Community Member

Default Shattered Device Filigree

What filagree sets are Max DPS people running in their Sharn artifacts, Shattered Device? Unfortunately I have no rare Shattered Device, but is +3 to hit and +3 damage better then another augment with 5 points of melee power?
    Last edited by Doomflayer; 06-18-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Community Member

Hey Doom
    For Shattered Device, If you take:
    1) +1 Att/Dmg
    2) +5MP(Rare) (You'll get it eventually)
    3) +5 Fort bypass
    Set1) +3 Att/Dmg
    Set2) +3 DblStr

Many are noting 2 other possible options:
    Treachery(+2 Dex, +10MP, SA)
    Or loading up 3 slots of misc +5MPs (15MP)

Ive done some flubber math and all of the stuff n' thangs that Shattered offers, outweighs 15MP significantly...Primarily due to the +4 to DMG & +3 DblStk
    And it would barely overcome the Treachery set. (No, I will not show my math)
    Remember, raw damage (Deadly, Enhancements, etc) is king over 3-5 points of MP.

If you're a STR Tempest, I would prob sub out the fort bypass for STR fili...so long as its doing work for you. i.e. providing another point of Att/Dmg for a total of +5 Att/Dmg...then it will be far superior to the other 2 options.

Hope that helps

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taxidiotis View Post
    Hey Doom
    For Shattered Device, If you take:
    1) +1 Att/Dmg
    2) +5MP(Rare) (You'll get it eventually)
    3) +5 Fort bypass
    Set1) +3 Att/Dmg
    Set2) +3 DblStr

Many are noting 2 other possible options:
    Treachery(+2 Dex, +10MP, SA)
    Or loading up 3 slots of misc +5MPs (15MP)

Ive done some flubber math and all of the stuff n' thangs that Shattered offers, outweighs 15MP significantly...Primarily due to the +4 to DMG & +3 DblStk
    And it would barely overcome the Treachery set. (No, I will not show my math)
    Remember, raw damage (Deadly, Enhancements, etc) is king over 3-5 points of MP.

If you're a STR Tempest, I would prob sub out the fort bypass for STR fili...so long as its doing work for you. i.e. providing another point of Att/Dmg for a total of +5 Att/Dmg...then it will be far superior to the other 2 options.

Hope that helps
    Just what I was thinking, lots of normal Filigree still and no rares, but maybe....and yes I went strength.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomflayer View Post
    Just what I was thinking, lots of normal Filigree still and no rares, but maybe....and yes I went strength.
    Boo STR

Seems a lot of tempests are going back to STR for Sharn. Its prob the smart move for the fire absorb bracers.
    Okay, guess I'll just stand here alone with my sexy and my dexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxidiotis View Post
    Boo STR

Seems a lot of tempests are going back to STR for Sharn. Its prob the smart move for the fire absorb bracers.
    Okay, guess I'll just stand here alone with my sexy and my dexy.
    I went back to strength for Raven Loft. Staying Strength is just a no brainer, though I was considering trying dex once considering the high reflex saves needed in Sharn.

Edit: Forgot to talk about the OP, lol.

For regular boss beater I was considering a 4 Shattered Device, +2 piece Reverberation (rare reflex and rare PRR) for the extra sonic damage, and 2 piece sanctified favor. 10 less PRR/MRR is a damage increase though, but does it stack with LGS? That's what I've got to figure out. I'm hate giving up my 2d6 SA damage from Sucker Punch and Treachery though. I've pulled plenty of rares, but they seem to drop more in elite vs. reaper. I still have 5 piece swaps for prowess and blood feast.
    Last edited by adrian69; 06-22-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: talk about the OP