Default Theory crafting some tweaks to an inquisitive build, looking for feedback.

Hey all,

I have played around with a number of different inquisitive builds since it was released and wanted to see if I could improve on the enhancement layout that I have used in the past. I have played many different flavors of inquisitive with primary classes ranging from Rogue, Ranger, Artificer, Fighter, Bard and even a Warlock and pure Barbarian. For my play style, I keep coming back to Ranger 6 with sniper shot being something I really miss when I do not have it. What are the community's thoughts on the following class and enhancement split?

11 Ranger(Free IPS and feats)/6 Rogue(enough for 3rd core mechanic-Int to damage)/3 Artificer (Rune arms and enough for 3 minute insightful strikes-Int to hit)

Enhancements:

Inquisitive: 41
    Mechanic: 11 (3rd core into to damage)
    Deep Wood Stalker: 23 (Killer x3)
    Harper: 6 (tier 1 KtA)

Total=81

yes I realize a 30 second duration KtA is a pain to manage and SP might be an issue at 45 seconds a cast. Maybe I am trying too hard to make minor adjustments at the expense of quality of life
    Neurik of Argo.

Community Member

Without making any comments on the overall validity of the idea…

You don't need int to hit from artificer if you're getting it as a prereq for KTA. you can drop down to 2 arti and pick up rogue 7 for another sneak die

Also you're spending 17 between mech and Harper to get what you could get in Harper for 12, and losing qol on kta. Those points in mech are largely just filler to open the cores, but Harper gives you good stuff like int
    Last edited by droid327; 12-10-2019 at 12:52 AM.

The right amount of timers to monitor and buffs to keep active is all a play style thing. I personal think the 2 minute buffs are kinda short. It sounds like you are looking for feed back from people who have tried these options when you are a very experimental player. Try out the different options and see what has the best results for you.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Community Member

inq 41, 12 harper. 27 left. spend 24 in deepwood to get core 4. 3 left for mech for +1 sneak die and 2 damage.

Ranger 12, rogue 5 artificer 3.

That's my suggestion.