Community Member

Default Weapon Properties, Chances of, Vorpal. . .

To get a vorpal weapon, you not only have to roll on the Major weapon properties table, you have to roll an 89 - 90 in 3E.

To get a disruption weapon, you have only to roll on the Medium table (76-78) or on the Major table (47-49).

(And that's without getting into what type of weapons those properties are allowed on).

But I'm seeing vorpal weapons drop like they occupy a good 10% of the loot table, and . . . let me check. . . I don't remember the last time I saw a rangen disruption weapon drop.

What I would like to see in one of the next couple updates is a return to more proper loot tables, as per 3E.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm

Here we go again...

Community Member

DDO is not D&D
    Last edited by AlcoArgo; 01-10-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member

You do realize random loot becomes quickly trash-tier after you unlock a few packs with modern named items? You're arguing about what affixes you should be selling to vendors

Hell, at this point I usually go out of my way NOT to take random loot out of chests, I just get the stackables. I dont need the plat, I'm finished leveling Cannith crafting...more often than not its just an inventory hassle...

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    You do realize random loot becomes quickly trash-tier after you unlock a few packs with modern named items? You're arguing about what affixes you should be selling to vendors

Hell, at this point I usually go out of my way NOT to take random loot out of chests, I just get the stackables. I dont need the plat, I'm finished leveling Cannith crafting...more often than not its just an inventory hassle...
    Vorpal is great for ML2 beaters, but otherwise yeah, vendor trash. I can always find ways to spend plat though
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.