Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zappy View Post
    this is correct, and has been the case since day one of artifact's being introduced to the game, it was stated it was fixed in a patch, however, it was not. The problem even takes place if you do not have any duplicate filigrees. Just something on the checklist, or logout checklist as you can unequip your artifact and sentient weapon before you log out, put them on when you log in and everything will work correctly in that case as well.

p.s. a filigree is in the mail for you.
    omg.. thanks you so much Zappy!
    Furian of Khyber

2. 12-23-2020, 07:08 AM

Hi Zappy, and happy holidays. I have some questions if you get some time for a response.

1) Is the OP tank set fairly up-to-date? I have all the quest items, enough raid runes to purchase the raid items, and enough LGS ingredients to get a running start on all that. But.. seeing how resource heavy it is (mainly LGS), I wanted to check in with you before pulling the trigger and using those resources up.

2) I've never played a tank. I understand that I change to zombie form, turn on epic defensive fighting, equip the tank gear set, and at least when raiding, switch to Undying Sentinel. Besides my regular buffs, I should throw on master's touch for the shield proficiency, rage for HP/saves, and maybe down an Essence of Seduction potion for more intimidate (i already do cunning, desire, and supreme ability in my normal routine). Am i missing anything as far as setup goes? I understand there may be situation gear changes based on content, but generally speaking, is this everything?

3) I've read through everything in this thread a couple times and I've gathered that you perform a lot of boss debuffs. That's something that, on reading the effects, always seemed kind of pointless to me. However, I must be wrong if you are spending the extra time and resources to do it. So, i've gathered that you keep up cloudkill, waves of fatigue, waves of exhaustion, and maybe LGS dust & ash? Am i missing any?

4) Finally, what is your normal "cycle" when tanking?

Thanks again for all your help Zappy. I'm enjoying the build and am ready to learn to tank!
    Furian of Khyber

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

very very preliminary DC caster setup with new fey gear but no fey raid gear

goggles: magewrights specticals set (cha 21)
    head: Faedark Faerielights (illusory death quality wiz110 magic eff 10)aut
    neck: winter court necklace (greater boon of undeath/negamp85/profane DC2/profane HP72)winter
    trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    cloak: magewrights cloak set (insightful int)
    belt: artifact strap of autumn leaves (int+22/Magic sheltering59/nat armor22/magicefficiency10)winter/aut
    ringswap: breaking out the old spinneret (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    gloves: gloryborn gloves (sacred DC2/PS LIGHT ALIGNMENT 214/quality resistance4/+1 qprrpersacred)aut
    boots: deepsnow boots (ins con10/q con5/fom/fort17)winter
    ringstatic: celectial sapphire 21 con (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    bracers cold iron bracers (ghostly/protection17/vit72/Qfalse life20)winter
    armor cladding of dead leaves (usl 10 usp 20 PRR 54 Parry 10) aut

weapon prince scepter
    offhand alchemical shield cold corrosive salt/acid+2 int/cold necro focus
    Zappy, can you please tell what changed in your tank setup itembuild with that new feywild items? or you un-equip all these new caster's items and equip all that old tank items from 1st post?
    Last edited by noble_pirate; 12-27-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Quote Originally Posted by noble_pirate View Post
    Zappy, can you please tell what changed in your tank setup itembuild with that new feywild items? or you un-equip all these new caster's items and equip all that old tank items from 1st post?

yeah, currently swapping every piece except the non swap ring for full tanking, nothing really beats the LGS HP and max intimidate items for this build really, especially with r1 LOB intimidate requirements being 154. hope to see something I like in the feywild raid, I will updoot the full build when I get that gear sorted out as ive made a few other changes as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Tank Gotta Go Fast-Shanayney - over 156 Reaper points
    Survivable Healer-Sahanna

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

Thank you very much for your answer, I'm ready to craft that 2 pieces of LGS, now just need to catch that Legend.Shroud today )

as ive made a few other changes as well.
    can you please share with us that changes? as I've collected all that items you posted in "very preliminary DC caster setup" post, so maybe need to change there, heh ))
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Quote Originally Posted by noble_pirate View Post
    can you please share with us that changes?
    I have a more up to date feat list and a new destiny twist setup that eeks a tad more int. I will update the relevant posts when i get some time. I am still using the "preliminary" DC casting gear for now.

Hey Zappy. Here's my take on Fey gear for your scrutiny. The Silverthread Belt is getting hit with the nerf stick next patch, so I've tossed it out. I'm getting 3 sets: 4 piece Autumn, 4 piece winter, 2 piece Magewright. I wasn't able to fit in quality spell focus mastery, but with the new sacred bonus I was able to maintain DC's at or above the old gear set. I should probably loose the reaper stat helm, but it's hard to let it go haha. In the end we get like 700-750 more health, and something like 1200 more spell points. The spell power isn't what it once was with the loss of 200 from the belt, but it's not bad.

Wizard_DC_Gear.pdf

I've started working on the tank gear. Please take a look if you find the time. It seemed worth going with a 6 pieces set of Winter for the 20% health increase, 100% bonus to threat, 4 constitution, 25 PRR, and 15% negative amp. I could only fit in 1 LGS, so I went with unconscious range. I'm not sure if that's the correct choice. I probably need to chuck some of the less useful augments and fill some elemental resistance holes in the gear.

This isn't a quick swap either... only 4 items stay on when converting to tank mode. I haven't started looking at filigree yet. What's your setup for tank?

Wizard_Tank_Gear.pdf
    Furian of Khyber

Community Member

very very preliminary DC caster setup with new fey gear but no fey raid gear

goggles: magewrights specticals set (cha 21)
    head: Faedark Faerielights (illusory death quality wiz110 magic eff 10)aut
    neck: winter court necklace (greater boon of undeath/negamp85/profane DC2/profane HP72)winter
    trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    cloak: magewrights cloak set (insightful int)
    belt: artifact strap of autumn leaves (int+22/Magic sheltering59/nat armor22/magicefficiency10)winter/aut
    ringswap: breaking out the old spinneret (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    gloves: gloryborn gloves (sacred DC2/PS LIGHT ALIGNMENT 214/quality resistance4/+1 qprrpersacred)aut
    boots: deepsnow boots (ins con10/q con5/fom/fort17)winter
    ringstatic: celectial sapphire 21 con (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    bracers cold iron bracers (ghostly/protection17/vit72/Qfalse life20)winter
    armor cladding of dead leaves (usl 10 usp 20 PRR 54 Parry 10) aut

weapon prince scepter
    offhand alchemical shield cold corrosive salt/acid+2 int/cold necro focus

Thanks for this, I am figuring out gear as well following the death of the belts and have come to very similar conclusions re the DC set.
    Max DC set is pretty much identical to zappy's, but swapping into Stygian Wrath + Falls Decay (this is essentially Shein's DC setup) gives back 300ish negative spellpower for lower difficulty stuff / pug raids / nuking /turning on auras etc, at the cost of 3 DC (5 necro), or 2 (4 necro) if I had a reaper stat helm to swap into. Have not seen one drop to any in party let alone pull one myself

Still figuring out the tank set as well. I am most likely going to stay in Dreadkeeper as I want to max out negative crit rate for more self-sufficiency, the closer to 100% the better. A string of non-crit aura ticks on say R1 can sometimes make things scary. Not building to tank R10 etc, just as a primary or backup tank for raids on the typical pug difficulties. The main problem is that I cannot seem to fit magical sheltering anywhere

Am I correct in saying a warforged wiz can wear the dreadkeeper docent for 15% exceptional crit while taking adamantine body to avoid MRR capping? And we get the heavy armor PRR? Because usually the exceptional crit stuff only appears on robes or autumn set otherwise. I have warforged lives to do soon and this is tempting to try
    This essentially trades in two duplicated lines on Blackmail (Profane Neg Amp 85 winter neck, False Life 81 deep promise) for the exceptional spell power/crit

Quote Originally Posted by Shein View Post

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Lifesealed on cloak of winter reduce our negative healing? This has never been fixed yah? - why can't we just have straight deathblock - need it since apparently our capstone deathblock does not actually work, as evidenced by prismatic purple ray (Eg feywild pixies)

As an aside the new improved shield mastery line now should give EDF hitpoints...
    long live the never nerfed wiztank!!!
    Last edited by meeeeeeeePEWPEW; 02-25-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Community Member

Default few questions about the build

Hello, hope my english will be good enough to be understood:
    i used to play dc casters and never play tank caster then i'm a noob about that.
    few questions about the feats you choose:
    First why do you take shield mastery and shield profenciency? for the 5 prr 3% melee power and doublestrike? ask you that cause in EK tree you gain shield prof without using a feat but without any bonus. Is it better then spell penetration or greater necro focus or enchant spell focus? or do you have another goal?
    Same you take mental thoughness . Is it for 150 sp and 1% critical chance ?
    You choose all the single weapon feats, but if i well understand the feats don't work with shields? then when you tank you don't use shield?
    ty if you have time to answer or someelse who know the answers.
    tc
    valdo

Quote Originally Posted by deredriel View Post
    Hello, hope my english will be good enough to be understood:
    i used to play dc casters and never play tank caster then i'm a noob about that.
    few questions about the feats you choose:
    First why do you take shield mastery and shield profenciency? for the 5 prr 3% melee power and doublestrike? ask you that cause in EK tree you gain shield prof without using a feat but without any bonus. Is it better then spell penetration or greater necro focus or enchant spell focus? or do you have another goal?
    Same you take mental thoughness . Is it for 150 sp and 1% critical chance ?
    You choose all the single weapon feats, but if i well understand the feats don't work with shields? then when you tank you don't use shield?
    ty if you have time to answer or someelse who know the answers.
    tc
    valdo
    Hi Valdo. I think you'll find your answers if you just read through the entire thread.

The single weapon feats are only for the purpose of getting the full 25% hit point increase from Epic Defensive Fighting. At no time does this build use melee.

