Default MAX INT on a Wizard

Well, here is the breakdown for highest INT on a Wizard. (Not necessarily the most optimal, in fact, higher DC's are possible with lower INT.)

I will update this as new stuff comes out. If I am missing anything, please let me know.

INT BREAKDOWN Deep Gnome in Lich Form:

Base: 20
    Level Ups: 7
    Tome: 8
    Completionist: 2
    Racial Completionist: 2
    Racial PL: 2
    Enhancements: 15 (42 points in Pale Master, 24 points in Harper, 14 points in Archmage, 12 points in Deep Gnome, in Lich form)
    Destinies: 11 (6 in Magister, 5 twists)
    Equipment Bonus: 20
    Insightful Bonus: 9
    Quality Bonus: 4
    Filigrees: 9
    Exceptional Bonus: 1
    Reaper Tree: 1
    Profane Bonus: 2
    Festival Bonus: 2
    Artifact Bonus: 2
    Yugo Potion: 2
    Lasting Elixir: 2
    Ship Buffs: 2
    Epic Feats: 4
    Reaper Hat: 2

Sustainable INT: 129

In Reaper quests +4

Reaper Sustainable INT: 133

Bard 2
    House D pot 3
    Abashai Cookies 4

Maximum INT: 140

That said, you can actually have higher Spell DC's as follows: (my set up, yours may vary )

For filigrees (+9 INT above) you can instead have the Eye of the Beholder 4 piece set and Otto's 4 piece set for +4 to DC's and +4 to INT (Eye of the Beholder/Inevitable Grave +2 INT filigree, Eye of the Beholder +1 INT filigree and Otto's +1 INT filigree) for a net difference of +2 DC's and -5 INT over the MAX INT setup.

That's 124 INT and +2 DC's to all spells over the MAX INT set up

Epic Feats in the MAX INT setup is 4 INT;
    Instead use one of these feats for the Embolden Spell feat for +2 to DC's (a no brainer as +2 DC's is the same as +4 INT). This is a net difference of +2 DC's and -1 INT over the MAX INT setup.

That plus the above filigree change puts you at 123 INT and +4 DC's to all spells over the MAX INT setup.

Enhancements: 15 INT in the MAX INT setup (+8 INT from Palemaster, +4 INT from Harper, +2 INT from Deep Gnome, +1 from Archmage)

Instead, spend 12 points in Harper for +2 INT instead of +4 INT as in the MAX INT setup, and spend those points in the Deep Gnome and Archmage trees to gain: +3 DC's to Illusion DC's in Deep Gnome, +3 spell pen in Archmage, +1 Illusion DC in Archmage, PK SLA in Archmage, Displacement SLA in Archmage, and another +1 INT in Archmage. This nets +4 Illusion DC's and -1 INT from the MAX INT setup.

This plus the aforementioned changes puts you at 122 INT with a total net change of +4 DC's to all spells plus an additional +4 DC's to Illusion DC's over the MAX INT setup. (DC bonuses to a secondary school (instead of Illusion) is possible depending on your setup).

Max Sustainable INT while also having MAX DC's: 122
    Last edited by Mellkor; 01-09-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Artifact Bonus? From what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    From 5 piece slave lord set.
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    5 piece slave lords?
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Well, no wonder I don't know. I've never even made ANY sort of Slave Lords set!
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

What about the reaper hat bonus? (Pan Circlet Reaper bonus) for +2

Would +2 exceptional be possible from LGS or does slot placement prevent that?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Oh yes. reaper hat bonus is doable, Thanks! OP edited.

as to the +2 exceptional, it only comes on greensteel. So it ends up being a wash, as +20 int only comes on the strahd orb (which you would have to replace with the GS item in the off hand and put +19 INT item elsewhere). If another +20 item comes out in a different slot, it might work.
    Last edited by Mellkor; 01-07-2019 at 05:19 PM.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Some people asked me via PM to explain how lowering INT actually nets higher DCs.

Info added to the OP...
    Last edited by Mellkor; 01-09-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

This is a very helpful thread thanks.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Community Member

Several new additions with sharn. Both orbs can add +5 quality and +10 insightful and the black velvet capelet adds +21 intel along with greater boon, profane well rounded +2 and insightful negative healing amp. the 3 piece dreadkeeper set from sharn docks also adds +4 artifact bonus to intel and a bunch of other stuff. I can push my unbuffed Necro DC to 122 with over 1000 negative spell power.
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

A couple updates I noticed with Sharn and Soul gear:

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    Well, here is the breakdown for highest INT on a Wizard. (Not necessarily the most optimal, in fact, higher DC's are possible with lower INT.)

I will update this as new stuff comes out. If I am missing anything, please let me know.

INT BREAKDOWN Deep Gnome in Lich Form:

Base: 20
    Level Ups: 7
    Tome: 8
    Completionist: 2
    Racial Completionist: 2
    Racial PL: 2
    Enhancements: 15 (42 points in Pale Master, 24 points in Harper, 14 points in Archmage, 12 points in Deep Gnome, in Lich form)
    Destinies: 11 (6 in Magister, 5 twists)
    Equipment Bonus: 20 -- 22
    Insightful Bonus: 9 -- 10
    Quality Bonus: 4 -- 5
    Filigrees: 9 -- 11
    Exceptional Bonus: 1
    Reaper Tree: 1
    Profane Bonus: 2
    Festival Bonus: 2
    Artifact Bonus: 2
    Yugo Potion: 2
    Lasting Elixir: 2
    Ship Buffs: 2
    Epic Feats: 4
    Reaper Hat: 2

Sustainable INT: 129 135

In Reaper quests +4

Reaper Sustainable INT: 133 139

Bard 2
    House D pot 3
    Abashai Cookies 4

Maximum INT: 140 146

All that said, Melkors comments below are still spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post

That said, you can actually have higher Spell DC's as follows: (my set up, yours may vary )

For filigrees (+9 INT above) you can instead have the Eye of the Beholder 4 piece set and Otto's 4 piece set for +4 to DC's and +4 to INT (Eye of the Beholder/Inevitable Grave +2 INT filigree, Eye of the Beholder +1 INT filigree and Otto's +1 INT filigree) for a net difference of +2 DC's and -5 INT over the MAX INT setup.

That's 124 INT and +2 DC's to all spells over the MAX INT set up

Epic Feats in the MAX INT setup is 4 INT;
    Instead use one of these feats for the Embolden Spell feat for +2 to DC's (a no brainer as +2 DC's is the same as +4 INT). This is a net difference of +2 DC's and -1 INT over the MAX INT setup.

That plus the above filigree change puts you at 123 INT and +4 DC's to all spells over the MAX INT setup.

Enhancements: 15 INT in the MAX INT setup (+8 INT from Palemaster, +4 INT from Harper, +2 INT from Deep Gnome, +1 from Archmage)

Instead, spend 12 points in Harper for +2 INT instead of +4 INT as in the MAX INT setup, and spend those points in the Deep Gnome and Archmage trees to gain: +3 DC's to Illusion DC's in Deep Gnome, +3 spell pen in Archmage, +1 Illusion DC in Archmage, PK SLA in Archmage, Displacement SLA in Archmage, and another +1 INT in Archmage. This nets +4 Illusion DC's and -1 INT from the MAX INT setup.

This plus the aforementioned changes puts you at 122 INT with a total net change of +4 DC's to all spells plus an additional +4 DC's to Illusion DC's over the MAX INT setup. (DC bonuses to a secondary school (instead of Illusion) is possible depending on your setup).

Max Sustainable INT while also having MAX DC's: 122

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    A couple updates I noticed with Sharn and Soul gear:
    It should be 12 from filigree, not 11, since one of them can be the +2 Int "raid" Eye of the Beholder / Inevitable Grave filigree bought with Threads.

Also, +2 Exceptional was previously excluded due to a conflict with the only +20 Int item on an orb. But since +22 Int now comes from a necklace, that +2 Exceptional is a possibility again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

14. 03-22-2020, 12:37 PM

Reason
    Text

15. 03-22-2020, 07:40 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChemE View Post
    Several new additions with sharn. Both orbs can add +5 quality and +10 insightful and the black velvet capelet adds +21 intel along with greater boon, profane well rounded +2 and insightful negative healing amp. the 3 piece dreadkeeper set from sharn docks also adds +4 artifact bonus to intel and a bunch of other stuff. I can push my unbuffed Necro DC to 122 with over 1000 negative spell power.
    3 year delay on this post, but how the heck does Leg Black velvet caplet add 21 intelligence when it only gives +13 and +2 profane.. that would be 15 int not 21...

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar29 View Post
    3 year delay on this post, but how the heck does Leg Black velvet caplet add 21 intelligence when it only gives +13 and +2 profane.. that would be 15 int not 21...

because it used to, but after the "stat squish" that happened some updates ago all gear stats were lowered, following a new progression
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar29 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerianus View Post
    because it used to, but after the "stat squish" that happened some updates ago all gear stats were lowered, following a new progression
    Indeed.

Avatar29, beware of responding to older posts. They may no longer be relevant.

19. 01-12-2023, 03:30 PM