Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Crystal Cove is back!

Crystal Cove has returned! Euphonia's Challenge will be available through August 18th.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Default Lag

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Crystal Cove has returned! Euphonia's Challenge will be available through August 18th.

The lag has returned with crystal cove too. Cant get through a quest with this event going on.

Community Member

Will it be available on the hardcore server for the first couple of days?

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Let me just repeat my plea for adding the Sentient Jewel of the Kobold to Crystal Cove

What would it take? Why cant it be on the list?

Its only offered once a year, and its one of the older and more annoying events to grind. The Kobold Jewel is not nearly special enough to warrant being exclusive to that event or that grindwall, nor is it the only item of value for the Anniversary Event. Sentient Jewels themselves arent that rare, you can grind one out with every Ravenloft Saga reward, its mostly a cosmetic reward - but the Kobold one is more fun

Just throw it on the loot table for like 2000 Green Dragonshards. If not this week, then when it comes back next month?

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Thank you!

Community Member

You have no active attacks at all? Not even Shoot First/Later?

Community Member

And is the mithral property of Cavalry Plate finally back too ?
    So it's back to medium armor with it's ASF reduction ?

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Let me just repeat my plea for adding the Sentient Jewel of the Kobold to Crystal Cove

What would it take? Why cant it be on the list?

Its only offered once a year, and its one of the older and more annoying events to grind. The Kobold Jewel is not nearly special enough to warrant being exclusive to that event or that grindwall, nor is it the only item of value for the Anniversary Event. Sentient Jewels themselves arent that rare, you can grind one out with every Ravenloft Saga reward, its mostly a cosmetic reward - but the Kobold one is more fun

Just throw it on the loot table for like 2000 Green Dragonshards. If not this week, then when it comes back next month?
    Sentient Jewel of the Pirate Mate
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Touriste View Post
    And is the mithral property of Cavalry Plate finally back too ?
    So it's back to medium armor with it's ASF reduction ?

The before & after versions don't even warrant a 1st life toon consideration, It's pre-MotU gear

I'd like to see this changed like they did with Revels, so that only your party is in the hunting grounds. It's super annoying when you're in a fight, and either some random comes along and steals your kill (and your prize), or more so when all of a sudden you're doing no damage because a high epic has wandered over to your lvl 6 self. Next thing you know, Boom ! you're dead. My absolute favourite though is getting killed by the mob near the pub, because a lvl 30 is afk at the edge of the ship.

Right now, for example, my boyfriend is running around in there with his lvl 10, and a random lvl 28 has been on his six for the past 5 mins now. He can't shake the guy. Update : Bf died (obviously) and the random just killed all the trash and ran away leaving him there dead. Not a 'sorry' or a rez.

About an hour ago, I Finally got a red-named after being in there since the start, and some guy runs up and takes the kill from me. I get everyone needs gems for gear, but come on. The spawn rate of the red-names sucks btw.

I will say though that many players are kind enough to throw out heals n buffs as they pass, and a couple players like myself will not steal kills unless the person looks to be in trouble. Even then, I tend to wack until near death, and allow them their kill shot.

I love this game, and I love CC. I look forward to it and wish it was there all the time. But it sucks sometimes too

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

So ... I just came back i time from my vacation to get it !
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    I'd like to see this changed like they did with Revels, so that only your party is in the hunting grounds. It's super annoying when you're in a fight, and either some random comes along and steals your kill (and your prize), or more so when all of a sudden you're doing no damage because a high epic has wandered over to your lvl 6 self. Next thing you know, Boom ! you're dead. My absolute favourite though is getting killed by the mob near the pub, because a lvl 30 is afk at the edge of the ship.
    Personally I think they ruined Night Revels when they turned it into just another quest. I get it, many don't see the fun if XP isn't part of the bargain or don't play well with others so you don't want to be near them. Myself, I enjoy the running around and killing stuff, I'm not there to farm anything, just enjoy myself.

Yes once in awhile I have a kill stolen from me, but honestly if you let stuff like that upset you, you're probably not having fun anyway. As for higher spawns showing up; none of the MOB's on the island (or Night Revels prior to the change) have aggro turned on. Those lvl 30 MOB's by the pub, just walk right by them, if you don't attack them, they won't attack you. A group of 5 lvl 30 players were AFK on one of the islands spawning high level MOB's left and right, I just walked right through them. As for having one enter your fight area and accidentally attacking it? Yea that happens, happened to me just yesterday.

Right now, for example, my boyfriend is running around in there with his lvl 10, and a random lvl 28 has been on his six for the past 5 mins now. He can't shake the guy. Update : Bf died (obviously) and the random just killed all the trash and ran away leaving him there dead. Not a 'sorry' or a rez.
    Cases like that either change your instance, go stand in the pub for a bit or better yet log out, wait a bit and log back in. The lvl 28 only thinks it's fun because your BF was doing what he wanted him to do. IF you don't play his game, he'll get bored and go elsewhere.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

I wanted to upgrade my old Bucaneer's Ring - but the new item description of the "freshened up item" says nothing of the swim skill.
    Therefore I did not do it.
    I really wanted to keep my swim bonus.

Is this a bug, or is the swim skill really missing there ?

"Underwater Action" is still there, but the swim skill is completely missing. Instead, there's "Protection" on it.
    Therefore the Wiki should be updated, if this remains true, as well.

Duelist's Leathers have a similar problem. One thing is missing, but there's a new one instead. "Accuracy", in fact. Wiki should be updated then in this case as well.

But I won't trade in my old Duelist's Leathers anyway, because so many years ago I used an "appearance kit" on it, and I fear that this will be gone after a trade-in.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I wanted to upgrade my old Bucaneer's Ring - Duelist's Leathers
    Have you looked in the chest that's in the corner of the Tavern behind all those barrels? It's labeled 'old items upgrades' or some such. It's filled with all the old event items no longer listed out on the boat.

Within Smuggler's Rest: you won't get killed by any mob that has spawned unless someone has purposely aggravated it, or damaged it (or the monster is about a body length or so from an "activate" hostile mob). They all start asleep, inactive, and "non hostile". They even "white dot" if you can run far enough away and have accidently aggravated one.

My absolute favourite though is getting killed by the mob near the pub, because a lvl 30 is afk at the edge of the ship.
    If you are foolhardly enough to attack a Drow or Kobold? That has spawned within six-feet of an Ogre Warlock you will most probably aggravate the Warlock.

I suggest you perhaps choose a place farther away from Rook's Gambit if you'd prefer to have more spawns with an appropriate CR: to your Characters. The small boats at the waterline (in front of Rook's Gambit) are about the furthest point where anybody on the Ship that could induction spawns. More than likely in most cases its people entering and leaving the Tavern or passing through that are causing most spawns around there.

Right now, for example, my boyfriend is running around in there with his lvl 10, and a random lvl 28 has been on his six for the past 5 mins now. He can't shake the guy.
    The Level 28 Character wouldn't really benefit much from killing Drow (or Hobgoblins) it's inefficient. I don't know why they'd be following you around for several minutes? It's also likely the Level 28; was just not very thoughtful, slightly antisocial, with the brain capacity of a Squirrel. ;-)

I've seen it in the past; sometimes you'll come across a lousy Epic Level player, etc. That bites off more than they can chew, proceeding to run off like a headless chicken. I simply just 1-hit everything (except bosses) out there, so I don't create any hostile trash. Neither do I allow my combat to create crossfire.

Like I mentioned within the thread: Crystal Cove Etiquette, [Post #5]. I will actually communicate with people in Smuggler's Rest rather than just blindly assuming things. I will also use "Raise Dead" on any player, I see as a Ghost that I come across.

About an hour ago, I Finally got a red-named after being in there since the start, and some guy runs up and takes the kill from me. I get everyone needs gems for gear, but come on. The spawn rate of the red-names sucks btw.
    You get very little from killing the rare Rednames in Smuggler's; I think that last 'Stolen gem' I got today (from a rare kill) was a single Stolen Emerald, I wouldn't worry. You'd have to be desperate; if you were in need of a single Stolen Emerald. ;-)

The rare red names used to give better gem rewards but they basically killed that off a few years ago. Unfortunately you had someone "kill-steal", but their gem reward would be close to vendor trash. :-/

Within Smuggler's Rest basically you have to create positivity and actually be social and be respectful of other players. Very rarely you'll find a mindless player, but they can exist.

Today, I had several people repeatedly buff my Character even though I didn't particularly need any buffs on my Level 21 Assassin. As she basically "1-hits" anything she spawns they don't get time to move or react. :D

Even if things were to go south; massive spawn, fighting toe-to-toe. It only takes me at most two of three swings to slay an already active Half-Orc Cannoneer (CR:23), with my low-level heroic weapons.

Also I had a few random people at a much lower level; chatting with me in General Chat, and they were enjoying my company even though I wasn't in their Party. They were especially amused when I was playing with the Half-Orcs via Shadow Manipulation, and using various silly emotes such as /dance and /kiss a few seconds before the 'manipulated' monster: expired.

So basically, try to stay positive and friendly in there and you'll usually get better responses from fellow players and a very pleasant experience. Smuggler's Rest would be completely and utterly ruined if it took the isolated instanced-path of: The Night Revels graveyard.

Regarding acquiring the old Cove loot refer to: https://ddowiki.com/page/Dusty_Old_T...f_Crystal_Cove

Cordovan; in future for Crystal Cove, I'd like there to be an option of getting cosmetics from the Cove turn-ins, e.g. Pirate Hats or Pirate themed Costumes, or maybe Creature companions: Kobolds with peg-legs, Dirty-talking Parrots, or a Wraith with blade lodged in its back. Though that latter won't happen, it would also possibly conflict with DDO Store sales, so it's just a pipe dream, still I can dream.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 08-15-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: I got my maps all backwards. And my instincts poisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Cordovan; in future for Crystal Cove, I'd like there to be an option of getting cosmetics from the Cove turn-ins, e.g. Pirate Hats or Pirate themed Costumes, or maybe Creature companions: Kobolds with peg-legs, Dirty-talking Parrots, or a Wraith with blade lodged in its back. Though that latter won't happen, it would also possibly conflict with DDO Store sales, so it's just a pipe dream, still I can dream.
    Kind of an add on for Cordovan: Are you still sending out the invite letters when the Cove kicks off? I've an alt on my main server that never got one, My main guy did when they first came out, but not the alt later when I created her.

My other server alts haven't progressed far enough to see if any of them get invites.
    Last edited by Nebless; 08-15-2019 at 08:56 PM.

How do I tell died Kobold Workers that they should use the resurrection shrine ?
    Or do I have to have a Cleric with a resurrection spell for that ?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Kind of an add on for Cordovan: Are you still sending out the invite letters when the Cove kicks off? I've an alt on my main server that never got one, My main guy did, but not the alt.

My other server alts haven't progressed far enough to see if any of them get invites.
    Interesting, I didn't think they were still being sent out.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    How do I tell died Kobold Workers that they should use the resurrection shrine ?
    Or do I have to have a Cleric with a resurrection spell for that ?
    Neither.

They count as -1 less against the max you can hire, so you can talk to the foreman and hire/res a replacement.

(But a res'd/replaced kobold still counts as "kobold died" to prevent a perfect run)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast