Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default PvP is still alive, kind of.

So back in about 2010, there were multiple instances of PvP rounds going at any given time in the Lobster, or even random challenges being issued in the public zones. It died off fairly quickly after a few of the people I knew decided to leave the game, because even then, it was a small fan base that engaged.

That said, I spent some time on the Orien server for about 7 months with some friends recently, and PvP is pretty big there. Every time I would login, I would head to the Lobster and find between 5 and 20 people hanging out and going back and forth with each other. Even had a few matches going of CtF. I do know that my current server is pretty dead on it, but every now and then I will find someone willing to go into a match.

If you don't mind moving servers, or creating a PvP toon on Orien for that purpose. PM me, and I can tell you who to look for if you decide to go.
    Proud member of the ArchAngels guild, Thelanis.
    Policegirl Killz, Porklord Meatfield, Pilfering Pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by ifumoveudie View Post

If you don't mind moving servers, or creating a PvP toon on Orien for that purpose. PM me, and I can tell you who to look for if you decide to go.
    It is almost 6 AM and I am waking. My mind is immediately going to business. When I realized I can pull around 300 million a year within 3 to 5 years or even sooner, my interest began to shift very fast. Time management is essential. Long involved distractions kill momentum. 3 to 6 hour quests will rarely happen now. 1 hour is time I could eat, and even free food is expensive when it takes time to chew. At times I am aware of each breath, every second feels heavier then before.

As much as I'd like to go for PvP in this game, hunting down strangers, moving servers, setting up events with no rewards but the ones we pay for ourselves (which beats the purpose totally), so I can spend some time getting nowhere at all, not even exp or gold, but poorly thought out matches and arenas and the crappiest no one ever uses queue ever made that divides queues infinitely making fast match finding impossible...

Then I learned programming and can not be convinced it is too difficult or time consuming to add a good match making queue that compresses all queues into one level based random queue like most PvP games do. The programmers could easily add this but choose not to, so I choose not to play anymore. Not my game obviously, not gonna waste much more time requesting PvP. I'll probably down load another game where the developers show more love for their player base (PvP AND PVE type people) instead of their own personal preferences.

I'd rather make it disgustingly rich and flex more RL might then spend my life in a game where my desires are ignored for eternity and I am told how to enjoy the game - kinda like telling me how to think - it doesn't work. After I make my first 300 million dollars I'll either buy the game and force my PvP way because I am the new General Director, or I will make my own game and it will be infinitely better. No point in spending hours chasing meaningless matches about so I can remain poor and undeveloped for a longer amount of time because developers don't care, then why should I?
    Last edited by Proton; 12-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    (DDO PVP PVE 24/7 options options come check us out better then ever!!!) = (+) Sales
    (DDO PVE only, 10k isn't required, no need to TR 150 times, don't worry) = (-) Scary
    Live large, you are awesome, you are here, you are happening! Sincerely, Proton

Quote Originally Posted by Proton View Post
    or I will make my own game
    I would encourage this option.

Good luck.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I would encourage this option.

Good luck.
    Looking forward to the business plan, maybe share it and we can lend a hand with your goal!

I prefer to play the game, but yeah I would love this game to be a bit more popular with the masses.
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Times up. Windows...
    Last edited by Proton; 12-24-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    (DDO PVP PVE 24/7 options options come check us out better then ever!!!) = (+) Sales
    (DDO PVE only, 10k isn't required, no need to TR 150 times, don't worry) = (-) Scary

Hmmm that might actually end up being only the 25th and 26th actually know that I think about it. I don't know if I am going blank right now or thinking too much. Best to rest, save deep taxing thoughts for later.

Finally, nothing to do much for now. I'm so exhausted though. Timing is interesting, apparently beyond my immediate control but on course nonetheless. It seems quiet and uninteresting here, PvP as it is, this pointless sub section almost serving to give an appearance this game has PvP but upon closer inspection and from in game experience that is all it does at best. So much to follow up on that I haven't much time to care. A little, dungeons and dragons seems so funneled and linear in the choices we have for playing. I'll predict the next big add, it will give a new race, a new prestige, some quests that are all focused on the same predictable violence kill development, with little emphasize on puzzle solving, obstacle courses, real traps, or some fresh new concepts for the game, something else like DDO dodge ball, a competition, a race... so another stale update that doesn't change the game much, only makes it bigger and more of the same. We might see homes, maybe, it would be encouraging if we did, because inventory has really hurt this game... big fun there no one has ever. If they added a PvP it would be the biggest best update possible for real people in the world like myself who like DDO but find it too narrow and desire more play options then PVE vs monsters only, and would love to have sentient unpredictable opponents to compete in different ways with, as well as cooperate with. Hopefully the developers can do something impressive that addresses this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12