Cool Equipment guide for leveling

Hi all and welcome to my Equipment guide for leveling!
    I would like to start by saying that I am not a native english speaker, so please bear with my mistakes. Thank you and enjoy

Goals of the guide:
    • To simplify gearing process during leveling
    • To have a reliable list of items which would work for most builds
    • To make sure that gear sets stay reaper viable
    • To save up cannith crafting collectables

I chose certain level checkpoints:
    • around level 5 (Feywild gear)
    • around level 10 (Slave Lords/Ravenloft gear)
    • around level 15 (Sharn gear)
    • around level 21 (Borderlands gear)

This guide is not optimized for niche or for specific builds and it is not intended to be. It was made to give you a map of items you could use for playing a variety of builds on your characters without worrying about gearing hassle or spending too much time farming. I also realize that a lot of people use Ravenloft or Sharn gear all the way to 30 and skip gearing during epics. These lists are what I personally use and enjoy, feel free to modify them to match your taste!

New Versions:

Melee (STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Ranged (DEX, INT, WIS, CHA)

Caster (INT, WIS, CHA)

A few notes regarding caster lists:
    1. Level 5 lists have Feywild rings for all spell power types (Summer's Heat, Winter's Chill, Fall's Decay, Spring's Storms) and
    level 21 lists have Borderlands scepters for all spell power types that are also sentient friendly.
    However level 10 and 15 lists don't have that kind of luxury. Here are a few items you could use to get your primary spell power types:
    level 10 - Slave Master's Staff, Celestial Beacon, Coalesced Coinage, Anniversary Party Forum Posts, Cannith Crafting
    level 15 - Firestorm Conduit/Creeping Dust Conduit, Resplendant Fury/Stygian Wrath, Wild Flame/Wild Frost, Lilting Song, Rod of Mythant, Anniversary Party Forum Posts, Cannith Crafting
    2. Level 5 and 10 lists have melee/ranged goggles slotted in ... I am honestly not sure what else to put in that slot
    3. There are 2 almost identical Slave Lords items in level 10 lists, that is intentional since only 2 of them are kept for level 15 and you still get 5 piece set bonus for level 10

Old Versions:
    Melee (pre-Sharn/Feywild)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1286938087
    Ranged (pre-Sharn/Feywild)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1337021108
    Caster (pre-Sharn/Feywild)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1772673381
    Caster (post-Sharn/Feywild, pre-Ravenloft belt changes)
    Last edited by Eva266; 03-04-2021 at 10:15 AM.

I'm not great with google docs, so maybe I'm missing something. But the Caster section doesn't mention Charisma gear, or at least I'm not seeing it. Only Int and Wis. But thanks so much. This is very handy!
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva266 View Post
    Nr. 2 - Ranged list doesn't have STR and CHA based gear sets as to my knowledge those scores are rarely or never used for ranged builds.
    Simply want to point out this is not actually true.

Bow Strength is still used for Bow Characters that are not using the Elven Grace (Dex to Damage) feature. While it is not a primary attribute for those using Wisdom, Intelligence, Dexterity, or Charisma for To-Hit/Damage, it is still an attribute that is not ignored for those using Bow Strength (innately available to all builds with at least 1 level of Ranger).

So while CHA may be a niche build (I believe a bow using FvS is the current limit), utilization of Bow Strength is more common as the current alternative is using Elven Grace (Limited to non-Drow Elves)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    I'm not great with google docs, so maybe I'm missing something. But the Caster section doesn't mention Charisma gear, or at least I'm not seeing it. Only Int and Wis. But thanks so much. This is very handy!
    You should see a sheet for CHA based gear down at the bottom left next to the WIS | INT. Here is a picture of how it should look:

Let me know how it goes and I am very glad these lists come in handy. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Simply want to point out this is not actually true.

Bow Strength is still used for Bow Characters that are not using the Elven Grace (Dex to Damage) feature. While it is not a primary attribute for those using Wisdom, Intelligence, Dexterity, or Charisma for To-Hit/Damage, it is still an attribute that is not ignored for those using Bow Strength (innately available to all builds with at least 1 level of Ranger).

So while CHA may be a niche build (I believe a bow using FvS is the current limit), utilization of Bow Strength is more common as the current alternative is using Elven Grace (Limited to non-Drow Elves)
    Thank you for the feedback! I must say I didn't consider Bow Strength from this angle, so I will take a look in creating ranged list for STR users.
    Apart from Elven Grace, Deepwood Stalker tree does offer another way to get DEX to dmg - T2 Improved Weapon Finesse, as well as Ninja Spy in 2nd Core.
    With Inquisitive now out Favored Souls can get Light/Heavy Crossbows as their Favored Weapons and use CHA to hit/dmg in addition to Bows, so I am considering to modify the lists to add CHA version as well in the future.
    Last edited by Eva266; 04-10-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Default Incomplete

Unless the dex range set is getting 100% fort from an augment, and resistance from an augment. Although the resistance augment will give less than a crafted piece. I'm sure its missing more, but i stopped looking after those 2.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Unless the dex range set is getting 100% fort from an augment, and resistance from an augment. Although the resistance augment will give less than a crafted piece. I'm sure its missing more, but i stopped looking after those 2.
    Thank you for the comment. Yes - all the lists are made with the thought that a person playing is using level 8 100% fortification augment, that's what I always use through leveling to get my fortification. One of my future plans is to fill in augment slot parts in the lists to give people an idea of what I am using to fill in the holes.

Regarding resistance: it is true that I slot it most of the times. The lists are made with an idea of reusing items on several builds and of course with that comes the issue of not having everything at top numbers. From my own experience I tend to prioritize Healing Amplification/Sheltering/Dodge, so I made sure that these defensive attributes would be there. This comes down to preference in the end.

Melee lists do have alternative bracers that you could use to get higher resistances:

Last edited by Eva266; 04-10-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Default I was just wondering....

If you have an updated list to include Sharn items? Sorry for the necro, as I still check this at times. Thanks again.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisck2 View Post
    If you have an updated list to include Sharn items? Sorry for the necro, as I still check this at times. Thanks again.
    Any update on this request? Good guide btw.

Community Member

Please add captions! Thanks

As a returning player, has there been alot of changes in leveling gear since theese lists were made?
    Eurotrash™ playing on Khyber, Crimson Eagles
    Paramount - 20 TR3 Horc Blitz | Razing - 20 FvS TRing for more caster lives | Warcrier - 20 TR2 14/6 Warchanter Kensei

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warinx View Post
    As a returning player, has there been alot of changes in leveling gear since theese lists were made?
    Sharn gear at level 15 largely replaces Ravenloft and Slavers gear.

I am very happy to see that these lists are still useful for other players! I haven't been playing DDO for a while but came back recently and because there are people interested in post-Sharn version of these lists, I will take a look at them and update. I also fell in love with Borderlands loot for low epics, so those items might show up in the lists as well

edit: sadly real life is getting me occupied once again and I didn't have a chance to look over the lists as much as I would have liked to. apologies
    Last edited by Eva266; 05-24-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Community Member

I am very happy to see that these lists are still useful for other players! I haven't been playing DDO for a while but came back recently and because there are people interested in post-Sharn version of these lists, I will take a look at them and update. I also fell in love with Borderlands loot for low epics, so those items might show up in the lists as well

edit: sadly real life is getting me occupied once again and I didn't have a chance to look over the lists as much as I would have liked to. apologies
    I look forward to updates

Hello everyone! I finally made new lists for the leveling guide. They include Sharn, Borderlands and newly released Feywild gear ~
    I hope you will find them useful

Community Member

Hello everyone! I finally made new lists for the leveling guide. They include Sharn, Borderlands and newly released Feywild gear ~
    I hope you will find them useful
    Thanks!!

Hi everyone! Just a quick update: since Ravenloft belts have been changed I modified my caster lists to work without them. It mostly impacts level 10 and 15 lists and for those I have also written down some ideas for different spell power sources under caster notes. I especially want to mention the Anniversary Party Forum Posts that you are able to get right now!
    For those of you who want to continue using Ravenloft belts, the previous version has been posted under old versions.

Default amazing post

Some notes for melee:
    ring of brutal force says Enchantment Save +8 in the sheet, according to wiki its +8 fortitude.
    Consider swapping boots of tranquility to blackfeather boots for FoM and Swiftness +15% (and ff), augment somewhere with +9 const and +8 resistance so -1 constitution total.
    Should mention somewhere the generally useful abnormal crit-profile weapons such carnifex, SoS, Nightforge Avenger Blade, oathblade, that 3bc dagger.
    Talaziz-main toon, my caster
    Talsomething- my melee Talrofe- my healer Doglover- my tp slave
    The Church Of Nerull

Community Member

This is hardly optimal, and optimal isn´t that hard to get.

Community Member

Just ran into this thread recently and it seems amazing for trying to consolidate my gear storage into usable groupings.

Any chance you're planning to update this with Saltmarsh/ioD or are those additional breakpoints out of scope/not worth it?