Community Member

Default Cannith Noob Help

Hey guys, been crafting since Jan and really love the new system. But there are a few things I want to be sure of before I use the ingredients. I've looked around and gotten different answers, so....

1) Does Tactical-Combat Mastery stack with Tactical-Vertigo? Trip DCs, right?

2) Likewise, does Spell Focus Mastery stack with Evocation (etc) Focus? Evoc Spell DCs, right?

Also, what are you slotting in your Weapon Suffix for general purpose non-bane items? I'm using the CC Planner and it WRONGLY states Damage: Piercing/Bludgeon/Slashing as a suffix when it's a prefix.
    I usually put Offense: Deadly on gloves so it applies to all weapons, which doesn't leave much for a general purpose weap suffix. What am I missing here?

And what about Keen? Does that work yet?

Thanks
    Fen

edit: the CC Planer is correct, the game wrongly labels the Piercing/Bludgeon/Slashing shard as a prefix until you go to apply it. It's a suffix.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 11-11-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Hey guys, been crafting since Jan and really love the new system. But there are a few things I want to be sure of before I use the ingredients. I've looked around and gotten different answers, so....

1) Does Tactical-Combat Mastery stack with Tactical-Vertigo? Trip DCs, right?

2) Likewise, does Spell Focus Mastery stack with Evocation (etc) Focus? Evoc Spell DCs, right?

Also, what are you slotting in your Weapon Suffix for general purpose non-bane items? I'm using the CC Planner and it WRONGLY states Damage: Piercing/Bludgeon/Slashing as a suffix when it's a prefix.
    I usually put Offense: Deadly on gloves so it applies to all weapons, which doesn't leave much for a general purpose weap suffix. What am I missing here?

And what about Keen? Does that work yet?

Thanks
    Fen
    Evo and spell focus dont stack.

I currently am only using Vorpal now in this life.

I'm not sure what you were looking at but bludgeon/pierce/slash are definitely weapon suffixes, I know because they're precisely what I make on my lowbie weapons along with good prefix.

Spell Focus (School) and Spell Focus Mastery are both equipment bonuses, and so do not stack with each other. Either will stack with other bonus types, for example the Spell Focus (School) feat. I haven't looked at the Tactical versions but I would guess they're the same; mouseover to check the bonus type to be sure.

I also have never tried to use Keen because I feel like on any character where it would be relevant you probably want to have the Improved Critical feat, which makes it redundant.

As a rule, if it's the same "type" of bonus, it does not stack. General tactcs/spell focus and specific tactics/spell focus do not stack (if it's wai).

For a weapon, check out this concise treatise: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5925371

I remember coming up with the Piercing/Slash/Bludgeon confusion as well whether they are suffix or prefix.

I think if i recall, it might have been the DDO game crafting UI text copy was wrong that it is prefix and that it IS indeed suffix. I could be mistaken. Maybe others can confirm.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    I think if i recall, it might have been the DDO game crafting UI text copy was wrong that it is prefix and that it IS indeed suffix. I could be mistaken. Maybe others can confirm.
    That's my recollection - it said "prefix" on the shard so I didn't bother to apply it because my item already had a prefix.

Will hit the lab today and confirm (my melees are giving me the stinkeye atm)

and thanks C-Dog, very helpful link.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Check this link for weapon recipes ---> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Recipes-redux

I used that thread recently.

Stoner81.
    I was wondering abt something on that link and if u knew. Does it say you can make a tier 0 thunderforged weapon thats +9 and can use it at level 1?

Does it say you can make a tier 0 thunderforged weapon thats +9 and can use it at level 1?
    I'm guessing you're referring to this passage...
    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    "Default Weapon"
    ...If you have tier 0 thunderforged (ML22) I would probably just skip this one entirely and stick with the ML10 version until 22. If you don't have tier 0 thunderforged, go get one! They only cost 20 ingots, which can be farmed in the wilderness area...
    That states that Tier 0 are ML 22, and that agrees w/ what's in the Wiki.

(Doesn't mean that there's not a bug or that things don't work diff, but that's what both say. )

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    I'm guessing you're referring to this passage...

That states that Tier 0 are ML 22, and that agrees w/ what's in the Wiki.

(Doesn't mean that there's not a bug or that things don't work diff, but that's what both say. )
    Thanks. My bad. I thought i read ml 0. It was tier 0. Late night over here

np. My late night was last night, end of revels. Made the same crossbow twice for one account. Oh well...

Community Member

I remember coming up with the Piercing/Slash/Bludgeon confusion as well whether they are suffix or prefix.

Just tested and confirmed the problem.

When you craft the Slashing shard, it shows up in your inventory as a Prefix.

When you apply the Slashing shard, it shows up in the device station (and then on your weapon) as a Suffix.

It's a suffix that is mislabelled until you apply it.

There are some shards that can slot into different locations (prefix/suffix/extra) - slot them "in desired order" to make sure they go where you want them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    There are some shards that can slot into different locations (prefix/suffix/extra) - slot them "in desired order" to make sure they go where you want them.
    Yup, esp with Trinkets, and the crafting panel will show you have two choices.

But this is different from that, it's a mislabel of a shard that only slots Prefix.

(I know you know this, I'm clarifying for any dev lurker so they don't get confused)