Community Member

Default Lightning Coil broken

Static Attraction doesn’t work when held in off-hand.

First, five years of grinding for a six piece LGS set that doesn’t work, then a year of grinding for an Elyd Charm that doesn’t work, then this…

It’s getting to the point that when I look at new content I stop and ask myself “How can I be sure it’s going to do what they claim, and even if they know it’s broken, will (can) they fix it?

Situations like this are a disincentive when deciding to pay for content in advance, like Sharn.
    Last edited by Evean; 05-02-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Evean View Post
    Static Attraction doesn’t work when held in off-hand.
    WAI, will change the tooltip to make that clearer.

six piece LGS set that doesn’t work
    Would love more info on this.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    WAI, will change the tooltip to make that clearer.

Would love more info on this.
    Sound and Silence does not proc the “Silence” effect. Sat with a friend in the bar, tagged them with a spell every 3 seconds for an hour, let’s round that down to 1000 times, it didn’t proc once. The “Sound” part did proc, ~3 times if I had to guess.
    Last edited by Evean; 05-02-2019 at 11:33 AM.

WAI, will change the tooltip to make that clearer..
    Why this restriction? with sentient weapons this virtually forces your sentient weapon to be this, and being btc is a great inconvenience for people who play alts.

Seriously, why does SSG hate the alts so much? Never in all the history of this game had there been so many obstacles to the alt play

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Why this restriction?
    The script runs a timer on you and keeps track of how long it's been since its been equipped, it would not function if more than one were equipped at the same time.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

The script runs a timer on you and keeps track of how long it's been since its been equipped, it would not function if more than one were equipped at the same time.
    then, please, limit what two can be equipped, instead of restricting it only to the main hand.

There are too many objects now dependent on a specific hand, I do not think it's a good idea

Community Member

Default Don't distract

Why this restriction? with sentient weapons this virtually forces your sentient weapon to be this, and being btc is a great inconvenience for people who play alts.

Seriously, why does SSG hate the alts so much? Never in all the history of this game had there been so many obstacles to the alt play
    Don't distract Lynnabel, she’s busy fixing my broken LGS set that took me five years to make.

Sorry ‘bout that Lynnabel. Carry on.

Don't distract Lynnabel, she’s busy fixing my broken LGS set that took me five years to make.

Sorry ‘bout that Lynnabel. Carry on.
    my worries are as valid as yours

Community Member

Default Agree to disagree*

my worries are as valid as yours
    *Doesn’t actually agree.

then, please, limit what two can be equipped, instead of restricting it only to the main hand.

There are too many objects now dependent on a specific hand, I do not think it's a good idea
    I don't know. Is it wise to make the system executing two scripts instead of just one script every time someone swings, equip/un-equip? Will it cause moar lag?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

Yeah, IMHO it would be better to make it Exclusive so you can only have one, than restricting it
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

First, lets give credit where credit is due...
    This was Turbine/WB's doing. I'm sure there was a statistical analysis on which one is more profitable for the company. My guess is "Main" character's won out decidedly because it has been this way for ~5 years.

Second, SSG are basically Turbine "rebranded" and it's taken them time to "walk and think" independently from their parent company, WB. I would give SSG many positive grades but as you noted, not everything is all "Rosy" in DDOland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.

First, five years of grinding for a six piece LGS set that doesn’t work
    Didn't LGS come out at the end of 2015 (less than 4 years ago)?
    then a year of grinding for an Elyd Charm that doesn’t work
    Wasn't Killing Time launched in October 2018 (about 6 months ago)?

Sure, things shouldn't be broken, but you make it sound like 6 years of consecutive grinding, while it was actually around 3.5 years of simultaneous grinding (assuming you only just completed the LGS set and acquired the Elyd Charm). If the grinds were completed earlier, then shouldn't the problems have been reported earlier (Lynnabel asked for info and was on the case the moment she saw the message, so perhaps the issue could have been fixed earlier than now)?
    Making out that things are worse than they really are will have a negative impact on retention of new people to the game.
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide