Default New Player Adventure Pack/Quest LFM Popularity List

This is a post meant to help recent (2019 June+) players figure out what quests/adventure packs are "the most popular" right now based on Thelanis's (meager) LFM activity, observations counting. Everything is on reaper (obviously), and if an adventure pack is not on this list, you can assume it is never played.

Some things to keep in mind as you read through this list:
    -the people you do end up playing with will go through these quests very quickly, i.e. they won't wait for you (normally) to catch up if you fall behind
    -any adventure packs not on this, as a rule, you can assume will never be run (the server's population is just too low)
    -the information here speaks to the general popularity for quests; don't be surprised (or ever expect it to happen again) if something pops up that isn't on this list, as it is just meant to give you an overall answer as to which quests/packs are played on this server and which aren't

Of the 30 or so adventure packs that DDO has, not including expansion "adventure packs", only around 4 or 5 of them are LFM'ed daily by the Thelanis population. The most played packs on this server are the Ruins of Gianthold, the Vale of Twilight, Necropolis/Litany of the Dead Parts I and IV, the Vault of Night, Devil Assault, and the Demon Sands. We will now examine each of the following below.

Adventure Packs:
    Gianthold quests:
    Vale Quests: (all of the heroic raids, the Shroud, Vision of Destruction, and Hound of Xoriat, are never run; however, there are occasional LFMs on Legendary the Shroud raid)

Demon Sands quests: (only the Tomb of the Wizard King and Offering of Blood are run, as far as I can tell, the former definitely more frequently... so 70% of the quests in this pack you'll have to solo if you get it)

Vault of Night quests: (the whole chain, I think; I'm not sure about the raid)

Seal of Shan-to-Kor quests: (the chain, sometimes)

Devil Assault quests: (for Token of the Twelves farming; the raid is never run either)

Necropolis Parts I and IV: (I is only ever LFMed for The Bloody Crypt since it offers good xp; IV is run for some quests; the part IV raids are never run)

Chains:
    Lords of Dust chain (both heroic and epic), very common
    Waterworks Chain (on reaper), very common
    Korthos "Chain" (on elite), every once in a while

Slayer Zones:
    Orchard (Necropolis Part IV) Slayers, both heroic and epic - most common
    The Ruins of Thunderholme (Shadows under Thunderholme) slayers, epic - quite common
    The High Road Slayers
    Vale Slayers - definitely less common now
    Gianthold Slayers - definitely less common now

Expansion Packs:
    The Sharn and Ravenloft Expansions are "very" popular right now; though Sharn LFMs tend to be more specific in terms of quest; Ravenloft LFMs are usually just there to finish the chain.
    Menace of the Underdark Expansion

Most "popular" F2P Quest LFMs:
    Tempest's Spine [raid] (only for level 10s, they won't teach you how to actually do the raid...)
    The Pit, ML 7, hard to learn how to do the (difficult) quest in LFMs nowadays, FYI
    The Tear of Dhakaan, ML 7, run for good xp
    The Xorian Cypher/The Path to Mindness prerequisite quest, ML 8, part of every TRs to-do list

The important thing to keep in mind is that all of these quests are difficult to solo on elite and have good xp; that is the reason why LFMs for them pop up. Don't expect LFMs that don't focus on these two things to pop up, ever.

The Pit is located in House Deneith behind the tavern. The Tear of Dhakaan is located in House Phiarlan off to the side of the map (on the borders; you will see two hobgoblins leading up to it). The Xorian Cypher is located in House Jorasco, behind the garden that has a ramp leading up to it; it is near the Mists of Ravenloft entrance and the Tempest's Spine quest giver.

Less Popular F2P LFMs
    Mired in Kobolds, ML 13, a tough quest w/ dragons and strong kobolds

All Adventure Pack List: https://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs
    F2P quest list: https://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Fr...lay#Quest_list

****I will be adding on as I sort through the quests and researching more into the P2P quests
    Last edited by Goalt; 12-25-2019 at 10:36 PM. Reason: organizing

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    This is a post meant to help recent (2019 June+) players figure out what quests/adventure packs are "the most popular" right now based on Thelanis's (meager) LFM activity, observations counting. Feel free to add on to the list. Oh, and everything's on reaper (obviously).

Some things to keep in mind as you read through this list:
    -the people you do end up playing with will go through these quests very quickly, i.e. they won't wait for you (normally) to catch up if you fall behind
    -any adventure packs not on this, as a rule, you can assume will never be run (the server's population is just too low)
    -the information here speaks to popularity in general; don't be surprised (or ever expect it to happen again) if something pops up that isn't on this list; it's just meant to give you an overall answer as to which quests/packs are played on this server and which aren't

Adventure Packs:
    Gianthold quests (excluding the raids, the Reaver's Fate and the Fall of Truth)
    -usually the packs played are Madstone Crater and the Crucible; also, the Troll and Aurum quests are never put up)
    -the raids, as stated before, are dead; expect only a couple of people (1 or 2) to join if you post one yourself; usually they are there to help you

Vale quests (excluding one of the heroic raids, the Shroud. However, there are occasional LFMs on Legendary the Shroud raid
    for completion only, and you must be flagged... everything else? (Almost) Never.)

Sands quests (only the Tomb of the Wizard King and Offering of Blood are run, as far as I can tell, the former definitely more frequently... so 70% of the quests in this pack you'll have to solo if you get it)

Vault of Night quests (the whole chain, I think; I'm not sure about the raid)

Seal of Shan-to-Kor quests (the chain, again)

Devil Assault quests (only the first one, for Token of the Twelves farming)

Chains:
    Lords of Dust chain (both epic and heroic)
    Waterworks Chain
    Korthos "Chain" (every once in a while), on elite

Slayer Zones:
    Orchard (Necropolis Part IV), both heroic and epic
    The Ruins of Thunderholme (Shadows under Thunderholme), epic
    Vale Slayers
    Gianthold Slayers - definitely less common now

Expansion Packs:
    In order of most popular to least...
    Sharn Expansion
    Ravenloft Expansion
    Menace of the Underdark Expansion

Tempest's Spine [raid] (only for level 10s, they won't teach you

Miscellaneous quests: The Pit, semi-rare now actually
    The Tear of Dhakaan, semi rare, too, now actually
    The Xorian Cypher, okay...

adventure pack list: https://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs
    f2p quest list: https://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Fr...lay#Quest_list

Quests that are almost never played:

***I will be adding on as I sort through the quests
    I'll add to your list that on Thelanis I've put up 14-16 he or r1 orchard runs starting with temple of vol, inferno of the damned, ghosts, and flesh makers. I wait for a bit before starting. They never get a join, and flesh makers is "nearly" (technically possible, but involves, charms and a hireling) impossible to to solo. So I solo on he to r1 depending on build, drop fleshmakers and go to bed for the evening. At least on thelanis, even though I love the chain, and it's great xp, I don't know if I could recommend a new player to get Necro IV. Without a server merge so that there are more people to play, you just won't be able to complete it.

Default Necropolis Part IV?

Regarding N4, I'm going to keep it in the list because I feel like it does get some LFMs. Maybe it doesn't, and I'll wait a month and realize the mistake.
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Please, don't ever use the color blue on these forums to denote important text, it's an obnoxious, hard to read font color.
    Thank you.

Default @Drecas Affirmative, and thanks.

Still fixing.
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Community Member

ok.. I have over 110 lives on Xoetepia (no longer counting)…

I almost always run WW, DQ area, GH, 3BC, Sharn, and RL.. everything else is fluid... this life I'm doing all that I can because I'm bored but imho everything else is optional

Community Member

The Devil's Gambit pack is very popular on Cannith. You will see it up multiple times every day: heroic, LN dailies and high skulls reaper. I'm surprised not to see it on your list.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

this is for Thelanis... just fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Xoetep View Post
    ok.. I have over 110 lives on Xoetepia (no longer counting)…

I almost always run WW, DQ area, GH, 3BC, Sharn, and RL.. everything else is fluid... this life I'm doing all that I can because I'm bored but imho everything else is optional
    3bc... that's an interesting one. Do you run it in lfms though? (or static, that's what I would think...)