Community Member

Default Looking for some advice ...

I've finished my heroic and racial lives, and now it's time to move into epics. The problem is that I haven't played epics in forever ... (since reaper came out).

I'm looking for some insight into what caster would work best.

What I have ... all the relevant heroic lives, 13 racial APs, 50 reaper points, a handful of epic PLs (3 in each sphere at the least) and a blank sentient gem with 7 slots open.
    What I don't have ... much in the way of epic level gear, high end INT tome (+8 in WIS/CHA) or a regular group to play with (I solo 75% of the time, pug the rest with the occasional raid)

My thinking is because I tend to solo a lot, I need something that has a balance of offence and defence. I'm thinking sorc is the way to go? Thiefling fire? Would DB electric work?

Hoping to be able to play in epic the same way I did in heroic. Run R3-5s solo, hop into PUGs when able, and farm end game gear.

Any and all input is appreciated!!

Omid, KHYBER

Sorc is indeed the fastest IMO.
    DB or tiefling are both good. Asamir as well for self healing and only slightly lower DCs. I did a 4 ETRs in a row when the new ones came out, switching between the various savants. The only bad savant IMO is earth.

Draconic's Eburst/Dragonbreath will save you a lot of spell points and give good AOE if you're not fire spec'd.

If you want to do off-destiny ED's (e.x., shiradi), I'd reccomend Fire. Meteor swarm has the best AOE in the game for leveling.
    That said, if you quicken it using the right click option there is a bug where you lose half your projectiles.
    You need to turn quicken on using the metamagic toggle dragged to a toolbar.

GL

A healing amp greensteel and heal scrolls + cocoon were what I used for healing.
    I took sprint boost from falconry.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Is the One Per Account deal on the +8 Supreme Tome still available? That was a potential source of all the tomes you need.

I'd give an additional vote for Sorcerer. Tiefling makes heroic leveling a lot easier since you don't have to get a second element from 1-19. Then you can get all your first time completion bonuses for Epic. 1 Heroic life and 2-3 Epic lives is a nice routine. If you're only doing Epic lives and won't dip back into heroic occasionally, then there are lots of nice options for your race (as noted above)

Both Draconic and Magister are great for Epic lives. I'm delighted with both of them. Cocoon has been plenty of self healing for me in low Reaper solo. Heroic Sharn gear up through 28 with an ML21 Cannith crafted casting stat item and a Keep on the Borderlands elemental stick for your main sentient weapon. Flamecleansed Fury set if you're choosing fire.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful