Community Member

Default Build Request: Heroic Reaper Hardcore Tank

Hey guys so I was thinking about trying to tank my way to the reaper reward on the Hardcore server.

I have a sorc I’m running for the favor reward and most likely the first to 20. What I am looking for is a tank build for running reaper 1-2 in heroics TR’ing and going again until I hit the cosmetic rewards. I had a Con Barb that was doing just fine without any defensiveness besides stacking the temp HP. That is until I got held/incapped and panic clicked my temp hp til I died. So I know stacking HP is a great way to stay alive on the server. I don’t know much about the current Tank meta other than a few posts I’ve seen about some crazy splash builds being the best on regular servers with multiple PL’s.

I am wanting to make a pure tank to quickly bounce from dungeons/parties 0-20 on reaper taking the fear of dyeing away from members as much as possible. I will be trying to level as fast as they come with the intent on TR’ing and doing it again. I will not be stopping at any level save for farming those “better” heroic gear pieces. Does anyone have a strong recommended build for heroic lvl tanking. Probably something completely front loaded for very early tankiness. I have access to everything but bladeforged and asimar Scourge. I will not be using tomes in any capacity unless I happened to hit the cheap favor one while leveling but not likely.

TY in advance.

Edit: Dwarf racial enhancements, things like throw your weight around, are looking interesting. I'm curious if natural progression to that specific enhancement first would make for a pretty hardy tank or would I be sacrificing too much tankiness from other enhancement lines/races? Tanking is the absolute priority for this project, that damage from Con would be cool and all if it fits the bill but I would like to be as unkilable as possible as early as possible.
    Last edited by ClutchMethod; 08-25-2019 at 02:46 PM.

2. 08-25-2019, 03:56 PM

WF barb?

Racial immunities, no exhaustion, big con pool for blood sacrifice, fort and PA racial enhancements etc

Edit - Are just wanting a damage soaker? Aasimir FVS? FvS/Monk w/qstaff in water stance would give some fantastic saves + DC + dodge + AC, & a pile of hp with stout of heart.
    Last edited by voxson5; 08-25-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post

Are just wanting a damage soaker? Aasimir FVS? FvS/Monk w/qstaff in water stance would give some fantastic saves + DC + dodge + AC, & a pile of hp with stout of heart.
    I am, looking to take as much damage from enemies and off of party members as possible through mitigation or purely taking the hits, being able to keep agro would be a big plus as well.
    Again the emphasis is also on becoming tanking as early as possible.
    Last edited by ClutchMethod; 08-25-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchMethod View Post
    I am, looking to take as much damage from enemies and off of party members as possible through mitigation or purely taking the hits, being able to keep agro would be a big plus as well.
    Again the emphasis is also on becoming tanking as early as possible.
    I'ld recomend looking into a CHA & CON based 17 FvS/3 Pally heavy armour shield and intimidate, probably Dragonborn?

I'm sure there is a build around here somewhere

Or Arti 16/3/1, 14/5/1, or cleric 15/4/1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    I'ld recomend looking into a CHA & CON based 17 FvS/3 Pally heavy armour shield and intimidate, probably Dragonborn?

I'm sure there is a build around here somewhere

Or Arti 16/3/1, 14/5/1, or cleric 15/4/1
    I've been searching for a good first lifer build but not finding anything substantial. Was hoping someone with good build knowledge could throw together something for me that makes sense.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Reaper+tank

I’ve seen stuff like this that requires a jillion past lives and +8 tomes but for a true first lifer I cannot find anything close to what I’m intending to accomplish.
    Last edited by ClutchMethod; 08-25-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Community Member

So I just now realized, while browsing the wiki during the downtime, that I goofed and chose PDK as my race completely messing up my plan to TR at 20.

I chose PDK thinking that if I just went max con and cha to start that the cormyr training would allow me to be a little more solo-capable. It worked out ok running a Vorpal Bastard sword but the dps was subpar so I reincarnated.
    rerolled the stats to pick up dodge, mobility, combat expertise. The build is at a good defensive point currently but UMD is a bit behind and self heals are lacking. Not a huge issue for my intended play style with this build and as expected on a first life Tanker such as mine.

Do Iconics still need to hit 30 on the hardcore server to reincarnate?
    Last edited by ClutchMethod; 08-28-2019 at 09:04 AM.