Tank using a tower shield. You can use master's touch if you care about not seeing the ! icon. Mastery is for the PRR.

He said he's taking metal toughness for the extra damage and spell points, because his DCs are already high enough. You can read his full explanation within the comments of this post. I personally did not take metal toughness, but instead went for the increased DC.
    Furian of Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by deredriel View Post
    <snip>
    All of these are for the same purpose: Epic Defensive Fighting. When you're tanking, you sacrifice spellcasting range for the extra % HP.

That being said, you can't take the Shield Mastery line without first being proficient with shields. The EK enhancement doesn't fulfill the feat requirement, so you have to take the Shield Proficiency feat as well.

This build hasn't been updated for Update 48.4, in which EDF was recoded a bit and the Shield Mastery line was generally improved/extended. A newer version would take Shield Proficiency, Shield Mastery, ISM, GSM, and the new Perfect Shield Mastery ED feat. That'll give you the full 25% EDF bonus (5% + 5% per combat style feat) and maximize PRR while tanking

Community Member

Red face ty

Ty for the answers, i will read all if i can translate, and think about the complete discussions. But your answers give me matter to think about my own build. And i have miss too the impact of the update on defensive feats.
    then ty again and have fun
    valdo

@ Furian
    @ Naynay
    Quick question about Pendant of Bottled Moonlight. From what I understand, it applies the no-save crushing despair effect before the DC check for your spells.
    This would result in a 5 point debut (maybe 7 - not sure on crushing despair if the -2 and -5 stack).
    Any thoughts???

First Post has been updated for Feywild update with new augments and gear.

I now run tank mode with 5 piece LGS, 3 winter, and 2 summer. PRR is now 400 MRR 280 with 6400 HP in reaper if full tank mode.

DC's have gotten to the low 150's now, and am able to get Int to 142 if everything is perfect in DC casting mode.

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

First Post has been updated for Feywild update with new augments and gear.

I now run tank mode with 5 piece LGS, 3 winter, and 2 summer. PRR is now 400 MRR 280 with 6400 HP in reaper if full tank mode.

DC's have gotten to the low 150's now, and am able to get Int to 142 if everything is perfect in DC casting mode.
    Hey Zappy, I'm super curious as to how you get to 142 intelligence now. On my calculation, 27 base, 22 equipment, 10 insightful, 5 quality, 4 artifact, 2 profane, 2 festive, 1 exceptional, 8 tome, 12 enhancements (including PM capstone), 5 reaper, 12 filigree, 1 Great Int feat, 2 completionist, 2 racial completionist, 2 guild, 7 destiny, 1 Gnome PL, 1 Drow PL, 2 Yugoloth, 2 Long Lasting (rem) pot, 2 Bard song, 1 Arcane Hymn= 133

I'm missing 9 in comparison but I don't know where from.

Edit: I have since realized I'm missing the 2 alchemical and 2 from the Feydark tree. I still have yet to find the other 5...
    Last edited by PrinceOfAsphodel; 03-27-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfAsphodel View Post
    Hey Zappy, I'm super curious as to how you get to 142 intelligence now. On my calculation, 27 base, 22 equipment, 10 insightful, 5 quality, 4 artifact, 2 profane, 2 festive, 1 exceptional, 8 tome, 12 enhancements (including PM capstone), 5 reaper, 12 filigree, 1 Great Int feat, 2 completionist, 2 racial completionist, 2 guild, 7 destiny, 1 Gnome PL, 1 Drow PL, 2 Yugoloth, 2 Long Lasting (rem) pot, 2 Bard song, 1 Arcane Hymn= 133

I'm missing 9 in comparison but I don't know where from.

Edit: I have since realized I'm missing the 2 alchemical and 2 from the Feydark tree. I still have yet to find the other 5...

i updated the int breakdown in the first page

you are missing 1 from a second great int feat, 2 from a reaper hat and 2 from abashi cookie set

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

i updated the int breakdown in the first page

you are missing 1 from a second great int feat, 2 from a reaper hat and 2 from abashi cookie set
    Oh. Duh, the reaper hat. Where do you get abishai cookies that give stat boosts?
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfAsphodel View Post
    Oh. Duh, the reaper hat. Where do you get abishai cookies that give stat boosts?
    if you eat one of each of the 5 abashi cookies from festivult, you get a 10 minute buff that gives you +4 profane to wis/int/cha. this does not stack with the +2 profane but is in addition to, just something for max screenshots really, not many situations where 150+ necro DC will not work.

Community Member

Default more reading more questions ...

Hi,
    ty for the tip about the stacking int on sentience ,never think it can work but it's working and sure it's a boost in int.
    Then, is it the same thing for wild fortitude? see you have 3 augments are they stacking?
    ddo is a very surprising game, always something to discover.
    have fun
    valdo

Community Member

Default have find

hi again
    after reading wiki
    i have understand why you need 3 wild fort to have the set bonus. i will respond at my previous post . heu!!!!! if i do that is it the begining of mental disorder?
    have fun
    valdo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast