Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alchemist?

Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I asked if they could have a pet dog named Alexander, but that was a no.
    speaking of pets, I still wish we could buy/loot/dice roll cosmetic costumes
    for our various combat pets cosmetic and sound change only
    Druid - Tiger, winter wolf, lion, dog, dino
    Mage - zombie, ghoul etc.
    Arty - mech panther etc.

STRICTLY cosmetic, some animations would be nice but not required.

I guess what's done is done, but I kind of don't want any new classes in DDO. I am more than satisfied with the roster we already have and I will never ever be able to do completionist. Just voicing my opinion, if someone's excited for Alchemist more power to them. I would just really like if this was the final class added to DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancy View Post
    I guess what's done is done, but I kind of don't want any new classes in DDO. I am more than satisfied with the roster we already have and I will never ever be able to do completionist. Just voicing my opinion, if someone's excited for Alchemist more power to them. I would just really like if this was the final class added to DDO.
    They've yet to add psionic classes. According to Severlin it was more a matter of 'when' and not 'if' for psionics, and they'd probably add two classes at once and make a huge update around it (possibly an expansion). They just need to find a unique way to implement psionics so that it's not just a copy/past of spellcasters. My biggest hope is the next expansion will be about psionics and they add the kalasthar race along with the psion and psychic warrior classes.

I wasn't too excited or alchemist, but I like new things, and I find alchemist at least interesting. I think there were other classes that would have added something better/different to DDO (like hexblade or shaman) instead of artificer 2.0, but the class has grown on me since we have some details on it. My main character is parked at cap, now, doing reaper and such until alchemist comes out so he can TR and get completionist back then toy around with it.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    They've yet to add psionic classes. According to Severlin it was more a matter of 'when' and not 'if' for psionics, and they'd probably add two classes at once and make a huge update around it (possibly an expansion). They just need to find a unique way to implement psionics so that it's not just a copy/past of spellcasters. My biggest hope is the next expansion will be about psionics and they add the kalasthar race along with the psion and psychic warrior classes.

I wasn't too excited or alchemist, but I like new things, and I find alchemist at least interesting. I think there were other classes that would have added something better/different to DDO (like hexblade or shaman) instead of artificer 2.0, but the class has grown on me since we have some details on it. My main character is parked at cap, now, doing reaper and such until alchemist comes out so he can TR and get completionist back then toy around with it.
    I forgot about the psionic classes, but I guess that the psion would be one class that I wouldn't mind seeing. If they do an expansion around psionics and kalashtar my personal hope would be to get new religions for divine classes (Path of Inspiration and Path of Light), but that's offtopic.

Community Member

We already have psionics...its called every spellcasting class that uses SP instead of casts-per-rest

I think it'd probably end up being more like Warlock than Sorcerer though - a melee class with inherent Force damage on hit and cost-free Force SLA-type attacks/abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    We already have psionics...its called every spellcasting class that uses SP instead of casts-per-rest

I think it'd probably end up being more like Warlock than Sorcerer though - a melee class with inherent Force damage on hit and cost-free Force SLA-type attacks/abilities.
    That sounds more like a Psychic Warrior than a Psion. I have several ideas in my head that I'd love to see be implemented with Psions, basically on how power points are gained/used. I might write them down and put them in the suggestions forum at some point.

Back on topic: anyone know what the accelerate metamagic does that the devs are making? Increase projectile speed of spells?

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I have a similar feeling ...

But I'd better follow the rule of "good things need time to become good" than having bugs with it ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234