Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Community Member

How do you download the game? The link does not work at all...

Well...

After long hours of work and Redownload/Patch shrinked and running for a very long time ,at the background...I still found 0 bytes downloaded.

Pretty sure I saw the download was completed and log in box was ready; 30 mins ago when I was working.

I now have the time to enjoy the game; but I have found out ,somehow, the download process reset itself and it is back to %4.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JinxedWarrior View Post
    How do you download the game? The link does not work at all...
    No it does not.

I fixed my issue by copying over the entire installation from my friends PC, who had a working copy. We tried just the setup file on it's own first, but that would not connect either.

My friends copy worked while mine did not:

1. Friend is on same router.
    2. Friend had an older installation.

Community Member

I'm having the same problem, and the usual rain dance(s) didn't work for me either. Oh well, good excuse to go do something more constructive...

Oddly, I was logged in and having no trouble at all before dinner, around 3 1/2 hours ago. I logged after dinner, no problem.

I tried to launch a second instance to get to my second account, and that's when it started. It froze after the splash screen, so I had to force it closed.

Then in about 5 minutes the main client froze. I could tab back and forth to the desktop, but it acted like I was disconnected from the server, except it didn't log me out. So I forced a shut down, then tried to restart with no luck. Now I can't get in at all.
    Last edited by SocratesBastardSon; 05-02-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    "The imagination is not … the faculty for forming images of reality; it is the faculty for forming images which go beyond reality..." - Gaston Bachelard

Still no updates from SSG on the issue.

Community Member

10 pm Central time, still can't connect. Hanging on the post-log on splash screen. Considering that this wasn't for a big update or even an update patch, it's an impressive. . . mishap.

Community Member

I copied the application files from another computer that is able to log in and it now works. This is not an issue with a 3rd party regstrar nor a DNS issue. This is a problem with the patch files and how they install. Even a fresh install never worked.

Sorry Standing Stone but your reason does not reconcile with the issues happening.

This is not a good start to 3 returning VIP accounts from 5 years ago. We were planning on buying expansions, but I believe my family will wait to see how you deal with issues such as this first.

Hope there is a fix soon for others that cannot connect.

12:42 AM ET here and STILL cannot log in. I waited the "several" hours for the DNS to propagate... Now what SSG? This is getting more and more ridiculous. I am wasting VIP time while some can log in and others cannot. I should not have to be a network engineer to make this game work!!! Get it together for heavens sakes!!!

Whelp - based on people's posts, it does indeed sound like it is not a DNS issue. Unfortunately I have no alternate system to cannibalize client data from, nor am I in the mood to go through a re-installation process tonight -- especially with people saying that failed as well for them. Hopefully the Devs will have a fix for us tomorrow.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have corrected an issue related to a third party registrar, and have been working to repropagate DNS information. Many people should have their log in or patching issues resolved at this time. If not, it may be a few hours yet as ISPs update their DNS information.

10 hours later, still having the same problem.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

In a TR group that's all on voice chat and I'm the only one affected ..... finish a quest, finish out and freeze, sorry reset your whole PC (luckily it was an early night because after the 4th or 5th time I was raging anyway) and this is because of DNS? Lol, please. There is something else at play, quite obviously you guys don't know what it is but instead of helping those affected - silence. GG.
    - Founder -
    : DemonSaints of Orien :

Intha - Rituals - Skyquake - Diesektor - Nephlym

Default Reinstallation

Reinstalling the game has worked for me but I needed to perform a couple extra steps. Originally I was unable to download since I had the same broken link issues as several others but that link is working for me now.

1. Make a backup copy of your existing game folder. You will need at least one file from this folder later on.
      This folder can be in a few locations depending on OS and when you originally installed the game:
      • C:\Program Files\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online
      • C:\Program Files\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online
    2. Make a backup copy of your existing local data folder in the documents folder. This will preserve your personal preferences. You will need two files from this folder later on.
      This folder defaults to the following location:
      • C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\Dungeons & Dragons Online
    3. Download and Run the DDOLive.exe file from the SSG download page.
    4. Uninstall the existing installation of DDO.
    5. Remove the original folders (from step 1 and 2) but DO NOT remove the backups.
    6. Download and Run the DDOLive.exe file from the SSG download page.
    7. Install the game. When the final completion window is displayed asking if you want to 'Launch Dungeons and Dragons Online' uncheck the box and close the window.
    8. Run the launcher 'As Administrator' either from the desktop shortcut or by running the DNDLauncher.exe file in the new installation folder (not the one in your backup). It seems that this initial version of the launcher is unable to elevate its privileges to properly update.
    9. Allow the launcher to finish updating the game dat files.
    10. Once updating is complete and the launcher is asking for a password, close the launcher.
    11. Look in your new installation folder (from step 1) and look for a file named: Client_Local_English.dat. If the file does not exist copy the file from the backup folder (from step 1). The launcher downloads the various parts of this file but does not finish constructing the final file.
    12. Copy the ddo.keymap and UserPreferences.ini files from the backup folder (from step 2) to the new local data folder.
    13. Launch the client normally, you should be able to login.
    14. Optionally, you can copy the UI folder from the backup local data folder (from step 2) to restore your saved UI layouts.

I hope this works for all of you.
    Last edited by phinius; 05-03-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

It's not on us to uninstall and go through dozens of steps to try fix what they have broken. Not knocking your fix at all though, I'm sure many will be glad that someone has found a work around but SSG really needs to get in here and stop fobbing customers off.
    - Founder -
    : DemonSaints of Orien :

Intha - Rituals - Skyquake - Diesektor - Nephlym

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto-Helix View Post
    It's not on us to uninstall and go through dozens of steps to try fix what they have broken. Not knocking your fix at all though, I'm sure many will be glad that someone has found a work around but SSG really needs to get in here and stop fobbing customers off.
    I agree completely. I just figured others would appreciate another possible solution for not being able to login.

I would challenge the devs to try installing fresh on a pc that isn't on their network. There is definitely a problem with the hashing process.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by phinius View Post
    Reinstalling the game has worked for me but I needed to perform a couple extra steps. Originally I was unable to download since I had the same broken link issues as several others but that link is working for me now.

1. Make a backup copy of your existing game folder. You will need at least one file from this folder later on.
      This folder can be in a few locations depending on OS and when you originally installed the game:
      • C:\Program Files\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online
      • C:\Program Files\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\Dungeons & Dragons Online
    2. Make a backup copy of your existing local data folder in the documents folder. This will preserve your personal preferences. You will need two files from this folder later on.
      This folder defaults to the following location:
      • C:\Users\{YourName}\Documents\Dungeons & Dragons Online
    3. Download and Run the DDOLive.exe file from the SSG download page.
    4. Uninstall the existing installation of DDO.
    5. Remove the original folders (from step 1 and 2) but DO NOT remove the backups.
    6. Download and Run the DDOLive.exe file from the SSG download page.
    7. Install the game. When the final completion window is displayed asking if you want to 'Launch Dungeons and Dragons Online' uncheck the box and close the window.
    8. Run the launcher 'As Administrator' either from the desktop shortcut or by running the DNDLauncher.exe file in the new installation folder (not the one in your backup). It seems that this initial version of the launcher is unable to elevate its privileges to properly update.
    9. Allow the launcher to finish updating the game dat files.
    10. Once updating is complete and the launcher is asking for a password, close the launcher.
    11. Look in your new installation folder (from step 1) and look for a file named: Client_Local_English.dat. If the file does not exist copy the file from the backup folder (from step 1). The launcher downloads the various parts of this file but does not finish constructing the final file.
    12. Copy the ddo.keymap and UserPreferences.ini files from the backup folder (from step 2) to the new local data folder.
    13. Launch the client normally, you should be able to login.
    14. Optionally, you can copy the UI folder from the backup local data folder (from step 2) to restore your saved UI layouts.

I hope this works for all of you.
    Screw that. I didn't have any problems playing DDO until a day ago. My installation is NOT corrupt at all. This is on SSG, or I am finding another game to play.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Screw that. I didn't have any problems playing DDO until a day ago. My installation is NOT corrupt at all. This is on SSG, or I am finding another game to play.
    Exactly how I feel and am I sure many others. They need to wake up early and get this fixed asap. I honestly don't care and don't want to hear about third party DNS. I want a fix for this issue.

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Chief cook and bottle washer
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Woke up this AM and decided to see if game is up or down for me since it was down all day yesterday. Game is now downloading an update so maybe I will get lucky. I still think this is related to the update to Lamania. It was not a DNS issue on my end, maybe on SSGs end but I can not fix SSGs end that is them and their providers.

Well it is now 7:03 EDT and the files are still downloading so maybe I will end up with a completely new install.

Finished the patch and update but still only getting to the first splash screen after logging in and selecting server. Have flushed DNS, used the quad 8s, etc. Last time this occured a few years ago it took 3 or 4 days before being able to log on. I do hope SSG has a better idea than whatever they have tried to this point. Something is not correct on their end. Also of note, yesterday it would not allow me to download the game from the download page. This morning it allows me to do that so something has changed in the last 8 hours but not enough to correct the main issue of not being able to connect to the game server itself. Connecting to the log in server works fine. Connecting to the patch server appeared to work fine. Doing a transfer from a live game server to Lama appears to work fine. Connecting to the actual game server world hangs up. This is even with a new install of the game. What is happening appears to be something other than a DNS issue itself.
    Last edited by Althotas; 05-03-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: additional info

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSechler View Post
    I copied the application files from another computer that is able to log in and it now works. This is not an issue with a 3rd party regstrar nor a DNS issue. This is a problem with the patch files and how they install. Even a fresh install never worked.

Sorry Standing Stone but your reason does not reconcile with the issues happening.

This is not a good start to 3 returning VIP accounts from 5 years ago. We were planning on buying expansions, but I believe my family will wait to see how you deal with issues such as this first.

Hope there is a fix soon for others that cannot connect.
    Doesn't work for everyone. I copied application files from a laptop that is able to login to game to my main laptop and still get (not responding) at splash screen. Both have same version of windows so at this point I say it's n SSG problem and they are throwing darts blindfolded hoping to get lucky and hit on the proper fix. Meh.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Exactly how I feel and am I sure many others. They need to wake up early and get this fixed asap. I honestly don't care and don't want to hear about third party DNS. I want a fix for this issue.
    Agreed.

No joy for 24 hours now SSG... and counting.
    Khyber

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast