Default Keep on the Borderlands Locks up on loading into the area

Title. Attempting to enter the Keep on the Borderlands area locks up on the loading please wait screen. Yes I own the pack. https://imgur.com/a/urSYOq2

Attempted to enter on Epic on a L20 mule, L21 Bard, L27 Druid. Always hangs. Currently at 20 minutes of loading please wait. I've reloaded the client multiple times, as well as rebooted my computer. Obviously, since I'm able to play non-Keep content, my internet is also fine. I have no issues entering ToEE as an example. Also attempted to load into heroic Keep, same thing.

I just finished reinstalling and reupdating the client. Same thing. Keep on the Borderlands is broken.

Today, I tried letting it sit until it did something. It held out until the game kicked me for inactivity, without ever leaving the loading screen.
    Last edited by azrael4h; 11-16-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...

Good to know that DDO's customer service never changes. They never do anything, but they never change.

Same issue here, on Ghallanda.

Loaded into the Keep (where my character was) just fine. Went to the door for the explorer zone; Game crashed (Server connection lost). Can't log back into the character now, it just times out. I have to use Transport to Eberron/FR to play the character. Tried using the Hall of Heroes entrance for KotB... No luck, still times out/crashes with connection lost.

Update: I'm guessing this is server-side issues... because now I'm able to get into the explorer zone?

Update 2: So after having this happen repeatedly... I have found a work-around.

It seems this always happens when I go into the EPIC explorer zone, then try to reset or enter the town from the Hall of Heroes after being in the epic explorer zone.
    (If you are unable to login to the character, transport them to forgotten realms/eberron.)
    Talk to the Transport in Hall of Heroes- Select the HEROIC version of the wilderness zone.
    Recall to Hall of Heroes
    Talk to the Transport again. You should now be able to go to either the town or Epic explorer zone without it locking up/crashing.
    Last edited by Velluminous; 11-22-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

Quote Originally Posted by Velluminous View Post
    Same issue here, on Ghallanda.

Loaded into the Keep (where my character was) just fine. Went to the door for the explorer zone; Game crashed (Server connection lost). Can't log back into the character now, it just times out. I have to use Transport to Eberron/FR to play the character. Tried using the Hall of Heroes entrance for KotB... No luck, still times out/crashes with connection lost.

Update: I'm guessing this is server-side issues... because now I'm able to get into the explorer zone?

Update 2: So after having this happen repeatedly... I have found a work-around.

It seems this always happens when I go into the EPIC explorer zone, then try to reset or enter the town from the Hall of Heroes after being in the epic explorer zone.
    (If you are unable to login to the character, transport them to forgotten realms/eberron.)
    Talk to the Transport in Hall of Heroes- Select the HEROIC version of the wilderness zone.
    Recall to Hall of Heroes
    Talk to the Transport again. You should now be able to go to either the town or Epic explorer zone without it locking up/crashing.
    Well, first off thank you for reminding me about the character transfer aspect of the Hall of Heroes. I'd plain forgotten about it. I got my character back.
    It's still locking up for me. I cannot enter either the explorer zone on epic or heroic at all, nor can I enter the public area. Customer Support said to repair, which I already did and fixed nothing. I also reinstalled, which fixed nothing. Also, it's not character-specific. Every character I've tried cannot enter at all.
    Last edited by azrael4h; 11-22-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Try deleting all the various client.dat files. I've found neither the repair nor reinstall process will fix those if they're corrupted, and forcing them to be redownloaded can fix things such as this.

It will be a huge redownload, but these are the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    Try deleting all the various client.dat files. I've found neither the repair nor reinstall process will fix those if they're corrupted, and forcing them to be redownloaded can fix things such as this.

It will be a huge redownload, but these are the breaks.
    Well, I fixed it by completely redownloading the game. So essentially what you said, in spades. :P Thanks for the help!