Default shoot first or shoot later

Simple question what is better in inquisitive (this is not a thread to complain about how OP it is so please keep it to a minimum) Shoot First or Shoot Later
    ''True heroism requires the wisdom to find the proper path, the courage to face all obstacles, and the magic to blast those obstacles to rubble''

Community Member

Shoot Later does more damage, its all up-front, but has a longer cooldown. It also comes paired with a good defensive clicky

Shoot First does more damage overall, but takes a while to fully tick which doesnt help if the mob dies on you. Questions Later also currently doesnt seem to work, at least not with auto-diplo.

In terms of total DPS, Shoot Later is probably the better option, especially once you stack a lot of base damage bonuses where the crit profile boost is more useful.

That being said, I run my Inqui with Shoot First pretty much just for the lower cooldown, which lets me alternate it with Sniper Shot and have a +W alpha strike ready for every mob. Making those your first attack on each mob maximizes their utility.

Quote Originally Posted by ViggoEvan View Post
    Simple question what is better in inquisitive (this is not a thread to complain about how OP it is so please keep it to a minimum) Shoot First or Shoot Later
    if you have adrenaline or hunt's end, take shoot later

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Shoot later is significantly stronger than Shoot First

Ask Questions First gives stacking dodge that ignores your dodge cap.

Both of those are way better than their alternative. Bleed damage is not at all impressive because it is small AND it doesn’t stack with itself.

Shoot Later also gets multiplied by a bunch of Epic effects and gets multiplied by double shot where Shoot Later does not get a similar benefit. Shoot Later is a clear winner.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

shoot first or shoot later
    For role-playing purposes I would take "shoot later", of course.

Burt sadly DDO isn't a role-playing game, it is rather an Action-RPG, in which even so-called "social skills" are exclusively meant to contribute to combat, and to nothing else.

There do exist tiny dialogs with social skill checks, but these are so rare that I can safely say that all so-called "social skills" are nothing but "secondary or tertiary combat skills".

I just wish role-playing games these days had so much more social components. But no, RPGs are meant to be manly games with the theme of "coming/growing into power".

RPGs these days are nothing but "man games". It's easy to say that because they have never any substancial social interaction. Only fighting.

The only RPG in existence which is completely social focused is "SIM's Medieval", and that gets constantly badmouthed by men because it has no fighting in it.

But I remain with my standpoint : For role-playing purposes I would take "shoot later", of course.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

Burt sadly DDO isn't a role-playing game, it is rather an Action-RPG, in which even so-called "social skills" are exclusively meant to contribute to combat, and to nothing else.

There do exist tiny dialogs with social skill checks, but these are so rare that I can safely say that all so-called "social skills" are nothing but "secondary or tertiary combat skills".

I just wish role-playing games these days had so much more social components. But no, RPGs are meant to be manly games with the theme of "coming/growing into power".

RPGs these days are nothing but "man games". It's easy to say that because they have never any substancial social interaction. Only fighting.

The only RPG in existence which is completely social focused is "SIM's Medieval", and that gets constantly badmouthed by men because it has no fighting in it.

But I remain with my standpoint : For role-playing purposes I would take "shoot later", of course.
    a. what an unnecessary tangent into sexism
    b. then make your own game with more social components

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

please try to stay on topic
    ''True heroism requires the wisdom to find the proper path, the courage to face all obstacles, and the magic to blast those obstacles to rubble''