Hero

Default VKF T5 Whirling Blades does not provide +100% doubleshot

The 100% doubleshot from Whirling Blades does not appear on the character sheet when it is activated.
    For comparison, the 120% doubleshot from Multitude of Missiles does appear on the character sheet when activated.

Please fix Whirling Blades so the doubleshot bonus applies and appears on the character sheet when it is used.

Male Gnome 20 Alchemist/10 Epic in Shadowdancer ED (no points spent in ED). 41 Spent in VKF, no other trees. Naked exception for Fate, Knower of All in mainhand. Also tested with Wide Open Sky, same results.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

/sign

got the same problem

Follow my DDO streams on Twitch Twitch
    and informative videos on Builds, Guides, QQuests and News at Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Sthax View Post
    /sign

got the same problem
    It doesn't show up on your character sheet, it shows up on the weapon itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

The attack need to hit a target to give you that doubleshot bonus. It should read like: On hit: 100 doubleshot bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    It doesn't show up on your character sheet, it shows up on the weapon itself.
    tried it but i dont see it showing on my weapon or char sheet.

i do see the icon popping up with 100% ds

and why is vendetta disappearing after using whirling baldes?! do they all count as weapon buffs? so no use of vendetta with any of the Alchy buffs either...?

Follow my DDO streams on Twitch Twitch
    and informative videos on Builds, Guides, QQuests and News at Youtube

i've noticed the same thing. it's not adding any doubleshot at all.
    ????

Just using it now and I see no effects after hitting a mob Feels bad, man, any chance this is going to be fixed?

Community Member

I used it just this weekend and it seemed to work fine. The doubleshot didn't update on the character sheet but I did see my character get more hits. Also, as someone else mentioned, you have to actually hit a monster with that attack to get the doubleshot bonus.

Community Member

Just tried it out.

I get the icon, the buff displays on the weapon, but I still get single hit attacks and the display on the character sheet itself doesn't update.

Tried deactivating the Enchant Weapon past life and use a brand new +1 throwing dagger, still getting single shot strikes against dummies.

It DOES turn off Blessed Blades, but not Heartseeker Poison.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    I get the icon, the buff displays on the weapon, but I still get single hit attacks and the display on the character sheet itself doesn't update.
    They changed how Doubleshot and Doublestrike work in U49: "Doublestrike and Doubleshot will no longer apply a full subsequent 'attack' as part of your attack chain. Instead, when a player Doublestrikes or Doubleshots the game will instead multiply the base amount of damage dealt (first number and sneak attack) by the amount of Doublestrikes or Doubleshots generated."

Not saying this means Whirling Blades works, just pointing out that you won't see multiple hits anymore from Doubleshot. Instead you should be getting a per-hit damage boost.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    They changed how Doubleshot and Doublestrike work in U49: "Doublestrike and Doubleshot will no longer apply a full subsequent 'attack' as part of your attack chain. Instead, when a player Doublestrikes or Doubleshots the game will instead multiply the base amount of damage dealt (first number and sneak attack) by the amount of Doublestrikes or Doubleshots generated."

Not saying this means Whirling Blades works, just pointing out that you won't see multiple hits anymore from Doubleshot. Instead you should be getting a per-hit damage boost.
    No, but you DO get a special icon when double/tripleshot works.
    Which means you can still notice when you only get single shots.

It's not only visual either - the damage displayed is consistent with non-doubleshots.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    No, but you DO get a special icon when double/tripleshot works.
    Which means you can still notice when you only get single shots.

It's not only visual either - the damage displayed is consistent with non-doubleshots.
    Was not working for me (I just TR'd out of the build but... I tested and it was not working). I had like 120 DS at the time, hit the boost and still getting x2 DS hit indicators, if it was working I should not have been able to get below x3.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The 100% doubleshot from Whirling Blades does not appear on the character sheet when it is activated.
    For comparison, the 120% doubleshot from Multitude of Missiles does appear on the character sheet when activated.

Please fix Whirling Blades so the doubleshot bonus applies and appears on the character sheet when it is used.

Male Gnome 20 Alchemist/10 Epic in Shadowdancer ED (no points spent in ED). 41 Spent in VKF, no other trees. Naked exception for Fate, Knower of All in mainhand. Also tested with Wide Open Sky, same results.
    I am also seeing this.
    Multitude of Missiles adds the extra doubleshot AND the damage is approximately twice as much when hitting the ship dummy for the duration of the buff.
    Activate Whirling Blades, the buff appears on the weapon, and the buff bar, does not appear on the character sheet and NO extra damage

Community Member

It shows up on the weapon, but it doesnt work. To the people saying "Its just one attack now remember", yea we aren't making that mistake. When you're doing 100+ damage, adding 100 doubleshot is a dramatic increase in damage, enough to make it visible. For whatever reason, it doesn't currently work.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!