Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Default Stop it, DDO

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Update: Our downtime has been extended until 3:00pm Eastern. We apologize for the additional downtime.

UPDATE: Downtime extension: We apologize, but we need a bit more time to reopen the game worlds. We are extending our downtime to 3:00pm Eastern.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, March 28th for a game update. The release notes will be published tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    I don't know what bothers me more, the sheer incompetence displayed in just applying a simple patch, or the constant lies about when the servers will go back online. Don't you people know that the last big downtime fiasco a week or so ago is still fresh in everyone's minds?

Stop posting lies about when the servers will go back up. Just be honest and say they will be down "until further notice".
    Last edited by Ulvet; 03-28-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvet View Post
    Stop posting lies about when the servers will go back up. Just be honest and say they will be down "until further notice".
    I am pretty sure they are making a good faith "best guess" effort, not lying. Agree it's a little frustrating though.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

They gotta fix all those accounts that pre-ordered a little too pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Just started watching this a few days ago.
    I really dig it. The fight choreography is fantastic.

Haven't gotten to the octopus bit yet, though. Something to look forward to.
    Hurry and catch up, last 8 series ending episodes started sunday night. And yeah, its really good. Don't ever recall the octopus though...…..

Community Member

Update: Our downtime has been extended until 3:00pm Eastern. We apologize for the additional downtime.

UPDATE: Downtime extension: We apologize, but we need a bit more time to reopen the game worlds. We are extending our downtime to 3:00pm Eastern.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, March 28th for a game update. The release notes will be published tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    It's 3 pm EST

Their horns are sharpened and their weapons drawn. The brave Community Manager is entering the arena, the downtime is on!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The Downtime has been extended until 3pm (updating the original post as well).

Hang in there, we'll get across the Thunder Sea yet!
    Its 3pm... still down

And another time line bites the dust. I wonder what is the problem with Lotro that they need to fix BEFORE we can get our update?. Oh one day to be a 1st class customer
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvet View Post
    I don't know what bothers me more, the sheer incompetence displayed in just applying a simple patch, or the constant lies about when the servers will go back online. Don't you people know that the last big downtime fiasco a week or so ago is still fresh in everyone's minds?

the downtime is ALWAYS an estimate. they cannot sell in game items when down so they have every incentive to have the worlds up asap. just say something like "man! i am so bummed i cannot play and wish the update was finished!" or the like to express your frustration and stop trying to be a victim. oh, and look up the definition of lying...
    Khyberite

Default Don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    They gotta fix all those accounts that pre-ordered a little too pre.
    When you preorder you get a code doesn't activate till you log in and use the code so till the game up shouldn't be a problem
    Guild Leader Agents of the Dreaming Dark server Ghallanda, Officer of Ravenloft Raiders Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    Its 3pm... still down
    see thats why all my clocks and watches are like 15mins late. it's for better ddo update experience. tried to explain the concept to my boss at work but well ...

Community Member

I'm going to give you guys some free advice. "Under promise, over deliver." You've got it backward.

You really expect people to spend $130 for an expansion when you can't get a patch right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    Their horns are sharpened and their weapons drawn. The brave Community Manager is entering the arena, the downtime is on!
    500 points should be awarded for this one

Along with a 6 pack of lobster cola and some refreshing hot dog water for our thirsty onlookers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    *throws remove curse admixture at the server*
    NOOOO!!! Silly artificier, we DON'T throw liquid at servers! Even magical liquid... EVER.

*Ahem*

:Arkat points at clock:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Relax, people! So the games are down a little longer for a patch. It's Opening Day! You should all be out watching baseball anyway.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Default so.....how about another update of SSG incompetence?

Come on Devs, I know that your bosses told you that you had the month of March to bring out Sharn, but why do the GenX thing and wait till the end of the deadline to work on it.

This is vast incompetence that we (the players) has seen for a number of years.

Default Downtime issues.

Honestly, I'm more disappointed I can't play while I'm actually awake today. I'm also listening to/watching Critical Role in the background while I wait, so timing is less an issue than my headache at the moment.
    Nelarra, Shinten, Kavhalia, Jareth, Lenorai, Keldarra, Synaera, Randumn, Marellya, Malorak, Sunera, and many others...

Hello, my name is Elxir, and I'm an Altoholic...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    *Ahem*

:Arkat points at clock:
    Don't blame the clock just kick it LOL. I expect the meant the servers will be up at 3pm Pacific and NOT Eastern
    Ozzgood 51, 51, 27, 42, 115. Ozzbad 51, 51, 27, 42, 100. Ozzugly 45, 51, 27, 42, 145. EvilOzz 51, 51, 27, 42, 135. Ozzistheworst 39, 51, 16, 18, 75. Ozzthegreat 5, 5, 2, 0, 15. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial., Reaper Points,

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast