Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Heyday

Default Old Folks

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonique View Post
    How old do you have to be to count as "Old Folks"?
    You are ancient if you were here before or around the official launch. You are very old if you where here before the server merge. You are old if you where here around the server merge. You are somewhere ranging from ancient to somewhat old if you know who I am.

Cheers,

E.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 05-09-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings
    Proud member of ARCHANGELS

Quote Originally Posted by AkromaAoW View Post
    You are ancient if you were here before or around the official launch. You are very old if you where here before the server merge. You are old if you where here around the server merge. You are somewhere ranging from ancient to somewhat old if you know who I am.

Cheers,

E.
    The server merge isn't much of a different bar than founder considering it happened only a year and a half into the life of the game... unless you're counting European servers and their free transfers to US servers when they were getting shut down. I like to use playing the game before it was free-to-play as the bar of an "old player", but that let's me vainly include myself. I know I'm just a nub.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Community Member

It has been a long time. Have you been lurking in the shadows all this time, or did you leave and return? Does your wife DDO? The forum name is new...

E.
    Oh it's been around.. and no my wife hates super-heroes.. hates ddo.. but she does like going to raves and concerts with me

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Like the gimp of Hall of Fame in here.

Scars I think I have over an hour of recorded video on my old cpu of us running an elite Monastery from around 2009. Poorly.
    Ouch.. my voice like dust and rasping nails.. good to see you xyfiel.. long time

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    The server merge isn't much of a different bar than founder considering it happened only a year and a half into the life of the game... unless you're counting European servers and their free transfers to US servers when they were getting shut down. I like to use playing the game before it was free-to-play as the bar of an "old player", but that let's me vainly include myself. I know I'm just a nub.
    My demarcation between very old and old is based on the substantial culture differences among the servers that existed prior to the merge. Those at the merge got to experience the culture amalgamation, which was a different animal from what came before, so it started a significantly new experience and era. The distinction between ancient and very old gives a nod to the first folks through the door, but could probably be collapsed into one "old" class.

Here's an oldie but a goodie : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asauNxVaRSw

E.
    Last edited by AkromaAoW; 05-10-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    ArtEriik: Leader of Tharashk's Dragon Snacks, ArtEriika, Eriik, Cleriik, ArtCleriik, EriikaJoplin. ArtxEriika, AnEriika, ArtxEriik, EriikaEpic, ElusiveEriik, ArcEriik, AnEriik, and other Eriik somethings
    Proud member of ARCHANGELS

Default Ancient....but yet so young.

Cheers,

E.
    Well some of us ANCIENT players do return to the game. I just did recently and its SO overwhelming. It has taken me the better part of 2 months just to learn where everything is, the new enhancement system, get some decent gear, etc. Unfortunately, I used to enjoy raiding and now that part of the game is no where near what it used to be.

And YES I do know who you are Akroma.

Back to my lurking.
    BT
    Brothertuck (MAIN), Prikken, Prike, Cloven, Idnew, Prrike, ArcaneBT, Wendila, Monalisa

Proud Member of Archangels

Cheers,

E.
    What if someone knew who you were and knew your favorite hangout prior to the merge?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisonique View Post
    How old do you have to be to count as "Old Folks"?
    Yeah! What he said!!!

I came around mid 2010, have probably run with most, if not all of you on either Ifumoveudie(loooong time ago), or on my current project, Policegirl.

I miss the days of yore when Porklord, myself and a few other Starless members used to troll the Chronoscope raids.
    Proud member of the ArchAngels guild, Thelanis.
    Policegirl Killz, Porklord Meatfield, Pilfering Pirate.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Like the gimp of Hall of Fame in here.

Scars I think I have over an hour of recorded video on my old cpu of us running an elite Monastery from around 2009. Poorly.
    lol.. hilarious...

Cheers,

E.
    Hey Eriik

Long time no talk... my RL Bro just hit me up and told me my nephew just downloaded the game so I am giving it a go raising my necromancer from the grave so to speak and seeing if my little laptop has enough to run it. I am definitely older than dirt and was hoping a few of the old crew were around. I miss the Maelstrom (before Maels meltdown) and Legion days. Anxious to see how long it has actually been guessing 8-9 years since last login for me...

Here's to giving it the old college try.

Darkrune
    Last edited by darkrune; 12-28-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Darkrune TRx2 lvl 20 FvS, Darkdivinity lvl 20 cleric, Darkaxe lvl 20 fighter, Darktune TRx1 lvl 4bard, Darkbow lvl 20 AA Ranger, Darksoldier TRx1 lvl 20 Barb, Darkspells TRx2 lvl 20 Wizard, Darkbattle TRx1 lvl 20 artificer, Darktemper lvl 17 Ranger, Darkfists TRx1 lvl 20 Monk, Darkherald lvl 5 paladin Guild Leader of No Politics Thelanis Server

I was playing on Orien and rejoicing in the fact that not everybody was a legend with a frick ton of past lives. And that not every single lfm was reaper.

it was great times. I have not played in a while, but great memories.
    I cannot upload pics on this forum, but have lots of the old LFMs where we all picked on each other or made fun..there were nights where it was quite funny. Wish i could post them here.
    It seemed boring to many to have an end game cap at 20 and not much new content that often, but you had to do raids as groups mostly and we all got to play together over and over, and that was the best part.
    just going from raid to raid to raid with a couple toons, playing with lots of the guilds..man, it was a good time indeed.
    I jumped on too look now..and wow...lots of content..and in a way its great, but its much easier to run and less deadly.
    And the high end seems so small groupish or soloish and so spread out, I doubt it would be quite like it was.
    but hey, seems great now too.

really wish i could upload the photos on here.
    Last edited by MrWizard; 07-26-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Default Ha

We are all old.

Cheers,

E.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

When I see you're logged on I send a msge.

How about our old Thelanis forum cowbell? That's still kicking around somewhere.

Erik and his Batman build. Oh those were the days.

Old? I ain't old. Com'ere ya lil whippersnapper and say that to my cane....

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by staples View Post
    We are all old.
    I'm retired, not old.

Default I think we are getting old

IDK. I'm starting to see more ppl wielding: Van Richten's Legendary Cane

Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

And yes the typos never got fixed.

PS HEY BUNKS,

Community Member

Xoriat was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    I was playing on Orien and rejoicing in the fact that not everybody was a legend with a frick ton of past lives. And that not every single lfm was reaper.
    This is totally how I feel! XD
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Old? I ain't old. Com'ere ya lil whippersnapper and say that to my cane....

This made me laugh out loud! XD Couldn't resist replying.
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast