Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Lady In Black Theories

When we started running this we had good luck in finding the elusive "Lady In Black." Now? A solid streak of bad luck.

Our current (un)working theory is that she spawns only after a certain number of thugs are killed. Maybe only after you clear the alley with the collectibles?

Is it just time?

Maybe the text could be updated to say, "Now is the time to clear the neighborhoods and flush out the mysterious Lady in Black." Or, "Bide your time until the elusive Lady in Black shows her face." Or, some sort of hint as to what is going on?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    When we started running this we had good luck in finding the elusive "Lady In Black." Now? A solid streak of bad luck.

Our current (un)working theory is that she spawns only after a certain number of thugs are killed. Maybe only after you clear the alley with the collectibles?

Is it just time?

Maybe the text could be updated to say, "Now is the time to clear the neighborhoods and flush out the mysterious Lady in Black." Or, "Bide your time until the elusive Lady in Black shows her face." Or, some sort of hint as to what is going on?
    I'm not sure either. I just go down, kill, and continually hit the tab key until I activate her.

Community Member

Default Irony

Well, on our very next run we found part out something interesting. We popped in, killed the first couple wraiths, then headed towards the bar. As I went to start searching the DDoor popped up right next to me on the map... But no Lady Standing there. I could see the red square, but the lady was out eating donuts someplace!

My girlfriend sat and watch the door and I went and killed thugs. At the 8 minute mark she appeared. I had got the first notice "they did not see that coming" but not at the moment she appeared. I had not killed anything immediately before she appeared. Interestingly, the mysterious assassins also appeared as she did.

So... uhm... yeah. There's our detective skills hard at work.

Once she appears you can select her from the upper walkway. So kill a few groups of mobs, then go back up top to find her so you don't keep triggering more fights. I'm not sure exactly how many mobs (or what other condition) makes here appear yet, but it's not that many.

I haven't done House of Pain on high reaper yet, but I imagine the end fight is going to be pretty challenging so I'm not sure how much killing the exact minimum numbers of mobs to spawn her matters since you need to be able to handle a much harder fight than those spawns.
    Sabbathiel/Sabathal/Sabath-1

Sarlona

Community Member

I thought it had to do with the mysterious assassins since those show up in the end fight, but I'm not so sure this is true.

Maybe it's the beggar trigger, the collectibles, and the assassins.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I still don't own Sharn, but from your descriptions I have an idea who this could be ...
    (Trying not to spoil anyone ...)
    Read the novel "The Shardaxe" ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Default I found the Lady in Black, once...

Saturday night I was down town working for the F.B.I.
    Sitting in a nest of bad men whiskey bottles piling high.
    Boot legging boozer on the west side.
    Full of people who are doing wrong.
    Just about to call up the D.A. man.
    When I heard this woman singing a song.
    A pair of forty fives made me open my eyes, my temperature started to rise.
    She was a long cool woman in a black dress.
    Just a five nine Beautiful Tall.
    With just one look I was a bad mess, cause that long cool woman had it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I still don't own Sharn, but from your descriptions I have an idea who this could be ...
    (Trying not to spoil anyone ...)
    Read the novel "The Shardaxe" ...
    Dolores Abernathy?

Default No kills necessary

There's some gear I want in the quest, and I've been loot running it. I also like to sneak and have made some notes on this very subject.

The lady will DEFINITELY spawn with 0 kills. She will even spawn without the "kill the thugs" optional popping up from moving around the lower district.
    The only requirement is to advance the quest to "Find the lady in black". She spawns shortly thereafter. She isn't always targetable from above, but if you have a sneaker, s/he can find her, start the dialogue, and then everyone else can FF into her summoned doorway.

I should have screenshotted it, but I'm 100% positive she spawns with 0 kills and no other options triggered.
    Last edited by kamimitsu; 05-29-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Quote Originally Posted by kamimitsu View Post
    There's some gear I want in the quest, and I've been loot running it. I also like to sneak and have made some notes on this very subject.

The lady will DEFINITELY spawn with 0 kills. She will even spawn without the "kill the thugs" optional popping up from moving around the lower district.
    The only requirement is to advance the quest to "Find the lady in black". She spawns shortly thereafter. She isn't always targetable from above, but if you have a sneaker, s/he can find her, start the dialogue, and then everyone else can FF into her summoned doorway.

I should have screenshotted it, but I'm 100% positive she spawns with 0 kills and no other options triggered.
    This is 100% confirmed. Either way, you should not need to kill anything for her to pop up as she is a main objective, no reason that kill count or side objectives should matter.
    As for who the Lady in Black is... that's your mom in a black trenchcoat flashing people.
    You are the reason people add 'how-to' guides on Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelavas View Post
    This is 100% confirmed. Either way, you should not need to kill anything for her to pop up as she is a main objective, no reason that kill count or side objectives should matter.
    It shouldn't, but there are quests where kill count or side objectives do matter, like "Fresh Baked Dreams".

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    It shouldn't, but there are quests where kill count or side objectives do matter, like "Fresh Baked Dreams".
    I haven't had an issue with kill count in Fresh Baked Dreams or any of the sorts, but trying not to die when finding her because you want 0 kill count is different.
    You are the reason people add 'how-to' guides on Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelavas View Post
    As for who the Lady in Black is... that's your mom in a black trenchcoat flashing people.
    I 100% confirm this 100% confirmation that kills don't matter at all. I found her without killing anything down below.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    I 100% confirm this 100% confirmation that kills don't matter at all. I found her without killing anything down below.
    So it's a straight timer then? Someone earlier said they say the Ddoor pop and she came out of it? So maybe can just wait outside tavern for her to appear?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    So it's a straight timer then? Someone earlier said they say the Ddoor pop and she came out of it? So maybe can just wait outside tavern for her to appear?
    I still don't know what triggers her to appear in any given place, but it's definitely not tied to any kills. I'm pretty sure she showed up in a place I had already looked. She wasn't there the first time. This isn't the first time I think this has happened. I could be mistaken though. I am not 100% about it.

A timer is possible, yes.

Community Member

I still don't know what triggers her to appear in any given place, but it's definitely not tied to any kills. I'm pretty sure she showed up in a place I had already looked. She wasn't there the first time. This isn't the first time I think this has happened. I could be mistaken though. I am not 100% about it.

A timer is possible, yes.
    Waited last night for 20 minutes (one round of buffs - and cooking dinner) and no Lady. Dropped down to stir things up and within seconds she arrived. I guess we were in one of those spots where we couldn't see her until we got in the right spot.

Next run she showed up within a minute or two after the "Find the Lady in Black" objective popped up. One of us dropped down while the other did the talkin in the bar.

Sadly, the damnable RNG hates us in this quest. 16 Sagas worth of running it, and another 8 single runs and we have a nice selection of things we don't need, but cannot get the Family Recruit Sigil necklace. Same issue with Collective Sight from Blown Deadline.

Sure wish there was a better way to get the items you want without all the inane randomness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by guzzlr View Post
    Waited last night for 20 minutes (one round of buffs - and cooking dinner) and no Lady. Dropped down to stir things up and within seconds she arrived. I guess we were in one of those spots where we couldn't see her until we got in the right spot.

Next run she showed up within a minute or two after the "Find the Lady in Black" objective popped up. One of us dropped down while the other did the talkin in the bar.

Sadly, the damnable RNG hates us in this quest. 16 Sagas worth of running it, and another 8 single runs and we have a nice selection of things we don't need, but cannot get the Family Recruit Sigil necklace. Same issue with Collective Sight from Blown Deadline.

Sure wish there was a better way to get the items you want without all the inane randomness.
    Sucks about the sigil. You'll get it eventually, but I am aware how frustrating THAT ONE ITEM quest can be.

I was running around looking for her avoiding fights and she seriously just appeared right in front of me.

Sounds like she must be triggered by moving around in the lower area. Maybe passing through certain spots.
    Sabbathiel/Sabathal/Sabath-1

Sarlona

Community Member

Sucks about the sigil. You'll get it eventually, but I am aware how frustrating THAT ONE ITEM quest can be.

I was running around looking for her avoiding fights and she seriously just appeared right in front of me.
    Yeah, (sigh). Eight more loots today and still nothing. We'll keep at it, I guess.

Community Member

I forgot to mention, we are mapping out the locations where she shows up. One of our runs we absolutely had already checked off our map as we scouted her out. A few minutes later, PooF she was int hat spot. We hadn't done anything other than run around a little bit. No killing, no talking to npcs, nada. It's seeming more and more like a random bit of time and for best results be down below so you can see where she pops.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast