Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Inquisitive end game gear

How do you gear your inquisitives at cap?

Weapon: Morninglord's or Nightshade?
    I am using Nightshade because I pulled it and it's BtA, so if I slap some filigree into it, I can reuse the weapon for different characters.
    (LGS is out of reach for me)
    (I am not interested in swapping in Volley or stuff like that)

Obviously, Legendary Wallwatch set:

Head: Tendon Slice, Accuracy, Reflex, Doubleshot
    Glove: Lesser Displace, Dodge, NA, Diversion
    Armor: Fort, PRR, Heal amp, False life
    (Raid hat is out of reach for me)

Then I thought it would be a good idea to fit in 5 piece Adherents, so I am using

Trinket (R): Holy Burst, TS, Con 20, Improved Deception
    Cloak: 19 + 4 INT, Wizardry, (Evo Focus)
    Belt: Vistani: Vitality, Deadly
    Rune Arm: Immunity to Fear, Fire resist 76, Tira's Splendor
    Ring: Nightfall: 9 INT, Insightful Deadly, (Reflex), (PRR)
    Bracers: 9 CON, 12 qPRR, (19 str), (Stunning)

Wrapping this up, aka random collection of gear that has some useful attributes:
    Neck: Sigil: MRR, Prot, Spell saves, Parrying
    Boots: Knife Toed: Armor-Piercing, Quality Seeker
    Epic Ring of the Stalker: Deception+Insightful, Ghostly, Manslayer, Seeker <= this is a surprisingly good fit, if only there was an endgame version of it.
    Goggle: ARTIFACT ir'Kesslan: Dex 22, (Dodge 22), (Parry), Neg.Abs (kinda free slot)

Also, I don't have a the blunted ammunition quiver, so I should get to work on that.

Also, what filigrees should I use? I don't have full sentient jewels, what would be the priorities?

Help.
    Last edited by cru121; 06-23-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    How do you gear your inquisitives at cap?

Weapon: Morninglord's or Nightshade?
    I am using Nightshade because I pulled it and it's BtA, so if I slap some filigree into it, I can reuse the weapon for different characters.
    (LGS is out of reach for me)
    (I am not interested in swapping in Volley or stuff like that)

Obviously, Legendary Wallwatch set:

Head: Tendon Slice, Accuracy, Reflex, Doubleshot
    Glove: Lesser Displace, Dodge, NA, Diversion
    Armor: Fort, PRR, Heal amp, False life
    (Raid hat is out of reach for me)

Then I thought it would be a good idea to fit in 5 piece Adherents, so I am using

Trinket (R): Holy Burst, TS, Con 20, Improved Deception
    Cloak: 19 + 4 INT, Wizardry, (Evo Focus)
    Belt: Vistani: Vitality, Deadly
    Rune Arm: Immunity to Fear, Fire resist 76, Tira's Splendor
    Ring: Nightfall: 9 INT, Insightful Deadly, (Reflex), (PRR)
    Bracers: 9 CON, 12 qPRR, (19 str), (Stunning)

Wrapping this up, aka random collection of gear that has some useful attributes:
    Neck: Sigil: MRR, Prot, Spell saves, Parrying
    Boots: Knife Toed: Armor-Piercing, Quality Seeker
    Epic Ring of the Stalker: Deception+Insightful, Ghostly, Manslayer, Seeker <= this is a surprisingly good fit, if only there was an endgame version of it.
    Goggle: ARTIFACT ir'Kesslan: Dex 22, (Dodge 22), (Parry), Neg.Abs (kinda free slot)

Also, I don't have a the blunted ammunition quiver, so I should get to work on that.

Also, what filigrees should I use? I don't have full sentient jewels, what would be the priorities? I also have syranian weapon for

Help.
    My gear setup is similar. However I wear the ID ring from Sharn out of Blown Deadlines, I think it is Leg Celestial Sapphire. I also dropped the raven loft 5pc at this point and have 2 crafted SLavelords + trinket I wear. But most ppl will never farm enough legendary I GE for that and I do not blame them because it’s just quite worth it anymore. I also switched out other ring for the artifact one and goggles for leg precision lenses mainly for 3 more ABs. I also swapped belt to Leg Silver DS and cloak tin leg Shadowhull. Dragonscale

Some of the things on my wish list are:

Helm of the Final Watcher Raif helm then i will switch to leg Shadow Footsteps
    Cracked Core raid necklace
    Silver Dragonscale capelet raid cloak
    Hallowed Splinters raid Hxbow

Community Member

Oh forgot to mention filagrees.

This is wht I am planning with a total of 11 pcs

Through the Mists 5pc
    Crackshot 3pc
    Long Shadow 3pc

Community Member

thanks.
    forgot about those goggles, definitely grabbing those for now.

alternatively, considering swapping bracer and goggle:
    * Move Insightful Con to Collective Sight, lose +12 quality PRR, gain +4 quality saves
    * Go with Brand of Kalok Shash artifact (fire absorption, quality attack/damage).

Community Member

I've got a mists and non-mists setup.

The basics that are in both are: wallwatch set, family recruit sigil, celestial sapphire ring (con stat), nightshade.

With mists I'm running:

nightfall ring (ins int and ins deadly), phase cloak (int/Qint), suppressive fire, softsole (ghostly), vistani belt (vit) ---> give mists set

artifact bracers (Q deadly/acc), Slaverlord trinket (seeker, sheltering, Qcon), Prescision lens (manslayer, 3 action boosts)

My next build is a cleric inquis so I'm going non-mist setup with a bigger focus on healing: Give up some damage for better saves/healing/hp.

ring Wis artifact (Qdeadly/acc), Myst cloak (hamp) (can swap champions for parry10 or shadowhail for ghostly and add another slaver in boot), castigators (ins shelter, devo), Collective sight (int/ins int), silverthread belt (devotion), softsole (ghostly), slaver trinket (planar compass here is also a ghostly option, I stuck with softsole since I had the slaver trinket), dumpster fire (shield ac)/suppress (silver).

In the op I see the ravenkind trinket, good option, I just dont have it.
    Last edited by Cantor; 08-02-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Community Member

Since this is about end game gear, part of that is filigree. I just got to 10 filigree and working on 11.

What are the setups people are running?

Through the mists 5pc: +50rp looks nice for burst but 15 sec/120 makes it pretty limited. That's an average of 6.25 (+5 from RP filigree +10 set) for 21.25 average. plus 1 dmg, 5 bypass

Shattered device 4 pc: prr debuff looks nice, with 5 rp, 3 DS, 3 dmg, 5 bypass.

Reverb: is an option for 2pc damage proc, but there are better 3 pc

Crackshot 3pc: 15 RP with 5RP, 1 dmg *4pc option for 5DS

long shadow 3pc: 5rp, proc. with 1int, 1dmg, 5rp

deadly rain 2: 5rp. plus 5rp, 1dmg
    deadly rain 5:adds over 2 pc: 2 dmg, 2 seeker, 20RP while AB (all the time on this build)

That's where I'm starting from anything I overlooked? how does an 11 pc fit? I'm leaning toward a 3 pc long shadow in the artifact hoping that prevents buggy set bonuses with weapon/artifact.

Obvious combos that I see:
    4 shattered and 4 crackshot
    or 5 deadly rain, 3 crackshot
    or 5 mist, 3 crackshot

If I don't go with Longshadow:
    2 reverb, 4 shatter, +a 5pc rain or mist.

Rain vs mist I see as just a choice of burst or sustain. Rain is more average. I really want that 4 pc shattered device though, that's big.
    Last edited by Cantor; 08-02-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Commenting so I can come back to this thread later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Since this is about end game gear, part of that is filigree. I just got to 10 filigree and working on 11.

What are the setups people are running?

Through the mists 5pc: +50rp looks nice for burst but 15 sec/120 makes it pretty limited. That's an average of 6.25 (+5 from RP filigree +10 set) for 21.25 average. plus 1 dmg, 5 bypass

Shattered device 4 pc: prr debuff looks nice, with 5 rp, 3 DS, 3 dmg, 5 bypass.

Reverb: is an option for 2pc damage proc, but there are better 3 pc

Crackshot 3pc: 15 RP with 5RP, 1 dmg *4pc option for 5DS

long shadow 3pc: 5rp, proc. with 1int, 1dmg, 5rp

deadly rain 2: 5rp. plus 5rp, 1dmg
    deadly rain 5:adds over 2 pc: 2 dmg, 2 seeker, 20RP while AB (all the time on this build)

That's where I'm starting from anything I overlooked? how does an 11 pc fit? I'm leaning toward a 3 pc long shadow in the artifact hoping that prevents buggy set bonuses with weapon/artifact.

Obvious combos that I see:
    4 shattered and 4 crackshot
    or 5 deadly rain, 3 crackshot
    or 5 mist, 3 crackshot

If I don't go with Longshadow:
    2 reverb, 4 shatter, +a 5pc rain or mist.

Rain vs mist I see as just a choice of burst or sustain. Rain is more average. I really want that 4 pc shattered device though, that's big.
    Since the introduction of THTH most are switching to Nystul 5pc for the raise of 40 MRR Cap and the single double raid fillagree that gives 10MRR by itself

The the raid fillagree spine of manticore/wreath of flame rare version gives 10RP on a single slot.

My new ideal setup:

Crackshot 3pc
    Spines 4pc with both rare version of RP. Gives a total of 25RP.
    Long Shadow 3pc
    Then add one random +5 rare RP into the mix

Although I am seriously considering another WF build and will definitely change up to the 4pc Shard of Mechanis set.
    This would leave 3pc crackshot and 4pc Spines.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    My new ideal setup:

Crackshot 3pc
    Long Shadow 3pc

Although I am seriously considering another WF build and will definitely change up to the 4pc Shard of Mechanis set.
    This would leave 3pc crackshot and 4pc Spines.
    4pc Crackshot 5% dshot > random 5 RP.

Shards of Mechanus 4pc was nerfed when it was fixed to work on ranged. It now only procs once a second, not once a hit.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Community Member

Crackshot 3pc
    Long Shadow 3pc
    might as well make your rando wreath of flame since you have the double up spines one anyway and get the 5% absorb too.

Oh forgot to mention filagrees.

This is wht I am planning with a total of 11 pcs

Through the Mists 5pc
    Crackshot 3pc
    Long Shadow 3pc

I like this combo

11 =
    (1)Spines of the Manticore/The Wreath of Flame +
    (2)Shattered Device +
    (2)Deadly Rain +
    (3)Crackshot Negotiator +
    (3)The Long Shadow
    = +55 Ranged Power, +7 Attack and Damage, +10 PRR, +15 Diplomacy, +1 Intelligence, +2 MRR, +14d6 Acid Dam
    It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.... Mark Twain.

Goggles: Collective sight:- +21 con +10 insightful int.
    Helm: Helm of final watcher (Raid) Wallwatch set
    Necklace: Cracked Core: (Raid)
    Trinket: Slave lords: Sheltering, armor piercing, Quality sheltering
    Back: Cloak of Balance: FoM, Insightful seeker 10, Parrying 10 (Feather Falling Aug)
    Ring: Sigil of Triumvirate: insightful deadly/accuracy, Extra filigrees
    Gloves: Wildwood gauntlets - Wallwatch set
    Boots: Spectre Boots: Seeker, Ghostly
    Ring: Celestial Sapphire ring: Dodge, Deception, Profane well rounded
    Wrists: Black Opal Bracers: MRR, Will saves, Heroism
    Armor: Wildwood vest: Wallwatch set

Weapon: Hallowed Splinters: Blunted Ammunition
    Quiver: Epic Dynamistic Quiver: Ranged power
    Icedtea - CashierTwo - Jolyrancher - Arrance - Antiquary - &4/5 more
    Proud member of The Dead Poets Society

tagging to revisit once I can look at my gear
    Neurik of Argo.

This is what I am doing for now, it is by no means fully optimized, but it works for the one level I have the stuff on before etring.

Goggle: Collective Sight-Int, insightful int, slotted with festive int
    Wildwood Vest
    Echo of Ravenkind: Eternal holy burst, true seeing, con, improved deception
    Bracers of the fallen hero: Ins Con, Qual Phys Sheltering
    Keylock Ring: I wanted a 5th mist item here and ring of nightfall literally did nothing for me with my other items so went full on trapping, swapping in ring of prowess would lose 5 piece mist set
    Flight Foot greaves: FOM and Mist
    Wildwood Gaunts
    Sigil of Triumverate: ins deadly, slotted with 3 piece crackshot: Ranged Power, Attack and Damage, Reflex
    Vistani Fighter Sash-Mist and Deadly
    Phasecloak- Mist and Qual int
    Family Recruit Sigil
    Wallwatch Circlet
    Leg Suppressive Fire-fear immunity, breakables, mist
    Purifying quiver-blunted ammo
    Nightshade Shooter: Deconstructor, 2 piece deadly rain (ranged power and attack and damage), 4 piece spines (attack and damage, ranged power, reflex, str (??)), 2 piece long shadow (ranged power, attack and damage)

This gives me both legendary wallwatch and adherent of the mist sets. If there is something glaring that makes sense to swap out, let me know.
    Neurik of Argo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    Wildwood Vest
    Keylock Ring: I wanted a 5th mist item here and ring of nightfall literally did nothing for me with my other items so went full on trapping, swapping in ring of prowess would lose 5 piece mist set
    Wildwood Gaunts
    Sigil of Triumverate: ins deadly, slotted with 3 piece crackshot: Ranged Power, Attack and Damage, Reflex
    Family Recruit Sigil
    Wallwatch Circlet
    Nightshade Shooter: Deconstructor, 2 piece deadly rain (ranged power and attack and damage), 4 piece spines (attack and damage, ranged power, reflex, str (??)), 2 piece long shadow (ranged power, attack and damage)
    6 mist items and no ghostly.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    6 mist items and no ghostly.
    Thanks, I usually take holy strike at some point before 29 so I do not worry about ghostly, I suppose this means ring of prowess in place of Keylock ring unless you have another swap suggestion?
    Neurik of Argo.

This is what I am doing for now, it is by no means fully optimized, but it works for the one level I have the stuff on before etring.

Wildwood Vest
    Wildwood Gaunts
    Family Recruit Sigil
    Wallwatch Circlet

This gives me both legendary wallwatch and adherent of the mist sets. If there is something glaring that makes sense to swap out, let me know.

Armor piercing is missing. I think people underestimate the usefulness of fort bypass. At end game, most of you dmg comes from crist. going from 50% fortbypass to 100% fort bypass doubles your crit damage on enemies... it's that important. Right now my crits hit for about 5k... that's 2.5k more damage than if I didn't have that fort bypass. You're also not hitting your MMR cap (if you care about that) and correct me if I'm wrong, but I see not dodge or blurry items.

Edit: don't try to force a set into your gear if it doesn't work. you're losing more than you're gaining with the adherent of the mists set. There's so many other items to give you more survivability/damage, and you have a few items that are only there because they give you the set bonus.
    Last edited by krolikru3; 12-19-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krolikru3 View Post
    Armor piercing is missing. I think people underestimate the usefulness of fort bypass. At end game, most of you dmg comes from crist. going from 50% fortbypass to 100% fort bypass doubles your crit damage on enemies... it's that important. Right now my crits hit for about 5k... that's 2.5k more damage than if I didn't have that fort bypass. You're also not hitting your MMR cap (if you care about that) and correct me if I'm wrong, but I see not dodge or blurry items.

Edit: don't try to force a set into your gear if it doesn't work. you're losing more than you're gaining with the adherent of the mists set. There's so many other items to give you more survivability/damage, and you have a few items that are only there because they give you the set bonus.
    There is armor piercing on Leg Family Recruit Sigil... https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legend..._Recruit_Sigil but you are absolutely correct, I am using some **** items for the profane bonus to RP from Adherents. Hitting my MRR cap would be nice but I am not sure it is worth giving up Adherents set bonus for it, given that I am in light armor and capped at 50 MRR. Thank you for the feedback, I do appreciate it.
    Neurik of Argo.

Hitting my MRR cap would be nice but I am not sure it is worth giving up Adherents set bonus for it, given that I am in light armor and capped at 50 MRR. Thank you for the feedback, I do appreciate it.
    This is incorrect, MMR cap for light armor is 100. And yes, just realized sigil has it. I just farmed it out for an alt. Outfits and robes have MMR cap of 50, but if you're going inquis you should get the Wildwood vest... it's the light armor version for the set

Quote Originally Posted by krolikru3 View Post
    This is incorrect, MMR cap for light armor is 100. And yes, just realized sigil has it. I just farmed it out for an alt. Outfits and robes have MMR cap of 50, but if you're going inquis you should get the Wildwood vest... it's the light armor version for the set
    So I ditched Mist set and in place used the following items:

Leg Spectre Boots: Ghostly/Seeker +21 ( I did not have any seeker items before)
    Black Opal Bracers: perma GH/MRR +50
    Leg Cloak of Balance: Qual Con, Parry, Ins Seeker, FOM
    Black Satin Waist: meh qual int +5

I ended up losing some RP, a little over 100 HP and some PRR but gained MRR, Saves, AC, seeker/ins seeker. I suppose I should farm another Collective Sight and put insightful con on it and then grab insightful int somewhere else but I am in no rush to do that. So far it feels a little stronger to me so thanks again for the tips. Standing unbuffed in reaper I am at 2055HP, 142 AC, 78 Fort, 106 Ref, 82 Will, 47 SR, 162 PRR (no blitz) and 82 MRR
    Neurik of Argo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast