Default Druid Wolf Attack Speed Data

Okay, so me and Yargore are working on our DPS calculator as usual, and it's recently come to my attention that we haven't properly implemented the attackspeed for druid wolf form.

We've used Vanshlilar's and MrCows attackspeed numbers for other fighting styles, and that's fully accurate. Problem is, the only available data on wolf is off by quite a bit from my testing, and since I don't have the hard data I can't make an equation out of it to extrapolate different alacrities, etc.

So I made an iconic druid/cleric to test attackspeeds, and here are my results.

BAB 5

101 10% (dire wolf only)
    106.9 15%
    113 20% (winter wolf only)
    119.5 25%
    126.5 30%

BAB 10

101.8 10% (dire wolf only)
    107.8 15%
    114 20% (winter wolf only)
    120.5 25%
    127.5 30%

BAB 15

103 10% (dire wolf only)
    109 15%
    115.5 20% (winter wolf only)
    122 25%
    129 30%

The tests were simple. I used a stop watch, pressed start just as hit started auto attacking. I counted animations, not red numbers on dummy (as those tend to lag). I tested every bab and alacrity number 3-4 times, if I had any deviations in my counting I redid it. The pattern from these tests are quite strong, but my question is what happens at BAB 30? Is my bab data enough to get a proper formula or not.

Right now I'm working with:

85.6*(1.01^BAB TIER) for base number of attacks (i.e. same as MrCow, only updated for wolf). Then (1.4421*alacrity+1)*base number of attacks (I.e. same formula as Vanshilar, only updated for wolf aspd).

If that formula holds, BAB 30 with dire wolf should be 106 attacks/minute give or take 0.3-0.6, and with 30% alacrity (total, so winterwolf+10) should be 132-133.

Unfortunately I don't have a 30 bab druid to test it with. And that's where you guys come in, if someone can test it (and even retest my numbers if you want), and supply me with that data I can make the adjustments to our dps calc and we can start getting the new versions out there. Ideally, I'd also have 35% aspd numbers for everything as well (so haste + winter wolf).

As a side note. Numbers for bear form would be nice as well.
    Formerly known as Absolute-Omniscience, co-creator of the old DPS calc.

Community Member

How close are you to having an actual calc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    How close are you to having an actual calc?
    Very. Only big thing missing is wolf attackspeed. A fair warning though, it's not super user friendly. But once you know and understand it is a very fast way of calculating builds.

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    Ideally, I'd also have 35% aspd numbers for everything as well (so haste + winter wolf).
    Where does 35 percent come from? I see 30% from winter wolf swift hunter tier 5 natures warrior, but haste is 15%, no? If they stacked would be 45%?
    I apologize if my ignorance derails the thread.
    Last edited by Mindos; 10-08-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Where does 35 percent come from? I see 30% from winter wolf swift hunter tier 5 natures warrior, but haste is 15%, no? If they stacked would be 45%?
    I apologize if my ignorance derails the thread.
    Direwolf is 10%, winterwolf is 20%. You can get another 10% if you run T4 enhancement and stack it up. And another 10% if you run T5 in NW.

Quote Originally Posted by A-O View Post
    Direwolf is 10%, winterwolf is 20%. You can get another 10% if you run T4 enhancement and stack it up. And another 10% if you run T5 in NW.
    The t4 enhancement that your thinking of fatal harrier. It provides 5% attack speed per mob you kill upto 25%. If you don't kill a mob in 15 seconds you lose all stacks. The stacks themselves do not stack with haste so only the 4th and 5th mob kill have any gains. The way I he enhancement is setup means it has low effective use in full groups, difficult quests, and often raid/boss settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    The t4 enhancement that your thinking of fatal harrier. It provides 5% attack speed per mob you kill upto 25%. If you don't kill a mob in 15 seconds you lose all stacks. The stacks themselves do not stack with haste so only the 4th and 5th mob kill have any gains. The way I he enhancement is setup means it has low effective use in full groups, difficult quests, and often raid/boss settings.
    I am well aware, that's why I said if you stack it up.

I ran some numbers at BAB 20 for bear and wolf. The methodology is a little different but maybe you can tease out the data to fit your methods.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...WF)?highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    I ran some numbers at BAB 20 for bear and wolf. The methodology is a little different but maybe you can tease out the data to fit your methods.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...WF)?highlight=
    Some questions on the numbers:
    124 Wolf (20%) So haste (15% and winterwolf? Or what is 20% here?
    163 Haste boost wolf (20%) So haste (15% and winterwolf? and 20% haste boost?
    138 Wolf (30%) So haste (15% and 30% winterwolf?
    177 haste boost wolf (30%) So haste (15% and 30% winterwolf? and hasteboost 30%?
    114 Bear Just haste 15%?
    139 Haste boost bear haste 15% and what boost?
    124 Bear (10%) what is this
    159 Haste boost bear (10%) what is this
    Since you're running blinding speed it's very hard to get a baseline, but if you can supply the information on the data I might be able to use it and see how it fits the model.