Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've used them on DQ before, there aren't any problems. The raid timer just lets you re-acquire the quest that gets you into the raid during the normal timed lockout. It doesn't care HOW you acquire that quest or how it's chained together or anything like that.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a new bug in the game, as someone else reported exactly the same problem with Catacombs. And yeah, Catacombs isn't a raid, so clearly there's some weird bug going on that's throwing the "You need to use a bypass" message.

WHy i need a raid timer bypass to repeat the catercombs
    Thank you for your request for assistance. Unfortunately we have to close this request as you were offline with the affected character at the time we were able to assist you. The issue you are reporting cannot be resolved while you are offline. If you have a similar issue in the future, please submit a new help request from the character experiencing the issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Can now confirm that this is indeed bugged. Just did a run of ADQ + ZR, collected my end reward, talked to zawabi to confirm that I was on a timer, used a normal raid timer bypass, talk to zawabi again and his dialogue reset but I also got a warning that I could not do it again. Then I talked to Zawabi a second time, and his dialogue gave me the option to reset the ADQ chain as it should have, but when I select that dialogue option it tells my I cannot do this due to being on a timer.

Thus despite using a timer bypass in the correct way, it is not allowing me to bypass the 3 day timer on ADQ+ZR.

Tried to use one last night for my 40th run. Gives the error You can't reset Against the Demon Queen here. To use your raid reset timer speak with the quest giver. Zawabi doesn't want to talk to me. Put in a ticket, but it was closed cause I had logged off. Now I can't get the quest and I am no longer on timer. I just want to do my 40th run so that i can go cry in the corner when I don't get my Torc in the list lol.

Community Member

This is still happening. Getting error message when talking to Zawabi with a raid timer bypass in effect.

The only workaround, if you can even call it that, is to give up doing Against the Demon Queen for the next 3 days until the timer is finally gone. Also, you will be forced burn off that raid bypass on another heroic or older epic raids. Only then can you finally reset and do the DQ raids again.

Quote Originally Posted by Solacetine View Post
    Tried to use one last night for my 40th run. Gives the error You can't reset Against the Demon Queen here. To use your raid reset timer speak with the quest giver. Zawabi doesn't want to talk to me. Put in a ticket, but it was closed cause I had logged off. Now I can't get the quest and I am no longer on timer. I just want to do my 40th run so that i can go cry in the corner when I don't get my Torc in the list lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pal002 View Post
    This is still happening. Getting error message when talking to Zawabi with a raid timer bypass in effect.

The only workaround, if you can even call it that, is to give up doing Against the Demon Queen for the next 3 days until the timer is finally gone. Also, you will be forced burn off that raid bypass on another heroic or older epic raids. Only then can you finally reset and do the DQ raids again.
    Just to be clear:

1. You use the correct raid timer bypass
    2. You talk or try to talk to Zawabi
    3. The reset fails
    4. You need to reset any other raid to burn off the timer
    5. Then after waiting out the 3 day completion you can redo.

So if you dont bleed off the raid bypass somewhere else, you can't do the raid again even after the three days?

Weekly server restarts used to wipeout any pending raid timer resets, IIRC
    Last edited by Mindos; 01-26-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Just to be clear:

So if you dont bleed off the raid bypass somewhere else, you can't do the raid again even after the three days?

As far as I know the timer bypass effect is only good for 1 hr., the point of burning it off elsewhere is more about not completely wasting a rare resource for nothing. In my case I was looking for Greater Tokens, ADQ/ZR is my preferred token hunting ground, but EChronoscope had historically yielded less tokens for me, But a smaller chance for tokens is better than letting the timer bypass burn out without trying.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Just to be clear:

1. You use the correct raid timer bypass
    2. You talk or try to talk to Zawabi
    3. The reset fails
    4. You need to reset any other raid to burn off the timer
    5. Then after waiting out the 3 day completion you can redo.

Yes, that's what I ended up doing. I went back like 4-5 days later after getting the error from using the bypass, and the same error message persists. Ended up doing Chronoscope twice to burn off the timer, and only then was I able to reset DQ.

On a separate note, this incident also confirmed what I always suspected about SSG's so called online ticketing "help". After the raid timer bypass error, I submitted a ticket about the issue. Waited around online for over 3 hours with zero response. Then 5 minutes after I logged out and went on an alt, the ticket was closed because I was was not "online" for the GM to "help" me...

This is still broken. It may have worked in the past, but not any longer. Using a timer permits you to try to the "reset the raid" conversation, but it fails with "you must speak with the quest giver" (which of course is the very djinni you're speaking with to get the error ><).

Catercombs is still broken as well...

Still broken.

Community Member ThreadNecromancer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pal002 View Post

Verified this the hard way myself a few months ago.

Off timer, no bypass active, acquired/ran both ADQ & ZR, collected reward.
    Used bypass, couldn't reset. Waited 3 days & verified not on timer using /quest command, still couldn't reset/reacquire.
    Ran ToD twice to burn the active timer bypass, could then reacquire ADQ/ZR.

Sounds like bug to me.

Community Member

Still broken.

Community Member

Bump

Community Member

Thumbs down

I just returned from a long break and wanted to run my 20th completion after completing my 19th run. I used a normal Raid bypass and the djinn told me: You can't reset Against the Demon Queen here. To use your raid reset timer speak with the quest giver.

very annoying that things still broken or get broken and dont be fixed. looks like this problem is already old

Community Member

Angry

Had an ingame GM response. Seems like they are aware of that problem, but wont do anything at this time. This issu is like mostly 1 year old.

Befor your coded the horses you should have fixed this minor bug.......

that is no quality managment. its more quantity....

Pls fix that bug

Community Member

Angry

Still broken.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Yep. I bought Raid Timer Bypasses and I'm VERY unhappy that I can't use them on the one raid I want to repeat...
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

I know it's bad etiquette to cross post, but this is the DDO forums right? :-)

From another thread:

"Store-bought item, raid bypass timers, do not work for ADQ. They will actually permanently break a toon’s ability to run ADQ if you ER after trying to bypass it. The only way to unbreak it is to TR, or remember to clear the bypass flag using some other raid like Chronoscope *before* you ER. This is just all kinds of bad and really needs to be fixed."

Note that bypass timers absolutely did work in the past. I used them a lot a few years ago to get my second torque.

Community Member

Why can't this be fixed? It's a store item after all.

If it can't be fixed for some reason, at least let us keep our raid completions through TR. We keep our elite/hard dungeon completions why not the raid completions???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast