Default leveling and endgame gear for Wizards as of update 43

This is what I use for leveling up a wizard from 2-28 some of this is difficult to get or maybe even impossible, some is easy to farm use it how you like, i know lots of people that have issues coming up with gearsets that work well and this works very well for me. i find that i am able to hit the required spell DC's in reaper mode and keep my defenses to an acceptable level as well with this gear.

level 2
    Helm: hat of the night hag
    Neck:necklace of contemplation
    Trinket:runic trinket
    Cloak:
    Belt:
    Ringswap: Featherfalling ring
    gloves:Tattered Gloves
    boots:
    Ringstatic:
    bracers:
    Armor: Robe of duality
    Goggles: CC crafted goggles, colorless slot with masters gift, persuasion, true seeing
    Weapon: cc crafted stick of fire spell power and negative spell crit
    offhand: Nicked orb
    Quiver: quiver of alacrity

level 3
    Cloak: phiarlan mirror cloak

level 4
    belt: Indomitable Wrappings
    ring: Ring of the Buccaneer

level 5:
    Trinket: Vibrant Purple Ioun Stone
    boots: boots of corrosion
    gloves: Charged Gauntlets
    Cloak: Envenomed Cloak
    Bracers: Scorched Bracers
    Helm: Helm of Frost
    Mainhand: flaming forum post
    offhand: necrotic forum post

level 8:
    Neck: chains with heroic sorcery set con quality con
    Ringstatic: five rings with sorcery set int, quality int
    Bracers: Shackles with sorcery set cha quality cha
    Ringswap: Spinneret with sorcery set
    Cloak: slave masters cloak with sorcery set
    belt: Indomitable Wrappings (8)

level 9:
    boots: Kundarak Delving Boots

level 10:
    Helm: Hat of the night hag
    Neck: Reflective bloodstone
    Cloak: phaseclaok
    Belt: Silverthread belt
    gloves: blurfingered gloves
    boots: flightfoot greaves
    Ringstatic: Ring of nightfall
    Bracers: Braceres of the fallen hero
    Armor: barovian nobles regalia
    goggles: Summoners spectacles
    Mainhand:Macabre Sceptre
    Offhand: Barovian Sceptre

level 11
    Bracers: Heroic greensteel with smoke and HP with displacement clicky
    goggles: heroic greensteel with spell points and cha skills with haste clicky

level 13
    Helm: Pansophic Circlet

level 15
    Neck: CC crafted with constitution +8 and insightful constitution +3 and false life +29
    Cloak: Black Velvet Capelet
    Gloves: CC crafted with insightful nullification +47 negative healing amplification +30 and nullification +94
    Ringswap: Shattered Onyx with insightful int +3
    Bracers: Aetherband
    Armor: Orders Garb
    Goggles: Dusk Lenses

level 17
    helm: Darkstorm helm with reaper bonus
    Sunken Slippers with qality int +1 (this is bullcrap btw at level 17+ quality stat should be +2)

level 23
    Helm: CC crafted Helm with Spellsight +18, insightful spellsight +9 wizardry +220
    Neck: CC crafted Constitution +11, Insightful Constitution +5, Sheltering +27
    Trinket: CC crafted Spell penetration +5, Spell Focus Mastery +4, Efficient Enlarge
    Cloak: CC crafted Int +11 insightful int +5 dodge +11%
    Gloves: CC crafted with insightful nullification +61 negative healing amplification +43 and nullification +122
    Weapon: Flaming forum post level 20 with sentient
    offhand: Necro Focus +5, Insightful Necro Focus +3 parrying +5

level 26:

Helm: Sightless
    Belt: Belt of braided beards
    Offhand swap in legendary greensteel dust, ash, ooze, freezing ice, affirmation as needed

level 28
    legendary spinneret
    I dint fit an epic slave lords set for use for just one level. But if you need a bump here, put one on.

level 29
    helm: LGS helm with 3x bonus to fire spell crit damage with immortal heart (swap the helm off to a legendary arcsteel brim for the extra magical sheltering after using ~1000 spell points)
    neck: The Zarash'ak Ward
    trinket: Slavers crafted with wizardy 371, quality wisdom +4, spellsight +22, resistance +14
    cloak:legendary gossamer weave
    belt: legendary silverthread belt
    ringswap: legendary shattered onyx with +10 insightful int crafted
    gloves: legendary skin tight gloves
    boots: LGS boots with 3x bonus to negative spell crit
    ringstatic: legendary celestial sapphire ring with +21 con crafted
    bracers: legendary necromancers bracers
    armor: the legendary blackmail (you can put the robe armor from this set to eek a bit more dps at the loss of some prr/mrr)
    goggles: legendary collective sight with +21 wisdom and +10 insightful con crafted
    weapon: nightmothers scepter
    offhand: legendary concentrated chaos orb with +5 quality int crafted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Tank Gotta Go Fast-Shanayney - over 156 Reaper points
    Survivable Healer-Sahanna

Thanks for this - it's given me a couple of good ideas or items to work towards. I really like that you've broken down gearing suggestions by level, all the way from 2 up. Most builds list legendary endgame gear, but don't give any clue what would work in the meantime, so thanks again for that. Some stuff I already have, some I know I'll probably never get, but that's OK.

I'm currently using the Legendary Acolytes Lenses with a festive INT ruby added as my INT item, and I'm pretty happy with that. I will need to keep a look out for one of those craftable Sharn rings to make a CON item though - using Legendary Mantle of Fury is good, but means I can't use either that Gossamer Weave Cloak or the Black Velvet Capelet...

BTW I like that you're getting use out of the Hat of the Night Hag even up to level 13 ;-)

Community Member

Thanks for this. What ring are you swapping to?
    Toon on cannith

First off, I just want to say thank you for this amazing list. It has really helped me as a returning player to know what gear to farm for my wizard and I am sure you put a lot of time into figuring out the gear tetris for an entire wiz life. So, thanks a ton!

Second, I am just wondering if anything has changed since the time of this writing or is this still what you would consider the optimal setup for wizard lives? I just hit lvl 23 and was going to start crafting all the CC stuff but I just wanted to make sure that that was the correct route to go still.

Thanks again for putting this list together!

Default Intelligence

What is your end game intelligence and can you break down how you got there? I saw in another post that it was 126, but that was a year ago.
    Charater Names: Mostly Jeryle for the dudes and Merreth for the ladies
    Main: Wizards and Healers
    Officer of Unbreakable

Community Member Peter_Principle's Avatar

You should probably leave the Tattered gloves on until you can put on Ravenloft gear. An ML:2 +12 to fire crit is pretty good.

I'd also add the Bracers of Wind (MLs 3 and 7) and the Cloak of the Mimic (ML 4). The bracers are a pain to farm, but they are the best you'll find to pump up Lightning spells, along with the Blurry...it's too good to pass up.

And don't forget your Master's Gifts. Slot one in an ML:1 white slot cloak, one in your Mimic Cloak, and then one in your Silverthread Belt and you're covered until 29 (when you'll put on your Legendary Silverthread).
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.