Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Mournlorde

Not sure if you already answered this question but.... Is using Mornlorde mandatory or??? If so Why? Thanks
    Rexshoo Gland

The reason to use Morninglord is for Rejuvenation of the Dawn and spell penetration in the racial tree. You could easily go Deep Gnome which gets you illusion DC and the two very nice SLAs, greater colour spray and phantasmal killer. Gnome and Drow also work well, there's just not as much useful stuff in their racial enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by SynalonEtuul View Post
    The reason to use Morninglord is for Rejuvenation of the Dawn and spell penetration in the racial tree. You could easily go Deep Gnome which gets you illusion DC and the two very nice SLAs, greater colour spray and phantasmal killer. Gnome and Drow also work well, there's just not as much useful stuff in their racial enhancements.
    Don't forget, when the D&D gods suck you into the game and make you your avatar.........it will be much better being a Sun Elf than a dirty little Gnome or hated Drow ruled by your women.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    Don't forget, when the D&D gods suck you into the game and make you your avatar.........it will be much better being a Sun Elf than a dirty little Gnome or hated Drow ruled by your women.
    Indeed, the ultimate reason to go sun elf is...well...gnomes are fugly

Community Member

Default Feywild gear

Curious how your build looks now Zappy with the Feywild expansion sets, if your even needing to use anything from them or not!

Quote Originally Posted by liston33 View Post
    Not sure if you already answered this question but.... Is using Mornlorde mandatory or??? If so Why? Thanks
    this build works well with morninglord or drow. gnome is a small race and gets -4 intimidate vs a medium race. it is arguable better as a normal wizard but this is a wizard that also tanks. morninglord is great because it gets better build points than drow (not having a useless +2 into dex and 34 points to spend vs 36 points to spend and get the cha to 12 instead of 10) and is a full int race with +20 int at creation and a further +2 int in the racial tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Learn from Zappy, he knows what he is doing on an arcane.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Tank Gotta Go Fast-Shanayney - over 156 Reaper points
    Survivable Healer-Sahanna

Quote Originally Posted by Jimzin View Post
    Curious how your build looks now Zappy with the Feywild expansion sets, if your even needing to use anything from them or not!
    i have just TRed into this build again after finishing all the rest of the lives and getting to 156 reaper points. I will post an update in a week or two with the new gear, some of it looks rather amazing for this build and it seems to be possible to get a winter and autumn set going at the same time in some capacity for being able to multi-roll some lower difficulty raids via keeping instakill ability and tanking ability at the same time. i dont see the full tank gear swapping much just because of the intimidate that is required in LOB, so keeping the max intimidate gear on is a must, however for the general DC casting and reaper 10 running I can definitely see the gear swapping.

I figured some Feywild sets I was pretty happy with before I TRed to do some racials.

Reaper 10 / raid pushing:

Magewright’s Spectacles (Magewright set) +9 illusion DC, +5 insightful illusion DC, +9 spell pen Topaz of Necromancy Festive Intelligence
    Arcsteel Brim +54 mrr, +26 insightful mrr, +7 spell focus, +17 will Wild Fortitude
    The Zarash’ask Ward +22 int, +2 quality spell focus, +41 quality potency, +20% force absorption Topaz of Evocation Wild Fortitude Topaz of Enchantment
    Deep Promise Onyx +5 quality int, +43 insightful neg amp, +22 quality neg amp, +81 false life Sapphire of Resistance
    Magewright’s Cloak (Magewright set) +10 insightful cha crafted, +9 enchantment DC, +5 insightful enchantment DC, +453 wizardry Diamond of Strength Topaz of Illusion
    Direbear Belt (Winter set) +27 insightful sheltering, +5 rough hide, +21 natural armour, roar Sapphire of Good Luck
    Shattered Onyx +10 insightful int crafted, +2 profane spell DCs, +8 insightful resistance, +10% insightful dodge Wild Fortitude
    Gloryborne Gloves +2 sacred spell DCs, +214 power of the silver flame, temperance of spirit, +4 quality resistance Topaz of Transmutation
    Deepsnow Boots (Winter set) +10 insightful con, +5 quality con, FoM, +17 fortitude Globe of True Imperial Blood
    Celestial Sapphire Ring +21 con crafted, +2 profane abilities, 21% dodge, improved deception Topaz of Nullscale Armour
    Cold Iron Bracers (Winter set) ghostly, +17 protection, +72 vitality, +20 quality false life Draconic Soul Gem
    Snowscale (Winter set) 214% fortification, +85 heal amp, +54 prr, +10 parrying Sapphire of Greater Heroism

