Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    I'll submit a pic.
    uhm, dude? you have a sentient gem in the envenomed blade. Doesn't matter if it has 0 xp, it's still sentient and has 1 available filigree slot. Sentience will never allow you to put it into your offhand. Remove the Gem of the Hopeful. As long as that is in that weapon, it is restricted to main hand only. That is not a bug. That is WAI.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    uhm, dude? you have a sentient gem in the envenomed blade. Doesn't matter if it has 0 xp, it's still sentient and has 1 available filigree slot. Sentience will never allow you to put it into your offhand. Remove the Gem of the Hopeful. As long as that is in that weapon, it is restricted to main hand only. That is not a bug. That is WAI.
    Good catch! I have no idea when I slotted that, or why. I only feed one gem. Don't know how I missed that. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Since you make this fix, what if you also fix the btc cosmetics that you gave last year? No cosmetics should be btc. Turn them into bta
    Agreed. I've got 2 characters I want to delete, but I don't want to lose the armour from last year. I had a sword through a special a few years ago that also ended up BTC. I ended up feeding it to my sentient, even though I really wanted to keep it, because I was out of character slots and needed to delete that mistake one to rebuild a better one. No special items or cosmetics should be BTC unless needed for a quest/chain/flagging/etc. They should all be BTA instead

Quote Originally Posted by glmfw1 View Post
    an easy, if monotonous, method for non-power players to be able to advance their sentient weapons, allowing them to compete in the big leagues from time to time
    Otherwise, leave them as they are, so the non-powere players have a once-in-a-year chance to get their Sentients advanced.
    all the non-power players were thinking "maybe this year I might get all my slots opened" and now realise it's unlikely to happen.
    I was a 1st life during the event last yr, and it took me forever just to get the broccoli and banhammer. I didn't understand about the sentient items, so I didnt get the glasses or the kobold gem. Once I figured them out 3-4 mths ago, I was excited abt getting those items this year. Especially as it will take me forever to max out a gem. Instead I, and all the other newer players and casual players, won't see our gems maxed out thru the glasses like all the heavy hitters/whales/old timers did last year. I wish they'd allowed it for this yr as well, for those who missed out on the free year's worth of grinding for gem upgrades. They could have then canceled it forever once this yr was done. This also sticks a lot of players with glasses they were hoping to use for sentient xp. Not everyone reads the forums and saw the post abt it ending

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    I was a 1st life during the event last yr, and it took me forever just to get the broccoli and banhammer. I didn't understand about the sentient items, so I didnt get the glasses or the kobold gem. Once I figured them out 3-4 mths ago, I was excited abt getting those items this year. Especially as it will take me forever to max out a gem. Instead I, and all the other newer players and casual players, won't see our gems maxed out thru the glasses like all the heavy hitters/whales/old timers did last year. I wish they'd allowed it for this yr as well, for those who missed out on the free year's worth of grinding for gem upgrades. They could have then canceled it forever once this yr was done. This also sticks a lot of players with glasses they were hoping to use for sentient xp. Not everyone reads the forums and saw the post abt it ending
    Hi. Welcome to ddo. All kidding aside, its the same pattern it always has been with things in ddo. many fixes do nothing but further the gap between a new or less than hardcore player. Lesson to be learned from this is take advantage of every single thing you can because it may be changed in the future. Especially so with anything that lessons the grind.

On the bright side, while i wish i had been able to take advantage of rose colored glasses last year, sxp comes relatively fast. In just a couple weeks of farming ravenloft and white plume mountain i got my gem upgraded to 5 slots with the extra stuff i pulled. There are a lot worse grinds that had a short cut get a big road block tossed up. Example: raising the cap to 30 made it much more of a grind for a new or casual player to get there epic past lives done. Raising the cap was fine, but they should of left in the ability to etr @28 at the old xp requirement of 6.6 million or whatever it was.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    You could put 500 Sentient XP gems into the reward list that can be exchanged for a price you deem reasonable. That way the option to get some goodies in this regard is still in but you have it under control.

Speaking of goodies long wished for, festive augments of other types.

Speaking of the curve between vets and newbies, or the cringe returning players experience after a long time comeback (just seen it with a guildy, he nearly quit again after coming back realizing how much stuff had moved on) - given we are now at +8 store tomes and top raids dropping in far higher tiers, a SINGLE +5 tome per character per event like once existed for mabar would not seem overly punishing on your sales, would it?
    So much + this

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Agreed! But the Sentient system was new (<1 month old) and the precaution for this sort of thing on the design end wasn't fully formed yet,so it slipped through. Rather than revoke it immediately, we decided to let it pass and fix it for the next Anniversary. So, here we are: Making a balance change, and giving advanced warning so people know this is being corrected and have time to use up any that are left.
    Isn't that what Lamannia is for though? To test the process and items BEFORE they hit the live server? And don't give me the reply....we can't catch them all.....It appears as if alot of the issues found (that require patches) are obvious and should have been dealt with prior to live release.....seems alot of "things" slip through. I have been playing this game for over 11yrs and I can't remember an update that did not have an issue and require a patch of some sort. I realize a company needs to make money so it can continue......but once a year maybe having an update that was NOTHING BUT (the annoying) bug fixes rather than having to rely on us to tell you about them when we come across them.....i.e......ladder glitches or fix concentration/quicken or some of the hundreds of complaints I hear every time I play!

And let's be real here. You are making the change to the item because you missed it and many players had the opportunity to exploit it. In the past, this would be cause for a ban. I guess I should be glad you are finally starting to realize that if it is in the game due to programmers lack of smart coding or lack of testing on Lamannia, then we just fix it rather than boot the players that found the process and used it!
    Last edited by KingKoz; 02-28-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKoz View Post
    In the past, this would be cause for a ban.
    i laughed, so much, a ban u just said? for exploiting? in DDO? XDDDDDD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Default Rose-Tinted

Yeah, I never noticed the update that removed the value from rose-tinted this year. Still hadn't gotten the item I had been wanting to find/slot for the sentient xp and now all the glasses I got last year are useless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lychias View Post
    Yeah, I never noticed the update that removed the value from rose-tinted this year. Still hadn't gotten the item I had been wanting to find/slot for the sentient xp and now all the glasses I got last year are useless.
    You could and should have been feeding them to any item slotted with a jewel. Which them could have been fed to the jewel slotted in the item you want when you got it.

I really hate these retroactive type of changes aftet a long period of time because all they do is widen the gap between hardcore players and new, returning, and less hardcore players but you had all the tools available to you to take advantage of them so this one is on you.
    My phones auto correct/swype failed grammar school.

So they wind you back to level 10 with 20 negative levels, but you can't quest with your friends that are level 10? I thought they might bridge the level gap or something. What am I missing? Was the game max level 10 in 2006?

I figured they would fix it before this year's party, but there was just too much other good stuff to get! It's fun running around looking for the little changes they make each year.
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

Ghallanda: Live and Make Die

Quote Originally Posted by fjoois View Post
    Well boo was looking forward to really working on my Sentient Weapon using the Goggles.

Anyway thanks for the advanced warning.
    This happened MONTHS ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234