Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Thank you Sir! You are an absolute legend!!!! My earning capacity for the last three days has been zero, I’m addicted. *on blended knee* May I please have a slot for quivers, and a filter (or even just an indicator) for raid and artefacts, it’s heartbreaking when it generates an in ideal set only to realise it contains a unicorn.

Community Member

Original post has been updated for the release of version 0.7, which adds quest source tracking so you can now select which adventure/expansion packs you want to see items from, and more.

Community Member

Original post has been updated for release of version 0.7.1, which flags minor artifacts to not be counted as raid only drops.

Community Member

Toggling off loot from the special events doesn't seem to filter out items from the Treasures of Crystal Cove with 0.7.1.

This program is amazing, by the way. Such great work!

Community Member

For some reason I can't seem to load a save file from this, which obviously makes it pretty limited in its use right now. Is there a special place the save files need to be stored to be loaded correctly?

I can make the save files just fine but when I load one nothing happens.

Edit: nm I think what I wanted to do was save/load gearsets, not builds.
    Last edited by Zarni; 03-13-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Community Member

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Guardi...ers_(Level_15)

This item has the old-style "Riposte VIII" which gives insightful parrying 4, but you've datamined it as insightful parrying 8.

Also, thanks again for the awesome tool! If you could blacklist individual items it would be even awesomer

Default Thanks!

I recently discovered this planner, and it is quite handy.

Not a complaint, but I have an issue/question about save/load when using custom items.

After tailoring a gear set with a couple of custom (cannith crafted) items, I discovered there is no way to save the final gear set (with the custom items). I was hoping to do that so that I would have a record of the final gear set numbers for each stat or property.

There are some ways to get close, but not quite--

If I clear and lock the slots that I plan to fill with custom gear and re-run the build, then I can save all of it except those slots. Then I can manually refill those slots with the saved custom items each time I reload the build results. This method does let me get the final gear set numbers in a repeatable fashion, but it is tedious with more than one saved custom item. (I also foresee the day when I would have multiple custom items per slot saved in the tool, which would make this process more complicated.)

Or, if all I wanted was the names of the items, I can use the "Dump Gear Set to Text File" option (which does include my custom gear names). But this is not very satisfying since I can't actually review the final stats for the gear set.

If I am missing the right way to do this, I would be interested to learn more. If there is not a way to do it, then consider this a suggestion for future work.

This is a very cool planner. Nice work!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Torkzed View Post
    After tailoring a gear set with a couple of custom (cannith crafted) items, I discovered there is no way to save the final gear set (with the custom items). I was hoping to do that so that I would have a record of the final gear set numbers for each stat or property.
    The problem is that custom items are not added to the dataset, and loading builds checks only the dataset. It would be fairly simple to make it check loaded custom items if it fails to find an item in the dataset; users would just have to be careful not to name their custom items the same as an existing official item.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfhoenix View Post
    The problem is that custom items are not added to the dataset, and loading builds checks only the dataset. It would be fairly simple to make it check loaded custom items if it fails to find an item in the dataset; users would just have to be careful not to name their custom items the same as an existing official item.
    I can't even save a gearset with non-custom items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    i didnt have a problem with that. I think I am actually saving "build results", but if i reopen the program and load the build, it shows up with the gear set that it left off with. (other than custom items)

I'd be happy with that. (Not begging, though. As is, the tool is still very useful.)

If possible, there would be way to let a user know if they tried to name a custom item that was the same as an existing official item so they did not accidentally overwrite something.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Are you using the buttons in the middle of the interface, located underneath the equipment slots?

Are you using the buttons in the middle of the interface, located underneath the equipment slots?
    No. I was using File -> Save Build

I will try Export Gear Set to File instead.

Thanks.
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTOTG View Post
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Guardi...ers_(Level_15)
    This item has the old-style "Riposte VIII" which gives insightful parrying 4, but you've datamined it as insightful parrying 8.
    This has been fixed for the update coming this week.

Community Member

Got this out sooner than expected. Original post has been updated for release of version 0.7.2.

Thanks for keeping this updated. I find it an almost invaluable tool for updating my gear sets!

I'm not seeing any info on how to use the custom items feature. Do you have this documented anywhere, or maybe just a sample xml file showing what attributes are available/required for custom items?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gai-jin View Post
    I'm not seeing any info on how to use the custom items feature. Do you have this documented anywhere, or maybe just a sample xml file showing what attributes are available/required for custom items?
    If you go to the View menu and select Custom Items, a window pops up. Right click on the left side to get a context menu to add new items. Right click on the right side to get a context menu to add a new property to a selected item.

If you go to the View menu and select Custom Items, a window pops up. Right click on the left side to get a context menu to add new items. Right click on the right side to get a context menu to add a new property to a selected item.
    Thanks, I missed the context menus I guess.

After creating a custom item, how do I apply it to a slot in a gear set?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gai-jin View Post
    After creating a custom item, how do I apply it to a slot in a gear set?
    Once you have a custom item created, you can double-click it to set it into an equipment slot (provided the slot isn't locked).

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast