Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

"Necrotic Touch: 6/4/2 SP, 12/8/4 seconds. Accepts Metamagics. Scales with full Spell Power. For 12 seconds after casting this, your Skeletal Knight reduces its incoming damage by 50%."

This is a fantastic step for pets in the game, love it.

Active abilities for pets to get big number offence or defence is awesome, please keep more coming even if they are not 100% uptime and need to burst, for example:

Necrotic Blast: 20/15/10 SP, 18/12/6 seconds. Accepts Metamagics, on cast your skelly knight's next attack also deals 1d6/caster level neg damage. Both scale with full Spell Power.
    $GME YOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    No, they are not.
    OMG. Thank you.

Community Member

Default Scion of the Shadowfell

Excelent revamp!

Could Scion of Shadowfell 1d6 negative heal scales with negative spell power? (wiki says not, but it might be not updated)
    It would fit Darkhallow's 4 set filigree (1d6 negative heal, scaling) and would be a nice addition to shroud of vampire theme.

Another would cool option would be turn the 1d6 negative heal from Scion of Shadowfell a 2d20 weapon attack (that stack with spell power, but does not heal) and would also fit Inflict Wearines idea.

By the way does shroud of vampire negative heal scales with spell power? I assume not

Thanks

Tangentially related, but I've noticed issues being unable to cast my Favored Soul: Beacon of Hope capstone Resurrection spells on actually dead wizards who are utilizing undead forms.

Since you're all fresh out of the fire of the Pale Master frying pan I figured I'd throw that out there. I can still resurrect them via scrolls and the actual spells but the SLA gives me trouble. I'll do some more testing later today since I'm sure I can find a way to let the wizards die for science, it's what they would've wanted after all.
    If given the choice to trust either actual data or what the forums are saying, I will choose the actual data every single time.

Community Member

Since again you're doing arcane changes do you folks think maybe we could get Spell Pen listed somewhere on the Character sheet that reflected what a user has equipped, set bonuses etc. I know a lot folks who are tired of calculating this when doing gear calculus on their casters especially given how gear is these days. Having to stop in combat and search a log before it scrolls away or catch the little value on the game dice as its rolled for is annoying.

I've asked this before and not heard anything about it but since you folks are in the guts of casters.... though I would mention this one after all we are all stat nerds at heart so... lets throw yet one more thing.

Thanks
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Doesnt have the math there but yeah could use a bit of help, much like warchanter DC's calculation, add wizard level in it so it looks like "20+full (or half) of your wizard level+ INT mod + Enchantment spell bonuses"
    This is the same DC calculation as Arcane Archer's Para-Arrows. The same DC calculation that a Mass Hold would get, with an extra +1 DC tacked on.
    Warchanters start off at 14 + half Bard (so, max 24) + equipment/enhancement bonuses.

We are past the point that this feed back will mater, but as a Pale Master pebble in the river...………..

It is like calling night, day allowing positive healing affects do anything but damage undead.

To prevent trolling, I understand that undead can ignore positive healing......no "shots now hurt other players"

I've been a Pale Master for however long they have been out. This change is mind numbing. Rather die then have a ranger cast a cure mod wounds on me and have it be effective. This is as silly as our plat system. No, just no. Just no.

I'm actually pretty disappointed in the player base that there has been virtually no push back on this from current Pale Masters. We shouldn't want this, ugh.
    Last edited by Varr; 07-16-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

There are gigantic chunks of U43 you all have not even seen yet. It's going to blow you away.
    0o0o0o0o0o0

Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    We are past the point that this feed back will mater, but as a Pale Master pebble in the river...………..

I'm actually pretty disappointed in the player base that there has been virtually no push back on this from current Pale Masters. We shouldn't want this, ugh.
    My first thought was Meh, I never use the skelly warrior. I use those points somewhere else. As for the half healing from positive, not impressed. When I read from one of the dev's further up that at lv 20 in Lich form you will be at the same place DC wise with the new build I thought to myself whats the point, if your going to revamp something lets make it rock. If your going to revamp, lets go big. Let me Become a lich or a wraith...

Anyway to old to care much any more, having fun on my monk at the moment. Nexus is in limbo on a warlock life so im in no hurry.

FYI: Not trying to be a hater. Glad your all keeping the lights on. -Doom
    Last edited by die; 07-16-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post

It is like calling night, day allowing positive healing affects do anything but damage undead.

To prevent trolling, I understand that undead can ignore positive healing......no "shots now hurt other players"

I've been a Pale Master for however long they have been out. This change is mind numbing. Rather die then have a ranger cast a cure mod wounds on me and have it be effective. This is as silly as our plat system. No, just no. Just no.

I agree. I prefer for them to leave that alone. As you say, it is unlikely to be changed at this point, so i just let it be. But since its been brought up, I'll chime in on this topic.

I understand that a lot of folks are just running their wiz life, want self healing, but really get frustrated by the neg healing limits. But others of us are fine with working through these limitations and actually see that as a dynamic part of playing a Pale Master.

Perhaps a compromise would be in order:

• One option would be to simply make it an expensive enhancement - something like 3 ranks x 2 AP/rank for 10%/25%/50% pos healing.
    • A second option is make it be a choice between Positive healing and negative healing amp. Perhaps replace "Negative Healing Adept" with a option between something like "10%/25%/50% pos healing" and "15/30/45 Negative healing Amp" (I'm thinking it deserves a bit of a boost since it is a trade-off option. )

The second one would be similar to the Warforged enhancement, "Repair Systems"
    Sarlona Server - Augon, Vitrin, Allaric, Taheghi, Dhakenshaup, Diviciacus, Loukus, Mehujael, Phreddd, Talaun, Zhugeliangg

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

The mistakes of a fighter are the scars on his face.
    The mistakes of a rogue are still locked in their place.
    The mistakes of a mage were destroyed with a boom.
    And the mistakes of a Cleric are lying in a tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by lain5246 View Post
    yea but zombie is also 20% slower to atk than other forms.
    Yeah, I was going to point that out. That means no Zombie form for any of my melees. But that's just me. I'm an attack speed junkie.

I'm sure some other folks won't mind that trade-off, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post

• Shroud of the Vampire: While in this form, +2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom. +3 Perform skill, and your melee and unarmed attacks have a chance to heal you for 1d3 Negative Energy damage per Wizard Level.
      • Shroud of the Wraith: While in this form, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence. Enemy attacks have a 10% chance to miss you due to incorporeality, +1 Sneak Attack Dice, and you gain Feather Falling.
    Looks good! Two questions:

What's the Shroud of the Vampire form's chance of being healed when making a melee or unarmed attack?

Does the wraith's incorporeality stack with items that grant incorporeality (i.e., ghostly effect)?

(Also, does incorporeality stack or work alongside blur or displacement?)

None of this is necessary truthfully. Maybe the slas getting g some love. Honestly some of the nastiest players that dominate r10 end game are pale masters. If your a melee player your there just for law champs reapers and bosses. This plus the +1 dc in cores of magistar all unnecessary. Your just making it so that even the weak players will now be jumping in and instakillin r10 not just the end gamers that have put alot of work in. +50% positive healing in undead form makes no sense thematically or in game. A good pale master never gets touched anyway to need healing. Waste of time here
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Question: is the -50% healing from positive spells a flat penalty or is it just -50% healing amplification? If it's just -50% amplification then it would be absurdly easy to overcome that penalty to the point where you might as well not even have the penalty to begin with. Healing amp is very easy to come by, nowadays.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Archarias, Guild Leader of Britches & Hosen
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Hero

There are gigantic chunks of U43 you all have not even seen yet. It's going to blow you away.
    Content-wise, isn't u43 just the raid? I understand that it's huge mechanically, with the ED changes and now PM ones, nut should we expect any gear which will be relevant to non-raiders?

No, they are not.

I hope archmage gets a similar upgrade. only pk illusion is viable compared to this due to a 3rd PK and that's debateable as the DC's from PM and self healing will make this vastly better than before. PM was already a DC or 2 better than archmage for necro. this takes it a step better by adding more.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kza View Post
    This is so awesome and good i had to read it twice. Awesome with 50% healage, just awesome!!!!!
    This 50% is SOOOOOOOO DISGUSTING. Numerous times players make suggestions and the response is: "That does not fit the FLAVOR" . 50% healing from positive energy tastes (flavor) like the ooze between an orcs toes
    IT MAKES NO SENSE

Undead are NOT healed by positive energy PERIOD. I get in its current state PM s are often excluded from epic reapers because of healing issues. This is just a dumb fix

So not to just complain and not give constructive feedback I have a suggestion:
    At first i was thinking more neg spell power that helps damage too much. If the intended goal of the DUMB idea of undead being healed by positive energy is to make PMs viable in epic reaper mode then this should fix it:

Core 1: passive +6 negative heal amp per core
    Core 5: passive +25 negative heal amp (31 total)
    Core 6: passive +75 negative heal amp (81 total)

Based on my calculations, that will be plenty of neg heal amp on reaper 1 to 2 or maybe 3, in epics with little neg heal amp on gear. Should get between 150-200 neg heal amp. Simple fix without a completely nonsensical fix

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestas View Post
    You lose 1 potential DC from being in Zombie form. At the payout of 20% HP. I can get behind some form of percentage-based hp for zombie. But 20% is just too much. Tanking isn't even part of the discussion at this point.
    As a primary form there is no way I would sacrifice my dc for a bit extra hp not even 20%
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

Really good to see palemaster get some love.

I was thinking, that being able to toggle the healing through negative energy would be nice. This way you could just fit in with the rest of the group and get full healing.

Being able to damage undead with negative energy sounds kind of wierd. Would make more sense to me, if controlling undead was the way PMs would go about fighting them.

It would be really cool, if we were able to summon more than 1 skeleton. That might even make them useful beyond being able to pull levers.

Quote Originally Posted by tsotate View Post
    Content-wise, isn't u43 just the raid?
    No. The new raid will be out in a week or two as an update to U42.

U43 probably won't be out until the Fall sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast