Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I found some cool DDO art

I bought a lot of these from a guy who got them in a “storage war.” It looks like marketing or design art from the launch of the game. There are 7 total pieces each with slightly different poses of characters or the dragon, in one instance it’s actually a demon. It’s really sweet and measures about 40 x 22 inches, and professionally mounted on posterboard. I looked up the agency on the label on the back and it appears they do a lot of video game marketing.

I was was just wondering if any original DDO staff or designers remember looking at these? It looks like the original box art was derived from these.

also bragging on my epic loot drop ????

Nice loot drop!
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Manager

Woah, neat!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Wow, cool!

You have any interest in selling them?

I'd be interested in them as a set.

If you are, please PM me pictures of all seven individually and also let me know about how much you'd want for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Nice find

I have a bit of Kobold Shaman concept art, signed by the at-the-time Dev Team, that I have around here someplace. I think I won it in a contest or random drawing for it. Had it on the wall next to the PC for a while, not sure where it got off to...

If I can find it, I will snap a pic and post it here.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

wow best loot pull eva

i'm jealous.

Please do Memnir! I find this stuff incredibly interesting. I collect D&D art and I’m curious what kind of concept work they did. Was it hand drawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I have a bit of Kobold Shaman concept art, signed by the at-the-time Dev Team, that I have around here someplace. I think I won it in a contest or random drawing for it. Had it on the wall next to the PC for a while, not sure where it got off to...

If I can find it, I will snap a pic and post it here.

Here are some of the variations

Awesome. The last one reminds me of a pit fiend.

Community Manager

Moving this thread to the Hall of Fame because I was just thinking about this find over the weekend, and this needs to be placed where it can be found long-term.

I do not know who this art may have originated from, but would have a short list in mind that I would not say. It is marketing art that would be used to help determine a brand campaign or re-brand effort, and the back side dating from 2011 and from Trailer Park aligns with a time that I saw a bit of art that was Cannith-themed that remains in the office. This would have been initially used during executive brand and marketing meetings, and then with a second life as office art. Over time, some amount of this stuff ends up in the hands of employees, but sadly never enough. Just trying to do my part for the treasure hunter and object history crowd. The use of the original box art and game trailer adventuring party indicates an intention to retain the classic named group for marketing, so predates 2012ish when I recall us largely moving on to other things. Someday we should get a full bio up on the OG adventuring party, as there is some excellent concept art made for them.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    Awesome. The last one reminds me of a pit fiend.
    Pretty sure that is supposed to be a concept art stylized version of Suulomades.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    Please do Memnir! I find this stuff incredibly interesting. I collect D&D art and I’m curious what kind of concept work they did. Was it hand drawn?
    I haven't found the Kobold Shaman - but I found that I also have a bit of signed Vol production art

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I haven't found the Kobold Shaman - but I found that I also have a bit of signed Vol production art

I recall that from (maybe?) our final Jillian's party in Fenway? At least another version may have found its way there. Don't remember how you got yours.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I recall that from (maybe?) our final Jillian's party in Fenway? At least another version may have found its way there. Don't remember how you got yours.
    It was a DDO Player's gathering in Seattle for Pax. It's been a number of years, and I forget who was there, but we had a blast.

I got this in the prize-raffle at the end - the host said you sent a bunch of swag, and this was a part of what you sent.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Oh, finally I can see a picture which makes Vol look like an actual person !

The Eberron Wiki page doesn't have such a clear picture of her, that's why I could never imagine her as a real person.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Behind the foggy+smoke+dust+particle brushes, Velah and Suulomades images look like high quality 3D renders ( perhaps directly from the 3D designer software instead of the DDO engine), but anyway it would be super to see DDO run with that level of detail .

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    I bought a lot of these from a guy who got them in a “storage war.” It looks like marketing or design art from the launch of the game. There are 7 total pieces each with slightly different poses of characters or the dragon, in one instance it’s actually a demon. It’s really sweet and measures about 40 x 22 inches, and professionally mounted on posterboard. I looked up the agency on the label on the back and it appears they do a lot of video game marketing.

I was was just wondering if any original DDO staff or designers remember looking at these? It looks like the original box art was derived from these.

also bragging on my epic loot drop ????

still looking for this Robe since 2008 does it exist??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast