Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Raid Timer Bypass and Against the Demon Queen

So I want to run a couple Epic ADQ, and found I had a handfull of Raid Timer Bypasses from years ago in the bank. Is there a trick to using them for ADQ, or does the preraid make it impossible? I tried and got the " You can't reset ADQ1 here, To use your reset timer speak to the quest giver" message when talking to the djinn.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Community Member

Were they Legendary Raid Timers or the old Epic versions?
    Afunkymunky/Drkivorkian, Helter Skelter on Ghallanda

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus2011 View Post
    Were they Legendary Raid Timers or the old Epic versions?
    The original timers. I got them years ago, before there were Legendary Raids. I think I got them from the "Red Box" card crunching event. They worked on E Cronoscope.

Community Member

Interesting; they should work with DQ, although I'll admit I've never actually used one for that particular raid.

Epic Ring of Spell Storing--https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...+spell+storing

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus2011 View Post
    Interesting; they should work with DQ, although I'll admit I've never actually used one for that particular raid.
    I suspect it has to do with the fact that ADQ1 preraid has the 3 day timer, but is not actually a raid? I was a little afraid I'd have a problem with this. I think ADQ is the only raid left that has a non-raid reflagging mechanic. Maybe this hasn't been much of an issue, so it never got looked at?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    I suspect it has to do with the fact that ADQ1 preraid has the 3 day timer, but is not actually a raid? I was a little afraid I'd have a problem with this. I think ADQ is the only raid left that has a non-raid reflagging mechanic. Maybe this hasn't been much of an issue, so it never got looked at?
    I've used timers with that raid in the past. Unless SSG has changed something, I'd suggest you verify your flagging status.

Default "red door farming"

So I want to run a couple Epic ADQ, and found I had a handfull of Raid Timer Bypasses from years ago in the bank. Is there a trick to using them for ADQ, or does the preraid make it impossible? I tried and got the " You can't reset ADQ1 here, To use your reset timer speak to the quest giver" message when talking to the djinn.
    the easiest way of repeating Against the Demon Queen without doing the raid and without the need of raid timer bypass hourglasses is of course to have a second account available with a character who is flagged for AtDQ.
    The second character can just wait anywhere while he is in your group and you can red door AtDQ then.

If you dont have this the second way is to have at least one more person in your group who does AtDQ with you.
    After finishing the quest one person remains in the quest and waits until one other person finished out and says he got the entry window open (but he doesn't enter yet) then everyone else finish out.
    The person with the "red door" enters the quest then and he is in a fresh instance of this quest and everyone else in the group can also enter this new fresh instance.
    This can be repeated an unlimited time and works on any quest you can do with the "red door" option.

red door means btw. that a red colored warning text appears on your entry window that you are not on the right goal for the quest and you normally should see the quest giver then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    the easiest way of repeating Against the Demon Queen without doing the raid and without the need of raid timer bypass hourglasses is of course to have a second account available with a character who is flagged for AtDQ.
    The second character can just wait anywhere while he is in your group and you can red door AtDQ then.
    Except, it is the raid chest I needed, as I was looking for Greater Tokens of the 12. AtDQ is the easiest raid for me to solo that gives the Greater Tokens. Also, if by chance I were to get the Seal/Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing along the way... I had been having far better luck pulling tokens from eAtDQ2 than I was from the eChronoscope... I'm also not sure you can "Red Door" AtDQ1 anymore. One of my earlier runs, I forgot to pick up the quest on one account, and while the other account entered the quest, the one that had not picked up the quest was not allowed in, and I could not "share" the quest. He had to recall, and get the quest from Zawabi. I'm suspecting these changes were made to combat "Red Door" abuse, and either the raid timer bypass changes were made when Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses were introduced that affected AtDQ that were either not caught, or not addressed as the number of people using timer bypasses for AtDQ are probably pretty low. Until Greater Token hunting, I hadn't run a AtDQ more than once a life for favor.

*Side Note* Could we please get a teleport "guide" in the Desert? Running to the Wiz King isn't too bad, but getting to Chains and AtDQ1 is obnoxious for repeat runs....
    Last edited by cdemeritt; 12-16-2018 at 01:08 PM.

AFAIK, red boxing part one only works if you've already completed part one but not yet completed part two. Red Boxing ADQ (pre-raid) will not work if you've not completed it yet, are not flagged, or are on the timer for the raid. And you'll still need a party member who can enter it normally.

I plan on doing a few runs in the next few days, so I'll double check that it still works, but I have done this since the release of legendary raid timer bypasses, so that definitely did not remove that functionality.

(the reason for wanting to do multiple pre-raid runs before finishing the raid itself is because wilderness shards can drop in the end/epic chest there. While they can also drop in the end/epic chest of the raid, the raid chest also has the shards for the raid specific items. This it's an even lower chance of getting a wilderness item shard from the raid vs the pre-raid. If you want an Epic Torc, run the raid many times. If you want an Epic RoSS, maximize your pre-raid runs)

...but yeah, ADQ/ZR is a great source of tokens/greater tokens. Make absolutely sure you're on a timer(you got your end reward from Zawabi), then use a raid timer bypass, then talk to Zawabi twice. That should reset and let you back into ADQ again. Talking to him twice is paramount though. First time resets the quest, the second time actually grants it.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 12-16-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Except, it is the raid chest I needed, as I was looking for Greater Tokens of the 12. AtDQ is the easiest raid for me to solo that gives the Greater Tokens. Also, if by chance I were to get the Seal/Shard of the Ring of Spell Storing along the way... I had been having far better luck pulling tokens from eAtDQ2 than I was from the eChronoscope... I'm also not sure you can "Red Door" AtDQ1 anymore. One of my earlier runs, I forgot to pick up the quest on one account, and while the other account entered the quest, the one that had not picked up the quest was not allowed in, and I could not "share" the quest. He had to recall, and get the quest from Zawabi. I'm suspecting these changes were made to combat "Red Door" abuse, and either the raid timer bypass changes were made when Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses were introduced that affected AtDQ that were either not caught, or not addressed as the number of people using timer bypasses for AtDQ are probably pretty low. Until Greater Token hunting, I hadn't run a AtDQ more than once a life for favor.

*Side Note* Could we please get a teleport "guide" in the Desert? Running to the Wiz King isn't too bad, but getting to Chains and AtDQ1 is obnoxious for repeat runs....
    Of course if you want to do the raid wich is by the way called Zawabi's Revenge there is no way around doing Against the Demon Queen too but you talked about AtDQ which is clearly the pre quest to the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    Of course if you want to do the raid wich is by the way called Zawabi's Revenge there is no way around doing Against the Demon Queen too but you talked about AtDQ which is clearly the pre quest to the raid
    While this is true, I often feel like I'm the only one who refers to it that way. At least on my main server when I'm on everyone refers to the raid as ADQ or DQ (sometimes adq/dq part 2) rather than ZR. I've Been trying to spread the habit of referring to things by what they actually are, but old habits/community norms are hard to break. Glad to see I'm not completely alone. lol. (also why I always say Epic Reinc and never ETR, but that's a completely different rant)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    While this is true, I often feel like I'm the only one who refers to it that way. At least on my main server when I'm on everyone refers to the raid as ADQ or DQ (sometimes adq/dq part 2) rather than ZR. I've Been trying to spread the habit of referring to things by what they actually are, but old habits/community norms are hard to break. Glad to see I'm not completely alone. lol. (also why I always say Epic Reinc and never ETR, but that's a completely different rant)
    There are several more examples, such as WK for wizard king. It’s just what people refer to them as.

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    I'm also with you on the ER mission

Catercombs is still broken as well...

Still broken.