Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I'll do some more thorough testing, and document everything as an issue on the github repo.

EDIT: and now that I'm building stuff up from the bottom, I've found that, in regards to Intelligence, I only have this build problem when I have Intelligence AND Move Speed. Since it seems that the build problems only occur when there's certain combination of traits, I'm not sure that I can go through and just test every single one like I was initially planning.
    Last edited by SpookyNoodle; 01-30-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member

Original post has been updated for the release of version 0.5.3.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pfhoenix View Post
    Original post has been updated for the release of version 0.5.3.
    this remains super awesome

feature request (if it doesn't exist and I can't find it that is!) It shows item augment slots; the ability to double click that and add an augment from a drop down menu or simply the ability to enter text would be great!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyghost View Post
    this remains super awesome

feature request (if it doesn't exist and I can't find it that is!) It shows item augment slots; the ability to double click that and add an augment from a drop down menu or simply the ability to enter text would be great!!
    There are a *lot* of augments. Not entirely sure how useful that will really be, but I'll think about it.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

There are a *lot* of augments. Not entirely sure how useful that will really be, but I'll think about it.
    Almost lends itself to a separate planner for augments and such.

Great work on the planner, thank you

Community Member

It's a bit ram-hungry.

After running overnight with the filter using levels 2 through 6 with trinket, weapon, wrists and one ring locked up... my desktop's peak commit charge was 220GB. After spending *an hour* unlocking my PC I was able to take this photo:
    https://imgur.com/HYC5DzL

I couldn't take a screenshot because it would have taken another hour. This was after about 14 hours of runtime on a fast PC.

Sadly I hadn't saved the filter, but the build dialogue box said 86 items and 9 slots.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTOTG View Post
    It's a bit ram-hungry.

After running overnight with the filter using levels 2 through 6 with trinket, weapon, wrists and one ring locked up... my desktop's peak commit charge was 220GB. After spending *an hour* unlocking my PC I was able to take this photo:
    https://imgur.com/HYC5DzL

I couldn't take a screenshot because it would have taken another hour. This was after about 14 hours of runtime on a fast PC.

Sadly I hadn't saved the filter, but the build dialogue box said 86 items and 9 slots.
    Awesome. =)

I'm in the middle of redesigning the build process. I don't want to make any promises on just how improved it will be (as I actually haven't finished writing and thus testing it), but my goal is *severe* improvements.

Community Member

Version 0.6 has been released, with the original post updated. This version brings a complete rewrite of the build process, making it much, much faster and use far less RAM than before (though if you do something crazy it can still result in billions of combinations and require more RAM than you have).

When I try to run the program, it gives me the BSoD and shuts down my computer. Wierd.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    When I try to run the program, it gives me the BSoD and shuts down my computer. Wierd.
    Are you being serious?

Are you being serious?
    Yes.

Community Member

Yes.
    Well, considering that the program doesn't do anything remotely malicious, and that I've never seen that behavior myself, paint me skeptical. I also can't begin trying to troubleshoot with the absolute lack of information you've provided.

Well, considering that the program doesn't do anything remotely malicious, and that I've never seen that behavior myself, paint me skeptical. I also can't begin trying to troubleshoot with the absolute lack of information you've provided.
    I wasn't implying it was this program. I'm sure it's something on my end. Just lamenting not being able to use the program. It looks pretty nifty. Sorry if I caused offense.

Community Member

I wasn't implying it was this program. I'm sure it's something on my end. Just lamenting not being able to use the program. It looks pretty nifty. Sorry if I caused offense.
    Try this (assuming you have modern Windows)

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...agnostic-tool/

Try this (assuming you have modern Windows)

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...agnostic-tool/
    Thanks! I'll give this a shot.

Community Member

So much faster! OK, I have some feature requests:

* Need to blacklist / whitelist items. I really want "the best build with my current gear" and it's SO CLOSE!
    * Would be great to whitelist/blacklist item sources (e.g. updates, Iconic level 15, event items)
    * Can you highlight overlapping properties when viewing individual items as well as on the Gear Set tab?
    * Augments would be pretty awesome, especially including (available / purchasable / farmable) as filter options.

I love the performance now - I've been exploring items quite a bit.

Community Member

So much faster! OK, I have some feature requests:

* Need to blacklist / whitelist items. I really want "the best build with my current gear" and it's SO CLOSE!
    * Would be great to whitelist/blacklist item sources (e.g. updates, Iconic level 15, event items)
    * Can you highlight overlapping properties when viewing individual items as well as on the Gear Set tab?
    * Augments would be pretty awesome, especially including (available / purchasable / farmable) as filter options.

I love the performance now - I've been exploring items quite a bit.
    Whitelisting items sounds like you'd get the same effect by slotting certain items and then locking those slots before you run the build.

I'll think about how to blacklist items.

As far as item sources go, I simply don't have that data right now, as there isn't an easy way to pull that data from the DDO Wiki.

It's possible to be looking at items that aren't in the gear set, so I'm not sure it makes sense to indicate property overlapping with the current gear set. That would require an update to every item tab when the gear set changes.

Augments... there are a *lot* of augments. I'd have to think really hard about wanting to dive into that well.

Community Member

Whitelisting items sounds like you'd get the same effect by slotting certain items and then locking those slots before you run the build.

I'll think about how to blacklist items.

As far as item sources go, I simply don't have that data right now, as there isn't an easy way to pull that data from the DDO Wiki.

It's possible to be looking at items that aren't in the gear set, so I'm not sure it makes sense to indicate property overlapping with the current gear set. That would require an update to every item tab when the gear set changes.

Augments... there are a *lot* of augments. I'd have to think really hard about wanting to dive into that well.

Thanks for the reply - lemme think about these.

* Whitelisting: 'I have checked a box saying "I have item X in my bags" or "I am willing to farm for item X" rather than locking it in place.' (I assume that Pfhoenix knows better than me, so I shouldn't lock too many items in place.) This is different from locking an item - for instance, I may want to use a specific minor artifact and weapon, but have 80 other level 29 items. _What is the best gear set I can make?_

* Blacklisting meaning, for example... 'I don't want anything with "source: dungeon X", or "Source: Module 69".' Module sources are a hassle to get programmatically, but there's https://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_update which appears to be correct.

* To remove iconic items (or make them not a problem)... 'I want to select basic options like "My race is X" and "My alignment is X" and have the builder take those into account.' I think all relevant items have the align/race requirements documented already.

* Removing event items seems to require manually figuring out which sources are associated with events. 'I don't want to encounter gear sets with "Severlin's Iron Fists (level 15)" when I can't get items from "Anniversary Party".'

* Augments... hmm. There are indeed an asston of them. Basic augments (skills, ability scores, fortification, armour, saves, etc) are probably good enough. Can the builder say "I need room for 3 yellow, one red, two blue augments"? Maybe an additional set of build filters of the type "Slotted Augment // Augment Colour // Augment type [e.g. Strength, Good Luck +1, Fortification 100%]"?

I hope phrasing it in terms of user stories is helpful.

Community Member

I've noticed a few items with missing properties. My notepad doc just got itself lost in a reboot so I don't have most of them, but here's an example of working/non-working Fortification:

Discovered 100% fortification: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Iron_Band
    Missing 94% fortification: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Boots_...evil_Commander

Community Member

I've noticed a few items with missing properties. My notepad doc just got itself lost in a reboot so I don't have most of them, but here's an example of working/non-working Fortification:

Discovered 100% fortification: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Iron_Band
    Missing 94% fortification: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Boots_...evil_Commander
    Thanks for the heads-up. Parsing bug, will be fixed in the next update.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast