Thread: Barbarian DPS

Default Barbarian DPS

I'm currently running a 16/2 Barb Rogue. I've played Melee for years, but this is my first barb in several years.

I'm running in Frenzied Bersker with Exhausting Blow among others.
    Also Running in Ravager with Cruel cut, Slaugther among others.

Recently I have had occasions when hitting enemies that my DPS mysteriously doubles (And these are NOT helpless enemies). I seem to notice it when I chain together Slaughter, Cruel cut and Exhausting blow (although it might just be a coinsidence and may have nothing to do with it). My DPS will remain at this doubled level until the mob is dead (Almost as if they are getting reduced PRR and adding Vulnerability...even though I have no sources for such procs).

I'm wearing the Heroic Family Recruit set and an assortment of other underwhelming items. My weapon is the Sword of Shadows...although I have also noticed it from my LIT2 Falchion.

Is there something I'm missing here? I would love to figure out how this is happening so I can replicate it.
    Last edited by Loromir; 07-25-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member

Exhausting Blow does Strength and Dexterity Damage.

Cruel Cut does Constitution damage and adds 5 melee power.

If you happen to be using Laughter with Slaughter, it will add +3 to +6 damage and possibly 10 more melee power.

What is likely happening is occasionally the ability damage will render your enemy helpless and in addition to that you have short term buffs of +6 damage and +15 melee power. All together this will look like double damage until you kill the mob.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Exhausting Blow does Strength and Dexterity Damage.

Cruel Cut does Constitution damage and adds 5 melee power.

If you happen to be using Laughter with Slaughter, it will add +3 to +6 damage and possibly 10 more melee power.

What is likely happening is occasionally the ability damage will render your enemy helpless and in addition to that you have short term buffs of +6 damage and +15 melee power. All together this will look like double damage until you kill the mob.
    I thought Helpless might be the answer...but the mobs are still hitting me even when I see this double DPS.

Community Member

I haven't tested it, but according to the wiki, only Constitution damage will "stun" an enemy. But reducing any ability to 0 should make it helpless.

It could be like when your Charisma is reduced to 0, you can still run around. So perhaps you are reducing the mob's STR or DEX to 0 causing them to take extra damage, but even though they are 'helpless' they can still fight back because the condition that rendered them helpless didn't also stun or otherwise immobilize them like most causes of helpless do (hold monster, stun, etc).

Might not be WAI, but that's my best guess as to what's happening.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 07-25-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Solo/duo raids and solo R10s. Come see what a bard can do.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7...2ixwFkkmzBAvQw

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    I haven't tested it, but according to the wiki, only Constitution damage will "stun" an enemy. But reducing any ability to 0 should make it helpless.

It could be like when your Charisma is reduced to 0, you can still run around. So perhaps you are reducing the mob's STR or DEX to 0 causing them to take extra damage, but even though they are 'helpless' they can still fight back because the condition that rendered them helpless didn't also stun or otherwise immobilize them like most causes of helpless do (hold monster, stun, etc).

Might not be WAI, but that's my best guess as to what's happening.
    Sounds good. I did notice it happened mainly on Golems...I wonder if they have low Dexterity and it got reduced to zero quickly?