Community Member

Default Curious about Otto's boxes.

I've searched google high and low for this, and visited the ddo wiki pages several times too, but can't seem to find a definitive answer to my question, which is: How often do otto boxes go on the market for ddo? I was going to get me and a friend two of the heroic boxes, but i am low on funds as of this month. As is he. So, when can i expect them to be back in the market?

Also, just to be clear,I understand it's a little touchy to level up in such a way, but in our defense, we've played this game for about four years on my side, and two or three on his.

Many thanks for any answers, as i'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.

Alas, there is no regular schedule for otto boxes being available. It's (afaik) essentially random/on a whim. This weekends otto box availability actually surprised me since the previous one wasn't that long ago.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    Alas, there is no regular schedule for otto boxes being available. It's (afaik) essentially random/on a whim. This weekends otto box availability actually surprised me since the previous one wasn't that long ago.
    Ah, I see. Well, either way, it's good to know!. Thank you for answering so quickly. =)

Hopefully the boxes will be back soon, as one can only hope!

Idiot question, I dont see otto boxes in game in the store, nor do i see it in the market tab above here, where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Idiot question, I dont see otto boxes in game in the store, nor do i see it in the market tab above here, where is it?
    Since I am in game I can answer just type "otto" in the Search box in the DDO Store. Buy as many as your bank account can afford chief. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    As the Cap said, search for Otto and the 3 types will pop up.

They also appear in the "new to the DDO store" section (I'm assuming because they are constantly removed from the store, so each time the are offered they are technically 'new' again).

Quote Originally Posted by KingofQuietDarkness View Post
    I've searched google high and low for this, and visited the ddo wiki pages several times too, but can't seem to find a definitive answer to my question, which is: How often do otto boxes go on the market for ddo? I was going to get me and a friend two of the heroic boxes, but i am low on funds as of this month. As is he. So, when can i expect them to be back in the market?

Also, just to be clear,I understand it's a little touchy to level up in such a way, but in our defense, we've played this game for about four years on my side, and two or three on his.

Many thanks for any answers, as i'm at my wits end trying to figure this out.
    What is more important in my opinion is when DDO points are on sale with double bonus points. Buy DDO points only when they are cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    What is more important in my opinion is when DDO points are on sale with double bonus points. Buy DDO points only when they are cheap
    Hmm I think I usually wait for triple points, but not sure when that last happened. The new and improved ottos boxes? Are these different to the old ones?
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Triple bonus points have happened once, and will probably never happen again.

Community Member

I agree - its bad timing for me too - wish they would give us a week or so heads up on when these come on sale - or at least put these on sale around the first of the month when most people I know have some discretionary cash available - by mid month most of us are broke and just cruising till the next paycheck - for me that's the 5th and the 20th.... ARRG... missing this sale by 2 days... 2 fracken days!!!!

/Mac

Default Otto's box sales

Just from an observational stand point, it seems to me that Otto's Boxes go on sale typically near the end of most (but not all) fiscal quarters. Usually, double DDO points appear on a similar schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Triple bonus points have happened once, and will probably never happen again.
    Actually, they've happened at least three times (maybe four times) since 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DeCourcy View Post
    Just from an observational stand point, it seems to me that Otto's Boxes go on sale typically near the end of most (but not all) fiscal quarters. Usually, double DDO points appear on a similar schedule.
    usually 1 or 2 weeks after the otto boxes, because that's just how things go
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    usually 1 or 2 weeks after the otto boxes, because that's just how things go
    Yep they use the boxes to help clear out exisiting points and get some extra sales before the double point sale.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.