Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default SteelStar's U42.4 Bugfix Roundup

Hey, everyone! I've been posting a lot in various threads about bugs we've fixed internally regarding some of the systems changes in U42.4. I thought a thread collecting those might be in order, so people can see what's already been fixed internally (and post things we haven't spotted yet).

Please note that this isn't a 100% comprehensive list of upcoming fixes, just things that I'm personally working on. This OP may be updated as other things get added.

These things have been fixed internally, and are slated for an upcoming patch (aka not live yet):

• Shadowdancer: Meld Into Darkness now once again properly describes its duration in its 2nd and 3rd rank tooltips
    • Draconic Incarnation: Embolden now works on Energy Burst and Dragon Breath
    • Draconic Incarnation: Dragon Breath now takes Evocation bonuses properly (Conjuration, in the case of Acid)
    • Draconic Incarnation: Draconic Fury can now be used while moving
    • Draconic Incarnation: Go Out with A Bang, Energy Burst, and Energy Vortex now list their spell schools' (Evocation/Conjuration) bonuses in their tooltips
    • Grandmaster of Flowers: Running with the Wind now grants the listed amount of Doublestrike
    • Grandmaster of Flowers: Flower's Thorn now hits things properly
    • Primal Avatar: Many Primal Avatar skills that had stopped working while Twisted now work again.
    • Shiradi: Hunt's End now tells its proper cooldown in its description
    • Shiradi: Hunt's End is no longer referred to by the wrong name in its effect tooltips
    • Shiradi: Hunt's End's effects now use the correct icons
    • Shiradi: Hunt's End no longer shares a cooldown with Audience with the Queen
    • Shiradi: Favorable Winds 2 (Core 5) now properly grants attack and damage with Ranged weapons. (The first four Cores are already granting their bonus properly, though it may not display properly on the character sheet).
    • Shiradi: Stay Frosty now scales properly with Spell Power. (Stay Good was reported as well, but already seems to be scaling properly)
    • Exalted Angel: Renewal now properly heals on the first tick (when cast)
    • Legendary Dreadnought: Unusual Tactics now has the expected name (replacing its old "Tactical Genius" name)
    • Fury of the Wild: Added extra tooltip text to clarify Two Weapon Fighting Style to Boulder's Might
    • Fury of the Wild: Unbridled Fury no longer erroneously uses a charge counter
    • Unyielding Sentinel: Undying Vanguard's tooltip has been updated to clarify that it can now be used while Crowd Controlled or Helpless
    • Unyielding Sentinel: Ward Against Evil Rank 3's tooltip has been updated to reflect that it grants you immunity to the Mind Control effects of Evil creatures.
    • Unyielding Sentinel: Draw them Out no longer requires a hard target
    • Magister: The following skills no longer stop movement: All of the Sigils, Arcane Tempest, Arcane Spellsurge, Nullmagic Aura
    • Divine Crusader: Smite the Wicked's tooltip has been updated to match its current functionality.
    • Fatesinger: Corrected a mention of "Bardic Aria" to "Bardic Ballad" in Fatesinger's Repertoire
    • Fatesinger: Added DC and Spell Power scaling information to the tooltips of Dirge
    • Fatesinger: Added DC information to the tooltip of Bound Fate
    • Fatesinger: Added clarifying language to the tooltip of Siren's Song to mention that the damage occurs even if the Mesmerize doesn't
    • Fatesinger: Fixed the tooltip on Aria to say the proper spell threat reduction numbers (20/40/60%)
    • Fatesinger: Reign no longer erroneously uses Bard Song charges to activate

• Dragonborn Race Tree: Embolden now works on Dragon Breath

• Circle of Death's tooltip now includes information about how many targets it can hit
    • Undeath to Death's tooltip now includes information about how many targets it can hit

• All positive healing enhancements, a bunch more positive healing Feats, and some more positive healing Spells should now properly be able to target and affect Pale Master players in Shrouds.
      • (This includes, but isn't limited to, the following ones people have asked about specifically):
      • Healing Ki
      • Regenerate
      • Mass Regenerate
      • Lay on Hands
      • Healing Hands

If you've got other bugs related to the Destiny changes, new EPLs, or other (non-XP) systems changes in U42.4, let me know below.
    Last edited by Steelstar; 08-15-2019 at 03:20 PM. Reason: draconic evo/conj bonuses
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Default Here's a few more to help out :)

Thanks for all the updates!

Here's a couple more that could be added to your list (previously posted elsewhere, but happy to post here to make things easy):

-Fatesinger: the release notes say "Aria: no longer requires Bard Songs to activate". I just tested it and it is using song charges. It would be great if this could be fixed, so that this ability can be used as a twist by other casting classes (that do not have songs), for its spellpower.

-Dodge cap: Would it be possible to add the following text from the release notes to the window that appears when you hover over your AC on the character sheet, perhaps near the line where Dodge numbers are displayed: "Dodge as a stat now has an absolute cap of 95% across all difficulties."

Thanks for all the hard work on this patch, love the changes and all the improvements, great work!!!!

PSSSST

Renewal is in Unyielding Sentinel, not Exalted Angel.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    • All positive healing enhancements should now properly be able to target and affect Pale Master players in Shrouds.
    I just want to double-check. Does this mean Regenerate/Mass Regenerate will work on PMs? I tried Mass Regenerate on one yesterday and it said they were immune.

Thank you for all your hard work Steelstar. Pull out a Lynnabel's Bug Killer and terminate them!
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Default Bound Fate/Grim Fate

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but Bound Fate/Grim Fate is not applying vulnerability to some bosses.

It did NOT work on Queen Lailat in Zawabi's Revenge or the Mounds in Old Baba's Hut.

It did work on bosses in other raids (Legendary Tempest, Legendary Hound, Killing Time, Shroud book, Mark of Death Abbot, Fire on Thunder Peak).
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Community Member

Post Bonus feats I shouldn't have and other goodies

First off, thanks for creating this Thread Steelstar!

- Created a lvl 1 ranger prior to the U42.4 patch. After the patch, I noticed he has the Improved Critical-Bludgeoning feat applied, even though there is no way I'll have the +8 BAB needed to activate it and I definitely didn't select it during character creation.

- Lvl 1 Hireling Virgil Anvilhands spawns without a weapon in his hands. He does eventually bring it out.

- All dwarf Hires seem to 'hop' instead of Run

- None of the Heroic Bard hirelings use the new bard systems, and don't impart the bardic ballad buffs on their parties

- Using the 'Trip' action on hirelings that have it as an action causes hires to stop doing anything. They'll just sit there and let themselves get beaten to death unless you change modes/give a different order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlanon View Post
    - Lvl 1 Hireling Virgil Anvilhands spawns without a weapon in his hands. He does eventually bring it out.
    Didn't you read his name? His hands ARE the weapon.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Cool

Didn't you read his name? His hands ARE the weapon.
    Oh I know! I was disappointed when we whipped out the Maul. Was looking forward to watching him punch his way through misery's peak. That's why I'm listing it as a bug.

(Bonus points though if you can give him actual anvils as fists - think ACME anvils a la Bugs Bunny.)

Community Member

Default Another one

Exalted Angel: The text on live says "Avenging light: ...light damage per caster level (based on character level)."
    This is somewhat confusing. Hoping it is based on character level, for more damage It would be great if the text could specify one option only.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalibano View Post
    Exalted Angel: The text on live says "Avenging light: ...light damage per caster level (based on character level)."
    This is somewhat confusing. Hoping it is based on character level, for more damage It would be great if the text could specify one option only.
    It's an accurate statement. Most spells deal damage per caster level, where the caster level is based on the number of class levels you have in the spellcasting class. In this case, your caster level is based on your character level.

Community Member

It's an accurate statement. Most spells deal damage per caster level, where the caster level is based on the number of class levels you have in the spellcasting class. In this case, your caster level is based on your character level.
    Oh I see, thank you for the explanation and clarification I still get the level 30 CL I was hoping for, so all looks great hehe

Community Member

peng's bug roundup:
    Quote Originally Posted by peng View Post
    Not sure what it was doing before the update, but wholeness of spirit is healing for 10 hp per character level (up to 300) before heal amp. It isn't modified by anything other than heal amp or char level. No spellpower, or melee/ranged power. For a 2 minute cooldown emergency heal, it's a little underwhelming. I'd recommend having it scale with *at least* the higher of ranged/melee power, if not twice that.
    • death aura and greater death (and presumably lesser death aura) aura tick every 3 seconds instead of 2
    • death aura and greater death scale with half caster level instead of full
    • death aura and greater death cap at level 20 instead of uncapped
    • (not a bug afaik) greater death aura is about 3-10 times as expensive as it should be
    • negative energy burst scales with half caster level and uses old damage dice
    • negative energy burst can't be used in public areas
    • negative energy burst won't work if you have a target that's blocked
    • negative energy burst uses up spell absorption charges
    • reanimate ally is permanent
    • necrotic bolt and blast deal a fraction of their intended damage
    • undead shrouds have to be reapplied on login
    • vampire form ascendant shroud doesn't provide +1 ench dc
    • vampire form ascendant shroud doesn't seem to paralyze on hit
    • skelly summon has longer cooldown than listed in release notes, and can't be resummoned after death until you rest
    Not exactly the same issue, but on the topic of misbehaving metamagics: burst of glacial wrath and greater shout don't allow for embolden or intensify. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other similar spells (if needed, I can check all sorc/Wiz spells except for rend the soul for embolden. Same for most bard spells).

Also wail of the banshee allows heighten (does nothing, costs no sp), meteor swarm allows enlarge (does nothing, costs sp). Meteor swarm launches only 3 projectiles if it has quicken set to always on and the global quicken toggle is off.
    edit: but wait, there's more!

• pale master necro bolt and blast have regular spell range, but don't accept enlarge as a possible metamagic
    • pale master greater death aura and necro bolt and blast don't show their DC
    Last edited by peng; 08-15-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Community Member

Default Here's another one :)

Hi Steel,

Found this too:

- Draconic Incarnation: the release notes say "Go Out with A Bang, Energy Burst, and Energy Vortex now use their spell schools' (Evocation/Conjuration) bonuses as part of their DC calculation". The formula of each of these abilities in their tooltips are not listing evocation/conjuration bonuses in the text of the formula. This could just be a 'fix the text' issue: I haven't had the chance yet to test if it is adding the evocation/conjuration bonuses to the DCs, though, so it could be that it is not working.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Thank you for all your hard work Steelstar. Pull out a Lynnabel's Bug Killer and terminate them!

Nice work SS & SSG. This IS one of the best updates we've had. (I even renewed my sub because of it)

As for the bug killer Aelonwy, I made this years ago, and it still works well.

Community Member

4 piece shattered device is not proccing the prr debuff like its supposed to.

Shiradi: Stay Frosty now scales properly with Spell Power. (Stay Good was reported as well, but already seems to be scaling properly)
    The passive grant from Stay Frosty on your buff bar says it gives +3 spot and listen, however the tooltip for the ability itself says it gives +6 spot and listen.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Systems Designer

• death aura and greater death (and presumably lesser death aura) aura tick every 3 seconds instead of 2
    Ugh, these spells have had incorrect timing spelled out in their tooltips for a decade. Aura Control (which is the global script that handles all of the tick-over-time AoEs such as the Repair Aura) has its timer build in, and it's always ever been 3 seconds ever since it was first implemented. I'm going to adjust the tooltips to reflect this.

I've just fixed the Master Vampire Form's Enchantment Spell Bonus, should be in for an upcoming patch. I'm going to take a look at the on-hit Dominate next. Thanks for the feedback!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Default Warlock Fiend: Chains

Another one to add to the list. just now I am running through thorn n paw. I cast Binding Chain on a dire bear, who is not a champ or red named, just a regular plain mob; and it gives the sound confirmation like it *hits them* like chains sound effect, all us casters know it. After this, nothing happens, no chains wrap around them and they move at normal speed. Now im not sure in the past if chains ever worked on them to begin with, but holds do so it wouldn't make any sense that chains do not; so either way it would be bugged in the fact that if I just failed the DC it shouldn't give the sound effect like it did hit anyways. regardless its a bug in some sort of way either that they should work and are not working. or that the sound effect is going off when it actually fails.
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Alumut of Argonnessen

Community Member

What about Balanced attacks?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast