Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It appears the numbers to the left on the tree image and the numbers on the bottom refer to APs spent to open that level.
    If so, are those numbers correct? It would seem opening tier 5 would require 40 APs to open. Shouldn't that be 30? And the last number under the cores is 41. Shouldn't that be 40?
    Sarlona Server - Augon, Vitrin, Allaric, Taheghi, Dhakenshaup, Diviciacus, Loukus, Mehujael, Phreddd, Talaun, Zhugeliangg

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

The mistakes of a fighter are the scars on his face.
    The mistakes of a rogue are still locked in their place.
    The mistakes of a mage were destroyed with a boom.
    And the mistakes of a Cleric are lying in a tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    They completely removed all penalties to being a PM

No extra light dmg and positive healing guess easier to code then a purple bar

Why play a robot now
    Maybe you missed it but it seems to me they reduced the undead penalties to half healing from positive and only double damage from light regardless of shroud chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    [*]Core 2: Pale Shroud: Multiselector: All forms grant 100% critical hit resistance and allow you to be healed by Negative Energy. You take 50% healing from Positive, and double damage from Light. You are considered undead.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Augon View Post
    It appears the numbers to the left on the tree image and the numbers on the bottom refer to APs spent to open that level.
    If so, are those numbers correct? It would seem opening tier 5 would require 40 APs to open. Shouldn't that be 30? And the last number under the cores is 41. Shouldn't that be 40?
    Correct on both counts. We mocked the tree up on an ancient template that had incorrect numbers, sorry about that. Opening numbers will be exactly what they are on every other tree.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Maybe your right the one thing i read said no extra light damage and any healing from positive at all is a huge boost

Undead shock you take no extra light damage
    Damonz Cannith

Systems Designer

Correct on both counts. We mocked the tree up on an ancient template that had incorrect numbers, sorry about that. Opening numbers will be exactly what they are on every other tree.
    For the record the templating was my fault, sorry Steel :P
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

So when will wizards(pale masters) get evards? Because they are pale masters, as per dark discorp reasoning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Same day fvs get sun burst and earth quakes
    Damonz Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    For the record the templating was my fault, sorry Steel :P
    No problem, folks. I just wanted to make sure. I assumed it was a typo, but you never know.

Now, my only questions is: When will this be on live? I've got three PMs that are ready for these changes.
    Sarlona Server - Augon, Vitrin, Allaric, Taheghi, Dhakenshaup, Diviciacus, Loukus, Mehujael, Phreddd, Talaun, Zhugeliangg

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

The mistakes of a fighter are the scars on his face.
    The mistakes of a rogue are still locked in their place.
    The mistakes of a mage were destroyed with a boom.
    And the mistakes of a Cleric are lying in a tomb.

Community Member

This might be a stupid question but will the skeleton knight still get better with higher wizard levels or can we have a good pet for 6 levels of wizard?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

First read thru feedback:

Enabling pale masters to have any sort of positive spell power healing is a huge quality of life for party members upgrade.
    Even today when facing a dungeon w/o healers, my pally asked, "how many of you wizards are pale masters?"
    The 50% penalty is good and can be overcome by overpower healing tactics.

So many times in the past, targeting wizard with cocoon/heal/renewal/cure ___ and seeing zero results, thank you.
    So many times watching the entire party in good health save that pale master that sinks to 20% then dies, thank you.

Could you please remove/modify the feat Improved Fortification from the game.

Suggestion rewrite to become:

Improved Fortification
    Usage: Passive
    Prerequisite: Warforged, Base Attack Bonus of +6.
    Description
    Improves your warforged fortification, granting you immunity to sneak attacks and extra damage from critical hits.
    Notes
    This Feat increases a Warforged characters natural Fortification by another 75%

I think that paying a feat to gain +75% in a world where my toons often have well over 200% at end game still leaves this feat a poor choice even after you remove the ridiculous healing immunity.

Moving onward, I like the skeleton bonuses also granting player bonuses.
    This makes it worthwhile regardless of actually skeleton game play.

I definitely like the reworking of the pale shrouds well done there.

I like the change from the SLAs costing health to costing spell points this will be very helpful in the long run.
    Although healing immunity and sla costing health might have been thematic this is much better for players.
    (I remember the days when we put up with the washing machine sounds and getting deathwarded was the kiss of death (thank you for quality of life changes even back then).
    It makes sense that a player undead might be a still somewhat humaniodish regardless of undead forms.

I do worry that the ghostly effect will not stack with items providing the same, but you have probably already thought of thus.

Thumbs up for creating a new high level arcane spell, it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

All in all, I like the overall effect of the changes and hope they are balanced nicely-please adjust numbers as game testing indicates is needed.

Need to know

Do pms take 200 percent light damage from shrouds or is it nullified by the core 3 for 0 extra light damage
    Damonz Cannith

Angry

TIER 5:
    • Animate Ally: 18 second cooldown. Target no longer takes damage over time. Zombie Form is removed on Rest or Death.

How we gona troll AFK people now?
    [<O>] Orien: Set(-TCompletionist-)

Systems Designer

Need to know

Do pms take 200 percent light damage from shrouds or is it nullified by the core 3 for 0 extra light damage
    Core 2: Pale Shroud: Multiselector: All forms grant 100% critical hit resistance and allow you to be healed by Negative Energy. You take 50% healing from Positive, and double damage from Light. You are considered undead.
    :)

Core 3 says you take no extra light damage no idea what a smiley face means word the things betterCore 3: Multiselector: Improved Shrouding: Pick one of the following abilities that applies while in a Pale Shroud: (Passive: While in a Shroud, you can breathe underwater. +1 Spell Penetration.)

Deathly Tough: 15 Maximum Hit Points
    Deathly Resistance: 15 Magical Resistance Rating, +2 to all Saves
    Inflict Weariness: Your attacks inflict 2-9 points of Negative Energy damage to a living target. This scales with 100% Spell Power. Your Vorpal Melee Hits cause Energy Drain, inflicting 1 Negative Level on victims.
    Haunting in the Dark: +2 Assassinate DCs.
    Ghost in the Wind: +15% Incorporeal Miss Chance. (If you are in Wraith Form, this increases your total to 25%).
    Deathly Power: +10 to Negative Energy Spellpower.
    +2 Necromancy DC
    +2 Enchantment DC
    Undead Chill: +15% bonus to Cold Absorption. You no longer take extra damage from Light.
    Undead Shock: +15% bonus to Electric Absorption. You no longer take extra damage from Light.
    Unhallowed Touch: You gain Ghost Touch on all attacks, +5 Hide and Move Silently

bottom undead chill and shock both say no EXTRA LIGHT DAMAGE
    Last edited by mr420247; 07-16-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

Systems Designer

bottom undead chill and shock both say no EXTRA LIGHT DAMAGE
    Correct. Being Undead as a default means you take extra (double - 200%) light damage, and these abilities remove that penalty. You will instead take 100% light damage, just like everyone else.

All in all I like the direction and will be honest that at any point I generally only used 2 of the 4 shrouds anyway at any given time.

That being said...

1. I'm not totally sold on 50% because of the amount of negative energy healing sources/power so may need to review the numbers a bit more, but these are shrouds not total transformations so I do see this as a "positive" pun intended.

2. I'm not seeing any comment about the current incapacitated state where PM's drop to 0 and then die instead of getting a bleed out roll. The reason this was implemented (a poor implementation in my opinion) was because parties could not "heal" an incap PM. Since you are implementing positive energy healing to PMs will this die on incapacitated now be removed? Will PMs now be able to bleed out? or will they be treated as having a form of diehard?

3. Thank you for allowing metas on the negative energy attacks, but would it be a problem to decouple the touch requirement from the bolt & blast?

Community Member

Given the prevalence of Undead in the game (& how often PM's spells are not useful relative to other damage types), we feel this positioning is appropriate.
    Fair enough, I went to check if construct trait was blocking the SLAs -- seems like some do, some dont, for example the Cannith hounds in the C-explorer didnt block them, Golems did, Shield guardians in sharn (deadlines) are immune, factory workers are not immune, but the drones are.

Community Member

Now if only the Sharn caster set had negative enchantments......
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

Awesome thats what i thought u removed all pm penalties

All hail the cold fist of the pm
    Damonz Cannith

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Now if only the Sharn caster set had negative enchantments......
    You're going to like the U43 loot >:)

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast