Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Lag City I want out!!

The last restart didn't really seem to do much to help the lag. Have not seen it this bad in a really long time. Hope you can find the cause and get rid of it. Very bad impression on any new or returning players. I would not start a new game with these issues, just move on and find something else. It was workable, what happened lately?

Default No Restart on 3/18/2020

As a heads up: DDO will not have it's usual Wednesday restart this week. We are preparing a small patch that won't be ready in time for a tomorrow morning deployment and want to avoid multiple downtimes in the same week.

Stay tuned for a downtime thread (targeting Thursday but not yet set in stone).

Community Member

Will you be fixing sinister chill on the stygian wrath to work with poison in the next patch?
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

Community Manager

Quick reminder that we will be doing our weekly restart tomorrow morning (Wednesday, April 15th) starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT).
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Quick reminder that we will be doing our weekly restart tomorrow morning (Wednesday, April 15th) starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT).
    Great, hopefully it helps a bit with the lag that is still present. To provide an anecdotal experience since the patch last week, I think overall lag spike incidents on Orien have decreased but there were still a couple periods of near paralysis in quest. That being said I think both times quests were completed successfully but it was not an enjoyable experience to say the least. It seems like the 2 or 3 days after the patch were best but then things really hit over the weekend. The past couple of days have been reasonable as well, I don't remember any paralyzing lag spikes yesterday or the day before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    As a heads up: DDO will not have it's usual Wednesday restart this week. We are preparing a small patch that won't be ready in time for a tomorrow morning deployment and want to avoid multiple downtimes in the same week.

Stay tuned for a downtime thread (targeting Thursday but not yet set in stone).
    This dev post from Cocomajobo made me jump a sec, wait...there will be no restart? But Cordovan just said we are doing a restart? But the game worlds are definitely down?
    Then I checked the date of the post...
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

6. 04-15-2020, 08:46 AM

And there was no notice on the login screen and no world broadcast in the whole hour leading up to 9 AM. That was just wonderful! Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by csbztddo View Post
    And there was no notice on the login screen and no world broadcast in the whole hour leading up to 9 AM. That was just wonderful! Unbelievable.
    I saw a world broadcast.

Community Member

Thumbs down Download Fail!

Having problems with the patch. I get multiple update errors occurring and subsequent retry messages.

Hmmm.... never mind seems to be working now but still not able to transfer characters from hardcore league..... Hardcore League world doesn't show up as an option for characters to transfer from...….
    Last edited by Fatbraid; 05-27-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbraid View Post
    Having problems with the patch. I get multiple update errors occurring and subsequent retry messages.

Hmmm.... never mind seems to be working now but still not able to transfer characters from hardcore league..... Hardcore League world doesn't show up as an option for characters to transfer from...….

I finally figure out what it was doing. Say there are 250 patches to be done. It will get through, for instance, 25 and hit an error. Then it will restart with 225 patches and go until it gets an error and starts again.

It will continue to do this until all the patches are successfully done.

Community Member

Default Thank You.

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for a weekly restart every Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The downtime typically lasts for less than an hour.
    i think the game is great lag it bad but i know ya always working on it ty

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Interesting phenomenon - all the servers are down, but the launcher still launches and doesn't say "all game worlds are down" like it usually does.

That's the first time I've ever seen it do this (aside from when individual worlds crash, etc).
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

And... worlds are coming back up.

Thanks guys!
    o7

Community Manager

Reminder that we will do a regular weekly restart for all worlds except for Wayfinder (which will already be down for maintenance) on Wednesday, July 15th starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT).
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Bring it back up

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for a weekly restart every Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The downtime typically lasts for less than an hour.

So now Maintenance is on Friday as well (at least for Thelanis server today - 23 July 2020) .. what the heck man... get it together!!!

What the official expected duration of todays downtime?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Manager

Reminder that we will be doing our weekly restart tomorrow.
    Join us on Twitch!

18. 08-08-2020, 10:23 AM

Community Member

Reminder that we will be doing our weekly restart tomorrow.
    Logged in this morning to play for the hour I had available today to see the Hardcore shut down again, for a restart, though that was presumably included in yesterday's entire day of outage. Not mention last week's outages, and the week befores....
    This is getting old. Cant ever get to play when i have time. Morning shut down after a whole day shutdown. Jesus.

Founder

Default Getting very frustrated

My account is a mess since the update yesterday. On my main(Einnor) I cannot join groups. He was in the starter area when I first logged in after update nd now when people try to invite me to a group it tells them I cannot join as I am in the starter area even though I am nt. My other characters get message that I cannot enter certain content areas as I have not bought the content when I am VIP and have access to everything. I have also sent multiple tickets because of this and that Einnor cannot spend an action point in my enhancement tree.
    I cannot even lay the game right now and I am getting no response on a fix. The in game support told me to contact help through the website on the enhancement tree issue a few days ago and when I did they said to ask in game help to fix it.
    I do not know what to do.
    Please help
    [SIZE="2"]Einnor : Human Paladin[/SIZE]

The Old Timers Guild
    "Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<

Nvm.
    Last edited by dennisck2; 09-02-2020 at 07:38 PM.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Community Member

Default Will wait to see

One time, I was showing some new features of my software to a client. The client said," These new features are amazing." I thought things were going well. Then the client said," I don't need any of these features if I can't keep the platform stable. Please stop building new features and focus on stability." If this gets us more stability, awesome. If not, please take some time to reprioritize your roadmap to make things more stable. It's a good game, but after so many years, it has some rough edges you guys should just clean up, like stability. I hope I can come back to this thread next week and say great job guys!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast