Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
Liches are powerful wizards because they don't age and are extremely hard to kill. They become powerful through their research not because they are liches. Being a lich doesn't make you a more powerful caster (though it does make you harder to kill which I guess indirectly makes you more powerful), it's just the lich form is one of the best for a wizard. The lich's form is resilient and resistant and immune to all kinds of things. This isn't even going into the phylactery.

At any rate we agree that a lich should be more powerful than a wraith. So give the lich more something. I also think giving more DC is a bad idea, but there are good ideas in this thread. The self resurrection is a good one. More caster levels and max caster levels also fits. Some kind of paralyzing attack that can actually work well in the highest difficulties. Etc.
Only a powerful wizard will be able to complete the casting required to become a lich and create the phylactery. Wizards don’t just forest gump into becoming a lich. That is why they should have some sort of increased caster ability. I don’t think it should be dcs necessarily but absolutely something more than minimal spellpower and insignificant MR.

Change palemaster to be romanced and make their form permanent. Make the avatar look like the lich king with no Egyptian drab