The Prince’s Sceptre +7 spell focus, +4 insightful spell focus, +9 spell pen, +5 insightful spell pen Empty
    Legendary Alchemical Tower Shield with +2 alchemical int, +9 necromancy focus Ruby of Nullification Sapphire of Spell Agility

This gearset gives +4 necromancy and illusion and +3 to all other DCs over Sharn, as well as a load more HP, plus a bit more PRR/MRR. You could easily get over 3k HP in reaper, dependent on past lives/reaper points and the +4 artifact con set. Probably Zappy with a lot more past lives and reaper points than me would be pushing 4k HP with this gearset.

Main disadvantage of this loadout though is that nullification spell power goes through the floor. So no easy boss or reaper DPS on the fly, and your self-healing is a lot worse. Since in r10 you have people to do these things for you, the extra DCs and survivability are a worthy trade-off. When I absolutely must have negative spell power, I swap in the new nullification ring, silverthread belt, LGS crit dmg and Stygian Wrath off-hand; this is mainly if I have time and want to cast maxed death auras, or for helping out with boss DPS. It is a pain though, and your DCs will suffer.

Tank swaps are as follows:
    Goggles: LGS unconscious range/cha skills/cha skills
    Head: Compliance
    Neck: Standard Issue Sigil
    Cloak: Cloak of Summer (not always used as it removes insightful cha for intim)
    Ringswap: Circle of Malevolence
    Gloves: The Prince’s Gauntlets
    Off-hand: Bulwark of Snow

Compared to Sharn, I find my intim and HP have both gone up. So that is great. However, you miss out on the permanent elec absorption from the Stolen Signet, so that is something to watch for tanking KT. Did not stop me tanking r1 though.

I further had a last gearset for mid reapers and farming; i.e., when you want to keep both DCs and spellpower up and your defenses are not as important. It is basically the same as the first set, except I swap the Snowscale for the Cladding of Dead Leaves (exceptional spell crit chance), Celestial Sapphire for Ring of Fall's Decay (nullification/void lore), Cold Iron Bracers for Levik's Bracers (constitution) and Arcsteel Brim for Faedark Faerielights or LGS neg crit damage. This pumps up spell power and crit chance for easy farming and self-healing, plus you get the +20% mana which you can then swap to an LGS for max dps.

Overall with Feywild I found a lot more build options were available, but you couldn't get everything you want on one gearset - hence the many swaps I run for different content. Everything involved some kind of tradeoff.

Looking forward to your gearset Zappy since I'm sure there are things I have not thought of. I could definitely put quality int on the goggles and swap out the trinket for instance.

very very preliminary DC caster setup with new fey gear but no fey raid gear

goggles: magewrights specticals set (cha 21)
    head: Faedark Faerielights (illusory death quality wiz110 magic eff 10)aut
    neck: winter court necklace (greater boon of undeath/negamp85/profane DC2/profane HP72)winter
    trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    cloak: magewrights cloak set (insightful int)
    belt: artifact strap of autumn leaves (int+22/Magic sheltering59/nat armor22/magicefficiency10)winter/aut
    ringswap: breaking out the old spinneret (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    gloves: gloryborn gloves (sacred DC2/PS LIGHT ALIGNMENT 214/quality resistance4/+1 qprrpersacred)aut
    boots: deepsnow boots (ins con10/q con5/fom/fort17)winter
    ringstatic: celectial sapphire 21 con (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    bracers cold iron bracers (ghostly/protection17/vit72/Qfalse life20)winter
    armor cladding of dead leaves (usl 10 usp 20 PRR 54 Parry 10) aut

weapon prince scepter
    offhand alchemical shield cold corrosive salt/acid+2 int/cold necro focus

Curious questions been workin w til on new stuff

Neck have u tested the new despair one free curse all necro spells

thats like 4 debuffs all casts maybe does it work on auras and necro slas or useless garbage cuz it could be nice

gloves r fn garbage theyll never fix amp ones or could be ok 400 neg amp

N guildies told me neck wouldnt stack w sf 2 off artifact but idk
    Last edited by mr420247; 12-05-2020 at 07:23 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Curious questions been workin w til on new stuff

Neck have u tested the new despair one free curse all necro spells

thats like 4 debuffs all casts maybe does it work on auras and necro slas or useless garbage cuz it could be nice

gloves r fn garbage theyll never fix amp ones or could be ok 400 neg amp

N guildies told me neck wouldnt stack w sf 2 off artifact but idk
    bro....

do you need help?

lets see if i can decipher this...

line 1

"i am curious. i have questions."

line 2

"have you tested the pendent of bottled moonlight feytwisted item that causes crushing despair on necromancy spell cast?"

line 3

"the pendent of bottled moonlight looks really great for a necro DC caster with some amazing debuffs."

line 4

"the gloves you have selected are bad choice and it seems like the devs will not fix a broken aspect of them that involved negative healing amp." (i cant even begin to fathom this at all)

line 5

"my guildies told me the neck wouldn't stack with spell focus 2 off artifact but i did not bother to check anything myself" (changing from the int artifact on neck from sharn looses +2 quality DC, however i replace that effect with the spinneret)

ok, now that i have spend a solid 10 minutes of my life actually figuring out what you wanted to say, lets take a peek.

the neck is a great twisted neck item, however it should have been twisted to autumn or winter, not the existing summer, now that would be different if i could slot a second summer item to get the +25 artifact magical sheltering, but i cannot figure a way to do it properly yet if at all. As stated above, this is very preliminary and I will be making a post in the OP when i have sorted everything out and gotten the new raid gear that I want.

also to note, when i use my first 1200 mana, i swap to my reaper hat to get another DC. if i pull a winter or autumn reaper hat, I'm sure that's what i will wear instead.

the gloves i have selected so far are the feytwisted Gloryborne Gloves that have sacred spell DC +2 on them, which does stack with my selected necklace with +2 profane spell DC. this knocks the old int artifact out but allows me to pick up the new int artifact belt that has both the winter and autumn sets on it, allowing me to get a 4 piece winter and a 4 piece autumn while only wearing 7 pieces of feywild gear. the neck also gets +85 negative healing amp which with the trinket will get me the max geared neg amp i can possibly get, a stat that i think is important on an undead DC casting wizard. however, this makes me loose +2 quality spell DC, which I must get back from an empty spot of rings, so i picked the otherwise useless spinneret, which i have a perfectly rolled reaper+3/mythic+3

as far as i can tell so far, all of the sources of spell DC that i have on this gearset, stack correctly.

what i currently wish, is that there was a feywild ring in winter or autumn that had +21 con on it and i wish that i could fit fully geared spellpower into the set instead of just augments of spellpower.

in fact, i with the autumn peices were better all around, i am currently using only feytwisted autumn items and an artifact that has winter/autumn on it. highly disappointing setup for a max DC wizard, and while the DC is a hair higher, the spellpower is very much lower than what i have become used to. only 850 neg spellpower when I am used to over 1200 while in sharn era gear.

this is leading me to think that i need to build a full 3 gearsets for this build now, one that is full damage with max spellpower, one with max DC's and one that is full tank. ill figure it out and update as needed.
    Last edited by zappy; 12-07-2020 at 12:51 AM.

Default Want to know

How to do a morninglord without cleric class as first level??

