Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zappy View Post
    OK boys and Girls, here we have one of the most amazing and successful wizard builds that has ever happened. this has been born from innovation, experience and fun. this is also currently the most fun I've had on a build to date.

the objective of all of the shanayney builds is to be able to complete 2 or more rolls in a reaper 10 party, tank, dps, heal, cc, instakill.

this build can tank, cc, instakill, and provides limited DPS which is amazing but it completes each of these amazingly well except the DPS part

its built as a cc/instakill wizard first and tank second. with enough dps to hold aggro from even the best DPS characters via threat increases

the build is as follows

Drow as this is what im doing for racial lives
    wizard 20, epic 10

str: 8
    dex: 10
    con: 16
    int: 20 + all levelups
    wis: 8
    cha: 10

feats are as follows

level 1: quicken
    level 1 wizard feat: enlarge
    level 3: shield proficiency
    level 5 wizard feat: mental toughness
    level 6: wizard past life feat
    level 9: insightful reflex
    level 10 wizard feat: heighten
    level 12 feat: shield mastery
    level 15 feat: single weapon fighting
    level 15 wizard feat: spell focus necromancy
    level 18 feat: improved single weapon fighting
    level 20 wizard feat: improved mental toughness
    level 21: feat greater single weapon fighting
    level 24: feat embolden
    level 26 ED feat: perfect single weapon fighting
    level 27 feat: master of the dead
    level 28 ED feat: mass frog
    level 29 ED feat: deific warding
    level 30 feat: epic mental toughness
    level 30 legendary feat: scion of the shadowfell

skills, you get heaps as you are int based.

important ones to max for the build are spellsight, heal, intimidate, umd, balance. 1 point in tumble. others if you can afford them are search, jump, diplo

Enhancements

i run lots of gear swaps to go between roles. my default roll is as a wizard as that is what people expect from me.

gear run is as follows

helm: LGS helm with 3x bonus to fire spell crit damage with immortal heart
    neck: The Zarash'ak Ward
    trinket: Slavers crafted with wizardy 371, quality wisdom +4, spellsight +22, resistance +14
    cloak:legendary gossamer weave
    belt: legendary silverthread belt
    ringswap: legendary shattered onyx with +10 insightful int crafted
    gloves: legendary skin tight gloves
    boots: LGS boots with 3x bonus to negative spell crit
    ringstatic: legendary celestial sapphire ring with +21 con crafted
    bracers: legendary necromancers bracers
    armor: the legendary blackmail (you can put the robe armor from this set to eek a bit more dps at the loss of some prr/mrr but you have to swap in the medium armor if you expect to tank well
    goggles: legendary collective sight with +21 wisdom and +10 insightful con crafted

weapon: nightmothers scepter
    offhand: legendary concentrated chaos orb with +5 quality int crafted

main swap. when i get through 1000 spellpoints or so, i swap the helm off to a legendary arcsteel brim for the extra magical sheltering. dont forget to swap back at the end of quests or at shrines for that extra 18% spellpoints.

I also swap in legendary acolytes lenses at shrines for buffing with those extra 200 spellpoints. an alternate method would be to make a tripple spellpoint LGS cha skills item but requires an extra cleanser (i dont do this at all but you should be over 7000 sp if you do)

tanking setup. i can swap in a tanking setup in an instant if required then you just swap from litch to zombie and enable epic defensive fighting, cast tensors transformation and you are good to go. I get to a self buffed 122 intimidate before the coffee and alchemical intimidate potions with this setup. good enough for almost everything (reaper project nemesis needs aprox 170 intimidate for no fail on the purple name)

helm: Citadel's Gaze
    neck: Cracked Core
    trinket: Slavers crafted with sheltering 45, quality charisma +4, balance +22, resistance +14
    cloak:legendary Black Velvet Capelet
    belt: LGS belt with 3x unconscious range and a immortal heart
    ringswap: Stolen Signent of Ir'Wynarn
    gloves: legendary skin tight gloves
    boots: LGS boots with 3x electric resistance
    ringstatic: legendary celestial sapphire ring with +21 con crafted
    bracers: legendary necromancers bracers
    armor: the legendary blackmail
    goggles: Legendary Lenses of the Orator

weapon: null
    offhand: Legendary Mirrorplate Tower (cast masters touch for proficiency)

ez tank swap is claok for spell absorb as needed

one additional swap i do at some points during super easy content is swap to a legendary wild flame mainhand stick and burnscar sash belt and equip a pair of attunements gaze to keep the DC's up for things like night revels farming when there is heavy undead but you can use meteor swarm and delayed blast fireball

i carry a nice golf bag of debuffing and utility weapons. I swap the orb to a dust. ash, suffering, or freezing ice, or corrosive salt as needed and apply using magic missile or chain missile or death aura

now, shanayney has over 100 reaper points and can therefor max both the caster tree and the defense tree. im not however completionist or racial completionist. if you are a completionist, swap out epic mental toughness for completionist this will net you a few more intimidate score as well as 1 better on DC's and a few more HP as well.

for DC caster mode in reaper i am looking at a self buffed 131 DC on necromancy spells and 122 enchantment spells.

when i swap to tank mode in reaper, I have 4000 hp with 122 intimidate and 280 prr 200 mrr. this is done in magistar. Not proper tank numbers but its enough for doom reapers and rednames in reaper mode even r10

if i am tanking a raid i will jump into sentinal and get to 3500 hp in a normal thru elite raid and up to ~4700 hp in a reaper raid. I have successfully taken an electric dragon breath on hard killing time with 20 electric vulnerability stacks on hard. also with the amazing self healing of a pale master, i do not need the supervision of a healer for when the rest of the party leaves through portals in killing time.

i have succesfully tanked
    -r10 doom reapers and rednames in all sorts of quests while in magistar
    hard killing time
    hard project nemesis (offtank for r1 project nemesis)
    normal too hot to handle
    r1 hound
    r1 shroud in magistar
    elite riding the storm out

there is just something about the priceless reactions of people wondering how a pure wizard can tank so well.
    Am I missing something or is there int to dmg anywhere here? I see int to hit in the EK tree, but not to dmg. Great build!

Edit: nvm didn't read before posting!
    Last edited by polymath; 11-11-2019 at 07:50 PM.