public github (check the original post for a link). I use C# and WPF for it (though if you're new to C#, I do not recommend using WPF, as I personally dislike it after having used it for some time). You could repurpose the wiki crawling project, as all it does is crawl the wiki and write a local HTML file cache for further processing by a second project that builds the dataset.

Essentially, all a crawler does is grab a resource via URL, process it for URL links, and then repeat until done. There are conditional things like preventing infinite loops (pages that reference each other either directly or via intermediate pages), and the crawler I use is an open source crawler that's pretty well behaved, has support for login credentials and other stuff. I could have written one myself, but decided the open source one I found did everything I wanted and saved me a ton of time in testing and troubleshooting.

You could alternately use the dataset I generate for my planner. The format is visible via the source in the repo, though I've taken no effort to treat the repo as a published API, so documentation is going to be slim. None of it is complicated.

Any plans to update the equipment again?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    Any plans to update the equipment again?
    I make some time this week to do another wiki crawl and update.

Thanks so much

Tool like that and only 3 's.

Have another.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Tool like that and only 3 's.

Have another.
    What even is that?

Community Member

OP has been updated for the release of v0.8.13, which updates item data for U53.

OP has been updated for the release of v0.8.13, which updates item data for U53.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast