Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pfhoenix View Post
    Hi folks. Another redundant planner tool? Not quite! DDO Named Gear Planner aims to streamline the gear tetris game through facilitating item discovery and combinations.
    !
    +1 Thanks for effort.

Call me pc illiterate, but how do we use this ? Do we download the zips and it creates a program ? Great job btw abnd appreciate your hard long work

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Woah! Very nice.
    I hope that the devs reward this effort with some nice in-game bonuses!

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    Call me pc illiterate, but how do we use this ? Do we download the zips and it creates a program ? Great job btw abnd appreciate your hard long work
    You want to download the link listed in the release notes, not the source zip files listed below it. If there was a way for me to tell Github not to display the source links, I'd set it.

Community Member

Magic. Magic in the form of a pair of tools I wrote that crawl the DDO Wiki, download all the discovered named item pages, and then parses those pages for the data. I've spent a fair amount of time both fixing inconsistencies in the wiki pages themselves as well as tweaking my parsing code to account for all sorts of things.

Being able to create your own items and have a local database of that sounds doable. I'll add it to the todo list for a future version (but not the next one, I want to get gear set building done next).
    You too, huh? It's too bad I'm a lazy bum and never published my work; we both built the same tool to crawl and parse the wiki. I spent a lot of time cleaning up wiki pages as well. There used to be tons of special characters used in place of quote marks, and I standardized a bunch of them to regular programmer's quotes. Are you interested in a second contributor to your project? My gear planner has a local database currently (although the format is BAD; I've been meaning to replace it with something better) and the ability to suggest entire gear load-outs automatically. It's also missing basically all the nice features yours brings, like the tools for manual searching, and having a UI at all.

Coming soon:
    • Setup filters that will drive a build process to generate gear sets based on properties you're looking for (or want to exclude)
    • Build process will respect equipment slot locks and fill in discovered items around them
    • Save and load builds with their filter settings and results
    • For items with optional properties (upgrades or random properties, also), you will be able to select the properties you want on the item in your gear set and see that reflected in the gear set breakdown
    • Save and load gear sets to file

So, give it a try. Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism, comments, and suggestions are welcome!
    I like that it shows in red where items have duplicated benefits and the double click to see which items they are. I look forward to being able to "save" the sets for quick reference while TRing and leveling back up. It should make it faster to rummage through items (especially with the changes coming in the U45 shared bank update) and get back to questing.

Thanks!
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

Community Member rikkitikkitarvi's Avatar

You want to download the link listed in the release notes, not the source zip files listed below it. If there was a way for me to tell Github not to display the source links, I'd set it.
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but if I download V0.4 the file is empty. I can get V0.3 and it works

Looks interesting from what I saw from version 0.3

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rikkitikkitarvi View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but if I download V0.4 the file is empty. I can get V0.3 and it works

Looks interesting from what I saw from version 0.3
    Download v0.5; that should work for you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post
    You too, huh? It's too bad I'm a lazy bum and never published my work; we both built the same tool to crawl and parse the wiki. I spent a lot of time cleaning up wiki pages as well. There used to be tons of special characters used in place of quote marks, and I standardized a bunch of them to regular programmer's quotes. Are you interested in a second contributor to your project? My gear planner has a local database currently (although the format is BAD; I've been meaning to replace it with something better) and the ability to suggest entire gear load-outs automatically. It's also missing basically all the nice features yours brings, like the tools for manual searching, and having a UI at all.
    First, thanks for your efforts cleaning up the wiki; I know all too well the pain that can be. Second, gear set discovery was one of my primary goals, and v0.5 includes a first pass at it. I'm not sure the project is big enough to require a second contributor, but any comments or suggestions you may have are welcome.

Community Member

I've updated the original post with the v0.5.1 release. I can't stress enough how important upgrading to v0.5.1 is, if not for the sake of memory usage, for the UI adjustments to the main window.

Community Member

If you'd like, I could offer a history of my design. If nothing else, everything after the first version has been more-or-less a failure, so you might learn what not to try!

Your design for knowing which stats to select is more elegant than mine. Mine runs a brief combat simulation to determine the effect of stats. As you can imagine, this makes "scoring" a particular gear set candidate pretty expensive. I think it clocks in at about 20M sets/hour? Of course, performance will vary by hardware.

In order to find a "best" set to return as output, my original algorithm was to try random items in every slot (respecting locked slots from the start) and output whichever scored highest at the end. This yielded surprisingly good results by running it overnight. Next, I let it ignore items more than 8 levels below the target level. This helped. Then I made it pre-score "best-in-slot" lists per equipment slot, and weight the random algorithm towards "better" candidates per slot. This was SUPER helpful, and remains the best algorithm I've found to date. Since then, I've been trying to optimize its run time, without degrading quality of output. That... has not succeeded. I tried letting it fill in potential set items first (didn't help), pick an artifact first (didn't help), pick augments last (didn't help).

I'm currently working on a new underlying algorithm (which so far, does not help). The new algorithm enumerates all permutations of the remaining equipment slots, then iterates over the enumeration. At each level, it tries all items for the "first" slot that have at least 66% of the stat value as the best-in-slot for that slot, and ranks those options based on the best outcome from a recursive walk of all remaining slots. Then, back at the top level, it picks the best slot to pick and finalize first, based on the best end-results from these deep recursive crawls. Then it repeats, including deeper searches on crafted and lootgen options as it gets down to a small number of slots remaining. Surprisingly, this hasn't helped!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post
    Mine runs a brief combat simulation
    That can't be right. This is pretty impossible to calculate.
    Player reflexes, tactics, placement, lag, objectives, synergies, circumstances all matter very much in combat.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Community Member

Way cool, thank you for sharing.

Community Member

Default Question

First love the program starting using it couple days ago, thank you!

I seen the Build Filters section. Was curious about a way to filter old equipment from the list so that when looking say constitution up i would get not also the old gear with the lower numbers mixed in with new gear and their higher numbers. Is there a way to filter as well by constitution 8 or any number and see items that way? Or just a way to filter out old named items that are really outdated due to new items being so much stronger when i am looking for a specific item property?

The other thing is under Item Property, there a way to have it also take you to wiki so i can know what some of them are or better a way to over above it and it tell you the description of this item property?

Thank you,

Flintridge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flintridge View Post
    First love the program starting using it couple days ago, thank you!

I seen the Build Filters section. Was curious about a way to filter old equipment from the list so that when looking say constitution up i would get not also the old gear with the lower numbers mixed in with new gear and their higher numbers. Is there a way to filter as well by constitution 8 or any number and see items that way? Or just a way to filter out old named items that are really outdated due to new items being so much stronger when i am looking for a specific item property?

The other thing is under Item Property, there a way to have it also take you to wiki so i can know what some of them are or better a way to over above it and it tell you the description of this item property?
    With the build filters, you can set the ML slider in the main window for the build to help cull out the lower valued items.

With respect to item properties, for now I'd suggest going to the item page of the item that has the property you're wondering about. if you're not sure if you can, just right click the item in the list.

Question

I'm a little confused on how to use the Build Filters and 'Start Build' functions in the main interface. I added a lot of build parameters that I was looking for, I clicked 'Apply' and set a minimum level, but when I click 'Start Build,' the Minimum Level slider resets itself and nothing else happens. I haven't been setting any gear filters, because I don't particularly care whether a trait is given to my by a ring or by the boots.

So, what am I doing wrong? Am I just misunderstanding what that function is supposed to do?
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNoodle View Post
    I'm a little confused on how to use the Build Filters and 'Start Build' functions in the main interface. I added a lot of build parameters that I was looking for, I clicked 'Apply' and set a minimum level, but when I click 'Start Build,' the Minimum Level slider resets itself and nothing else happens. I haven't been setting any gear filters, because I don't particularly care whether a trait is given to my by a ring or by the boots.

So, what am I doing wrong? Am I just misunderstanding what that function is supposed to do?
    What I think is happening is the build process isn't finding any items and so it cancels the build process. Try downloading v0.5.2 and see if the same behavior happens.

Community Member

I've updated the original post for releasing v0.5.2, which has a number of quality-of-life improvements.

Okay, I updated and tried again, and through some careful testing, I was able to find that I was able to generate builds UNTIL I added ability scores as a trait, like 'Intelligence' or 'Constitution.' If I had the same build, but with an ability trait, it wouldn't start that little window that said 'creating item sets.' If i just deleted that one trait, then it would start creating builds.

I also found that it does this with Dodge. PRR and MRR
    Last edited by SpookyNoodle; 01-29-2020 at 10:06 PM.
    The Updatening - An Ongoing Project to Update Every Named Item in DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyNoodle View Post
    Okay, I updated and tried again, and through some careful testing, I was able to find that I was able to generate builds UNTIL I added ability scores as a trait, like 'Intelligence' or 'Constitution.' If I had the same build, but with an ability trait, it wouldn't start that little window that said 'creating item sets.' If i just deleted that one trait, then it would start creating builds.

I also found that it does this with Dodge. PRR and MRR
    Can you setup the build filters to where it doesn't generate anything for you and take a screenshot of the build filter window for me? That or save just the build filters and link me the file.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast