Thread: Charm Construct

Community Member ThreadNecromancer's Avatar

Default Charm Construct

Disclaimer- I've only ever leveled Artificer to 10, on an alt that was intended as a bank toon, that has long since been deleted.

On that note... all you artificers out there... I leave this for you.

Charm Construct.

Discuss.
    Last edited by ThreadNecromancer; 06-12-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Failed to notice this is Lammania thread...

Community Member

No one wants to discus charms, because after a 90% reduction in time from epic ward, 90% reduction in time from high reaper, and a coming 99% additional reduction in damage in high reaper due to being nerfed instead of buffed by reaper, charming mobs will be at a total of 99.99% nerfage, or a 4 9's impurity reduction.

Since the gold standard for high purity gold is only 3 9's or .999 (Canadian Maple Leaf for example), SSG will have stamped out charms to a greater degree than well respected metal smiths stamp out impurities in gold.

Lower levels charms generally slow down the R1 zerg. Charms are mostly used by the small minority of midskull heroic players and high reaper small group cap players who are playing for challenge, when both would make more RXp anyways by playing in large groups at cap and R1 zerging otherwise.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-17-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    No one wants to discus charms, because after a 90% reduction in time from epic ward, 90% reduction in time from high reaper, and a coming 99% additional reduction in damage in high reaper due to being nerfed instead of buffed by reaper, charming mobs will be at a total of 99.99% nerfage, or a 4 9's impurity reduction.

Since the gold standard for high purity gold is only 3 9's or .999 (Canadian Maple Leaf for example), SSG will have stamped out charms to a greater degree than well respected metal smiths stamp out impurities in gold.

Lower levels charms generally slow down the R1 zerg. Charms are mostly used by the small minority of midskull heroic players and high reaper small group cap players who are playing for challenge, when both would make more RXp anyways by playing in large groups at cap and R1 zerging otherwise.
    This explanation sounds a) like DDO was a mathfest for university students of mathematics
    ( I have a light Dyscalculia, mind you ! - Does this mean I shhouldn't play DDO ?),
    b) as if people were expecting most players should / would play DDO exclusively under an utilitarian aspect / philosophy.

Story ? Immersion ? Role-playing ? Please, no !
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Meh.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecromancer View Post
    Charm Construct.

Discuss.
    Technically, wouldn't this be Reprogram Construct?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Charm Construct.
    No.

Remote Control.
    Maybe.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Default Wouldn't reassemble construct (or something of the sort) be more appropriate?

Please don't pull another PM.

Kind of irrelevant on the whole, I know.
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Anti-Construct spells are definitely something that would have application between Scarecrows, Iron Defenders, Warforged and Sharn. It would also be thematic for Artificer, certainly.

That said, charm is somewhat less useful than a AoE daze or stun (or, really, anything that causes helplessness).
    Last edited by Zezahk; 07-06-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Manager

Closing as /necro.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com