Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Looking for mx DPS bow using archer

Pure or multiclass dosnt mater. Appreciate any ideas. Im looking for a toon max dps high end game.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansToupee View Post
    Pure or multiclass dosnt mater. Appreciate any ideas. Im looking for a toon max dps high end game.
    if u mean within bow builds the max dps one, then well idk which one that is currently...

if u mean amongst various builds a high dps one that uses bow, does not exist.

go for wis/enchant gear/para arrows CC build or go do repeater or gxbow or inqui. whatever else you do, it is better than bow. well, maybe throwing axe build is worse, idk ...

Lookin at bows the wrong way then. They aren't for sustained damage but burst damage. Pair adrenalines with slayer arrows and Unbridled fury with manyshot + Slayer arrow/merciful shot/final strike/sniper shot/pin/ and if you want to go all the way somethin like shattermantle shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

Mmmmm
    Halfing

6 ranger 10 monk 4 rogue for uncanny dodge

Wisdom based

Or 6 13 1 fighter for speed

Ed: shiradi (in new update)
    ???
    Last edited by Alled78; 08-09-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    guild: not Flagged ( ex guardiani di eberron, ex gods, ex kvp)

Community Member

I run my character (Kaluen on Orien) as a pure ranged bow user from 20-30, 15-30, and occasionally 1-20 all the time. Sometimes I stay at cap for a while and do some end game raiding. With the new ED changes I have a lot of testing to do with different destinies and twists but if you give me a week or two to test out some different new things I can put up a post on good builds.

Currently I'm a pure level 20 dex based wood elf ranger. This gives you a lot of great options as it allows you to get a tremendous amount of double shot while giving you a ton of survivability and self healing. At 30 my double shot is over 100 without using any filagrees or the new ED changes. So you are shooting quite a few arrows. You're never going to keep up with an uber build that can one shot everything but in a group you will not be a disappointing member. If you want what build I would recommend before the ED changes I can give you some ideas, but I really think that a lot has changed for bow users with the ED pass and I will actually take some time to post a fun, survivable, decent dps build once I have some testing.

Past level 30 pure ranger accomplishments involve soloing Demon Queen, Fall of Truth, ToD, Chronoscope.

Ranged characters are at a disadvantage DPS wise if you stick to a bow, and they are heavily gear and skill dependent. But I mean, they're so fun.

Elf
    6 Ranger
    14 Monk (that order)

Pros:
    10k and MS allow you to cycle your burst DPS
    Very nice saves

Dis:
    Very late bloomer
    Tome heavy (if you go Wisdom based)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

Community Member

Default I've been mulling this over too...

I have a lvl30, drow, dex-based (Wis not abandoned though) pure ranger with T4 and Core5 in AA and T5 and Capstone in Deepwood that I'm quite happy with (for a bow user, of course!) but have been mulling over wis-based since Falconry came out...

Now the build is only 'great' with burst dmg of course but it is reasonably well rounded and very straight-forward to build and use (you do need to have some decent gear though) so, if you're starting out as a longbow user, I would recommend it.
    For Epics, I will agree with whoever it was that said that ED's for bow users need some extensive testing after the pass but, for reference, I'm currently using adrenaline.

If we want to go more 'experimental' (here I'm asking for feedback too!) then this is what I'm currently working on :
    Cleric 9 / Monk 6 / Ranger 4 Wis-based Aasimar.
    Luck or, probably, Animal Domain.
    All main ranged feats except Mobility and Shot on the Run plus Emp Heal, SF:Enchant, Monk Forms and Mass Frog.
    AP spend : T4+Core2 AA and DWS, Divine Form and all Cores Aasimar, T3 and Core2 Falconry plus Smite Foe from Warpriest.

I did a Clonkcher several years ago and, while sub-par, was great fun and great support character; since the Aasimar, Falconry, Domains, Ranger re-vamp and now ED revamp have happened so who knows how it will do (since it's a similar themed build to my old one)!

Compared to my current build, the pluses should be :
    - to maintain a similar number of active clicky attacks,
    - increase burst dmg up-time (10k Stars),
    - improve CC (Wis and monk stances) and heals (aasimar+cleric)
    - become more self-sufficient / better support (more buffs and heals)

which I think are all covered but I still have the following problems :
    - Cloth armor
    - Evasion (have it, but will it work?)
    - loss of Ranged Power and Doubleshot from cores and T5's

Anyone have any idea how much this balances out?!

On other notes for the OP, I can envision it worth mulling over FVS (pure elven or some split) and/or Eldritch Knight.
    My 2 cp's on the matter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ned_ellis View Post
    I have a lvl30, drow, dex-based (Wis not abandoned though) pure ranger with T4 and Core5 in AA and T5 and Capstone in Deepwood that I'm quite happy with (for a bow user, of course!) but have been mulling over wis-based since Falconry came out...

Now the build is only 'great' with burst dmg of course but it is reasonably well rounded and very straight-forward to build and use (you do need to have some decent gear though) so, if you're starting out as a longbow user, I would recommend it.
    For Epics, I will agree with whoever it was that said that ED's for bow users need some extensive testing after the pass but, for reference, I'm currently using adrenaline.

If we want to go more 'experimental' (here I'm asking for feedback too!) then this is what I'm currently working on :
    Cleric 9 / Monk 6 / Ranger 4 Wis-based Aasimar.
    Luck or, probably, Animal Domain.
    All main ranged feats except Mobility and Shot on the Run plus Emp Heal, SF:Enchant, Monk Forms and Mass Frog.
    AP spend : T4+Core2 AA and DWS, Divine Form and all Cores Aasimar, T3 and Core2 Falconry plus Smite Foe from Warpriest.

I did a Clonkcher several years ago and, while sub-par, was great fun and great support character; since the Aasimar, Falconry, Domains, Ranger re-vamp and now ED revamp have happened so who knows how it will do (since it's a similar themed build to my old one)!

Compared to my current build, the pluses should be :
    - to maintain a similar number of active clicky attacks,
    - increase burst dmg up-time (10k Stars),
    - improve CC (Wis and monk stances) and heals (aasimar+cleric)
    - become more self-sufficient / better support (more buffs and heals)

which I think are all covered but I still have the following problems :
    - Cloth armor
    - Evasion (have it, but will it work?)
    - loss of Ranged Power and Doubleshot from cores and T5's

Anyone have any idea how much this balances out?!

On other notes for the OP, I can envision it worth mulling over FVS (pure elven or some split) and/or Eldritch Knight.
    My 2 cp's on the matter
    Ranger 6 monk 6 is a must in my opinion for called shot and 10k stars
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)

Community Member

I just posted my pure ranged ranger build in the forums. Rich's Ranged Ranger. It has pretty high DPS. Yesterday running Wheloon at lvl 26 on reaper 2, I had the most kills in the group which included someone who had 61 reaper points playing one of the high DPS crossbow builds. You can definitely do some decent dps, but you also need a lot of practice on lining up shots and when to use your cool downs.

Pure ranger, human for the extra feats. Unless there is something in a racial tree you must have, that two points extra you might get don't mean much at the end. I don't actually worry about the DPS in and of itself. Use the falcon tree for instant kills. Max WIS. Put extra points into the AA tree and focus on a single element. (Acid seems to have fewer immune creatures.) I'm back to running Shiradi as a destiny now as Hunt's End gives a nice big hit every thirty seconds. I recommend falconry only with a bow. Tried it on my mechanic with great crossbow and it just didn't feel right.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Ranger 6 monk 6 is a must in my opinion for called shot and 10k stars
    Thanks for your reply Alled! With your split we get :
    Add :
    - one feat (manyshot is now free so probably Mobility?)
    - Core 3 sniper shot clicky (can find 1 ap somewhere)
    - +1 fort and will save and bab
    - +1 lvl1 ranger spell
    Lose :
    - 3 lvl5 cleric spells
    - domain ability (-15% fort bypass or Displacement sla)

Worth it?
    By not reaching lvl 9 Cleric, we could possibly consider adding even further levels of monk or ranger but healing will take a hefty hit (depending on how many we remove)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ned_ellis View Post
    Thanks for your reply Alled! With your split we get :
    Add :
    - one feat (manyshot is now free so probably Mobility?)
    - Core 3 sniper shot clicky (can find 1 ap somewhere)
    - +1 fort and will save and bab
    - +1 lvl1 ranger spell
    Lose :
    - 3 lvl5 cleric spells
    - domain ability (-15% fort bypass or Displacement sla)

Worth it?
    By not reaching lvl 9 Cleric, we could possibly consider adding even further levels of monk or ranger but healing will take a hefty hit (depending on how many we remove)
    I think cleric is not usefull here unless u take at least 11 lvl to get heal spell
    6 ranger 13 monk 1 fighter think is best atm

U can go support build 18 cleric 2 monk elf race but is far less dps more heal
    In game in Cannith as