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DaxLegend View Post
    How to do a morninglord without cleric class as first level??
    Obviously: +1 Lesser Heart of Wood
    Last edited by noble_pirate; 12-15-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Community Member

I just TR's into your interesting build. I was a DC wizard for years, but have been DC warlock since the class came out. It's taking some adjusting to say the least. I'm used to more insta-kills in my arsenal, with an extra finger of death SLA and the higher DC, undead capable Devour the Soul. For your build I went Deep Gnome, so I do get an extra Phantasmal Killer SLA. I've been a halfling since 2006, and Morninglord is just too **** tall

Anyway, I have a couple questions if you have the time to respond:

1) Which Pale Master beacons did you choose?

2) I haven't played Pale Master since the revamp, and I thought i remembered something about a "weakening mixture" type enhancement, but it turns out it's only undead that you can make vulnerable to negative energy. What are your go-to spells against constructs and champions that are immune to both insta-kills and negative energy?

3) Are you relying on potency for non-negative damaging spells, or are you equipping for a secondary element/damage type?

I realize these are noob questions for a guy who has been playin since 2006, and is a triple completionist of every type with 100 reaper points. Such is the state of my intellect, so your input would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by wowzors_wis View Post
    1) Which Pale Master beacons did you choose?
    I have all three of the SLA's on the left side of the tree, and I choose zombie and lich. I run the DC caster as a lich and tank in zombie. For the cores I pick the one with enchant DC, the one with necro DC, and the one that gives MRR.

2) I haven't played Pale Master since the revamp, and I thought i remembered something about a "weakening mixture" type enhancement, but it turns out it's only undead that you can make vulnerable to negative energy. What are your go-to spells against constructs and champions that are immune to both insta-kills and negative energy?
    this is a reaper 10 group build for the most part, and while it is capable of soloing quests on lower difficulty, you may have to cherry pick the quests that do not have a boss that is immune to your spells, however wizards are amazing, they can prepare their spells at a tavern before each quest, and at shrines inside the quests. If you need to equip some cold or electric or acid or fire spells, go for it, I promise I wont tell on you. for constructs in quests, spam prismatic spray/ray and use mass frog on the ones that do not have massive spell penetration. i keep some spellpower sticks for each element if i need them for this exact situation.

3) Are you relying on potency for non-negative damaging spells, or are you equipping for a secondary element/damage type?
    you can use a general potency item if you like, but there is usually a better option for each element. for example, cold and fire have the wild frost and wild flame from the house j rage quests, those are great, dont forget the ravenloft belts if you really need to output some damage, but i really find bringing a good DPS buddy with ya really helps. in fact i have 2 manned many reaper 10 quests with just a dps buddy to kill the boss in a timely manor while i tanked it.

on a side note, gnome will lose 4 intimidate over the elf version because of their small size, just something to keep in mind on something that already has a hard time with intimidate, however, i was just tanking an R1 PN the other night and i was able to hit 177 with full buffs including bard.

Quote Originally Posted by zappy View Post
    lessss break it down! 128 int (130 with bard)

20 base
    7 leveup
    2 completionist
    2 racial completionist
    8 tome
    13 enchancements (2 morninglord racial, 2 litch form, 4 captstone, 2 PM tree, 2 EK tree 1 Falconry tree)
    6 epic destinies (4 magister, 1 twist, 1 arcane hymn)
    5 reaper (1 core + 4 enh)
    1 gnome past life
    1 drow past life
    22 enhancement
    10 insightful
    5 quality
    4 artifact
    2 festive
    2 profane
    1 exceptional
    9 filigree
    2 rem pot
    2 yugo pot
    2 ship buff
    2 reaper hat
    ---------

filigrees
    4 piece ottos
    4 piece eye
    4 piece inevitable grave
    as many + int as you can get. 9 in my case with thread combo filigrees as well
    How are you getting 9 Int out of that? I calculate 7 with 12 slots, using 2 raid combo filigrees:

Ottos (x4)
    +1 int

Beholder (x3 + combo for set)
    +1 int

Inevitable Grave (x3 + combo for set)
    +1 int

Beholder/Grave combo
    +2 int

Zarigan's/Voltaic Experiment (Spare slot)
    +2 int

Total Int: +7

I could see pulling off 9 Int if you didn't go for 3 set bonuses. Without a 4 piece Inevitable Grave set you could get +9 Int. Compared to the triple set, this would result in -1 DC for Necro, and +1 DC for all other schools.

Is that correct?

very very preliminary DC caster setup with new fey gear but no fey raid gear

goggles: magewrights specticals set (cha 21)
    head: Faedark Faerielights (illusory death quality wiz110 magic eff 10)aut
    neck: winter court necklace (greater boon of undeath/negamp85/profane DC2/profane HP72)winter
    trinket: Legendary Deep Promise Onyx (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    cloak: magewrights cloak set (insightful int)
    belt: artifact strap of autumn leaves (int+22/Magic sheltering59/nat armor22/magicefficiency10)winter/aut
    ringswap: breaking out the old spinneret (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    gloves: gloryborn gloves (sacred DC2/PS LIGHT ALIGNMENT 214/quality resistance4/+1 qprrpersacred)aut
    boots: deepsnow boots (ins con10/q con5/fom/fort17)winter
    ringstatic: celectial sapphire 21 con (mrr 3x or con 3x)
    bracers cold iron bracers (ghostly/protection17/vit72/Qfalse life20)winter
    armor cladding of dead leaves (usl 10 usp 20 PRR 54 Parry 10) aut

weapon prince scepter
    offhand alchemical shield cold corrosive salt/acid+2 int/cold necro focus
    I know you said this is very preliminary, but i'm curious... are you're intentionally dropping DPS all together? I don't see any spell power, negative or otherwise, in this set (other than a quality potency). I guess if you're always doing very high reaper, perhaps you are just focused on CC, insta-kills, and tanking when you need to? I would think you would want at least neg spell power though for death aura & neg burst, since you're adding neg amp to the gear.

I TR'd into your build after we spoke in-game the other day. Thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Shein; 12-18-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Furian of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Shein View Post
    How are you getting 9 Int out of that? I calculate 7 with 12 slots, using 2 raid combo filigrees:

Ottos (x4)
    +1 int

Beholder (x3 + combo for set)
    +1 int

Inevitable Grave (x3 + combo for set)
    +1 int

Beholder/Grave combo
    +2 int

Zarigan's/Voltaic Experiment (Spare slot)
    +2 int

Total Int: +7

I could see pulling off 9 Int if you didn't go for 3 set bonuses. Without a 4 piece Inevitable Grave set you could get +9 Int. Compared to the triple set, this would result in -1 DC for Necro, and +1 DC for all other schools.

Is that correct?
    this is a bit of an old int breakdown now, but that filigree list is a tad old.

current filigree is

artifact
    raid eye+grave +2 int/raid zarg+volt +2 int/ottos +1 int

Weapon
    raid eye+grave +2 int/raid zarg+volt +2 int/ottos +1 int/zarg +1 int/zarg mrr/ottos +1 con/ottos mrr/eye +1 int/eye mrr

this makes a 4 piece eye/4 piece ottos and 4 piece zarg, and 2 piece grave and volt. this also includes a total of 12 int from filigrees

it is fully unknown if the filigrees are supposed to stack when equipped on different items, but at this moment in time, they do and it is posted as such on the wiki. No dev response on the subject has ever been seen.

I know you said this is very preliminary, but i'm curious... are you're intentionally dropping DPS all together? I don't see any spell power, negative or otherwise, in this set (other than a quality potency). I guess if you're always doing very high reaper, perhaps you are just focused on CC, insta-kills, and tanking when you need to? I would think you would want at least neg spell power though for death aura & neg burst, since you're adding neg amp to the gear.

I TR'd into your build after we spoke in-game the other day. Thanks for sharing!
    indeed, there are 2 weaknesses to that current gearset, one is the lack of spellpower, only 700 neg spellpower with a +139 negative spellpower augment and a lack of a fortification item. i am hoping a new raid peice from the feywild raid shores that up. a winter ring with +21 con and fortification 214 would be a godsend. or an autumn ring with qulity int 5 and fortification 214

but you are correct, this is a reaper 10 and raiding wizard, and dps has been dropped. I do however usually run in a group, or at least shortman. a good range dps and me on this build can easily 2 man most reaper 10 quests.

this is a bit of an old int breakdown now, but that filigree list is a tad old.

current filigree is

artifact
    raid eye+grave +2 int/raid zarg+volt +2 int/ottos +1 int

Weapon
    raid eye+grave +2 int/raid zarg+volt +2 int/ottos +1 int/zarg +1 int/zarg mrr/ottos +1 con/ottos mrr/eye +1 int/eye mrr

this makes a 4 piece eye/4 piece ottos and 4 piece zarg, and 2 piece grave and volt. this also includes a total of 12 int from filigrees

it is fully unknown if the filigrees are supposed to stack when equipped on different items, but at this moment in time, they do and it is posted as such on the wiki. No dev response on the subject has ever been seen.
    Oh wow... that's awesome! I didn't know that worked. So glad I asked! Thanks!

indeed, there are 2 weaknesses to that current gearset, one is the lack of spellpower, only 700 neg spellpower with a +139 negative spellpower augment and a lack of a fortification item. i am hoping a new raid peice from the feywild raid shores that up. a winter ring with +21 con and fortification 214 would be a godsend. or an autumn ring with qulity int 5 and fortification 214

but you are correct, this is a reaper 10 and raiding wizard, and dps has been dropped. I do however usually run in a group, or at least shortman. a good range dps and me on this build can easily 2 man most reaper 10 quests.
    Understood. I've been staring my gear spreadsheet for 2 days. It hurts my brain haha. For now, as far as a caster setup goes, I think i'm going with your OP version with some modifications to fit in some Feywild gear and reaper stat helm. I'll keep working on it, but this should at least get me up and running. It's a bummer that I can use the Gloryborne Gloves in this setup. I have Legendary Magewright's Spectacles and probably enough raid runes for the cloak, so I'll probably head that directly in the future.

I haven't even begun to look at tank gear. I'll likely be back with questions in that department if you don't mind, since I've never actually played a tank style toon.
    Last edited by Shein; 12-18-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    Furian of Khyber

Ok, i've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why the numbers aren't adding up, and I've discovered something to do with this filigree stacking. You must remove BOTH your sentient weapon and artifact, and then put them back on each time you log in. Not 1 at a time, but both items off, and then both items back on. Check out the behavior below. Keep in mind that i don't have Zarigan intelligence filigree yet, so my sentient is only providing 6 int instead of 7.

Take off sentient weapon: 114 int (Seems correct: 120 - 6)
    Equip sentient weapon: back to 120 int
    Take off artifact: 91 int (Seems correct: 22 enhancement + 2 festive int + 5 filigree = 29, 120 - 29 = 91)
    Equip artifact: back to 120 int
    Take off both sentient and artifact: 90 int (huh? should be 85, right? 120 - 29 - 6 = 85)
    Put both back on: 125 int

The 5 points are from the duplicated filigree: Zargigan/Voltaic [2] + Beholder/Inevitable [2] + and Otto's Int [1]

I've tested this a bunch of times. Once i'm at 125 int, it is stable. I can go in and out of quests, and I can equip/unequip my sentient with no int reduction.

In reaper i'm at 129 int, which will round to 130 once I get my hands on a Zarigan intelligence filigree.

One other thing of note: When dissecting all of this i discovered that Lich form is displayed in-game as an item/effect, instead of an enhancement.
    Furian of Khyber

Ok, i've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out why the numbers aren't adding up, and I've discovered something to do with this filigree stacking. You must remove BOTH your sentient weapon and artifact, and then put them back on each time you log in. Not 1 at a time, but both items off, and then both items back on.

this is correct, and has been the case since day one of artifact's being introduced to the game, it was stated it was fixed in a patch, however, it was not. The problem even takes place if you do not have any duplicate filigrees. Just something on the checklist, or logout checklist as you can unequip your artifact and sentient weapon before you log out, put them on when you log in and everything will work correctly in that case as well.

p.s. a filigree is in the mail for you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast