Default Maul Barb worth revisiting???

Fury of the Wild:
    Fury made Placid is reduced to a 2% chance on no save. Healing scales with Melee Power. Gain +10% Doublestrike and +20 PRR and MRR while in this state.
    Unbridled Fury no longer requires charging. (Keeps its 5 minute cooldown).
    You can now use Unbridled Fury while under Antimagic.
    Fury Made Placid and Fury Eternal now cost 1AP each.
    NEW: T1: (Multiselector with Boulder Toss): Boulder's Might: Requires being in Two-Handed Fighting style to use (i.e. no Natural Fighting). 5[w] attack, 6 second cooldown. Rank 2 and 3 add +1 and +2 Critical Multiplier on that attack. (3 Ranks, 1AP Each).
    NEW: T5: Devastating Blow (+1 Critical Multiplier on 19-20 with Melee weapons) (1 Rank, 2AP).
    NEW: T5: Strong Swings: +10 Melee Power. While fighting in Two Handed Fighting style, this is instead +25. (1 Rank, 2AP).
    NEW: T6: Bloodbath: This doubles your Vorpal Threat Range while you are Two Handed Fighting.

With the new changes to FOTW, I am thinking that a maulbarian would be a great thing to try out again. 13 Cleric 7 Barbarian, PDK for Silvanus and reap souls accordingly.

What thoughts does the hivemind have?????
    Proud member of the ArchAngels guild, Thelanis.
    Policegirl Killz, Porklord Meatfield, Pilfering Pirate.

Maul barb was fairly solid even before these changes.

My barbarian is 12/7/1 barb/cleric/fighter PDK with a maul.

He will definitely be trying out Fury again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ifumoveudie View Post
    I am thinking that a maulbarian would be a great thing to try out again. 13 Cleric 7 Barbarian, PDK for Silvanus and reap souls accordingly.
    Why not go Cleric 14/Barb 6? You get +1 BAB for both Barb 7 and Cleric 14, and better advancement for saves from Cleric at that level. So I'm not sure what Barb 7 gives you, but Cleric 14 is when you get the last tier of your domain feats. For instance, Feral Charge from the Animal Domain is quite nice, or if Strength Domain you're effectively immune to stuns.
    "The imagination is not … the faculty for forming images of reality; it is the faculty for forming images which go beyond reality..." - Gaston Bachelard