Default Problem with GPU while dual boxing

Hi there!
    Until a couple of days ago i was running 2 accounts on my PC and did it for years without a glitch!

To make it easy to explain let say that account 1 is running on screen 1 and account 2 is on screen 2. Both accounts run in windowed mode.

Whenever i am playing screen 1, account 2 ( on screen 2) freezes to a halt and vice versa!
    In task Manager i saw that the GPU is now allocating over 90% to one account and almost nothing to the other one. I never had that issue before!

But if i "click" anywhere else, let say on background screen, both accounts are running smoothly and GPU is allocating enough resources!

If it can help some of you, my video card is a Geforce GT640 and i am running windows 10.
    Everything is up to date with the latest drivers of course!

Thanx for any helpful advice.

X DDO QUÉBEC X

Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar

Interesting ,

I can't compare with mine (Dual core 1,66 Gh , 4go RAM , Intel 945 with 220 MB share / tuned WIN XP)
    but one thing tickles me

Are you secluding your game processes on different cores ?
    if not , you're loosing a lot of CPU time by letting the OS and the game processes switching form one core to another.

When it happens , as you're windowed , is the one not running smoothly covered by anything on top of it ?

Have you already gone into Options -> Troubleshoot -> Maximum Frame Rate and lowered from Infinity to any other number?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    Have you already gone into Options -> Troubleshoot -> Maximum Frame Rate and lowered from Infinity to any other number?
    It is set at infinity and i have never touched that setting ever!
    Should it be set to something else?

X DDO QUÉBEC X

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfire View Post
    It is set at infinity and i have never touched that setting ever!
    Should it be set to something else?
    If it is set at Infinity it will allocate everything it possibly can to that instance when it's the active window. You should 100% lower it and imo it should never be set at Infinity. The character select screen can destroy your GPU if you sit on it for too long (as a personal example my GPU is usually around 30% load in DDO, with temps between 30 and 40 C. If I bump Max Frame Rate up from 120 to Infinity, it is 100% load and 55+ C.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpai View Post
    If it is set at Infinity it will allocate everything it possibly can to that instance when it's the active window. You should 100% lower it and imo it should never be set at Infinity. The character select screen can destroy your GPU if you sit on it for too long (as a personal example my GPU is usually around 30% load in DDO, with temps between 30 and 40 C. If I bump Max Frame Rate up from 120 to Infinity, it is 100% load and 55+ C.)
    Man that works great!
    I simply don't know how the hell it happened since i never went to change that setting!

I put 50% for both account and it work simply perfect!

Thanx a lot mate!

X DDO QUÉBEC X

That's measured in frames, not %. You might prefer 60 fps or so. But the ideal setting will of course depend on your hardware, and whether your GPU has freesync/g sync and other features.

Community Member

Man that works great!
    I simply don't know how the hell it happened since i never went to change that setting!

Thanx a lot mate!
    Put it to 60 MAX FPS ( could be higher depending on your monitor's capacity. )