Community Manager

Default Support Team Standing Stone Games this Movember!

Hello everyone,

Every year for the past six years I have gone beard-free and bad mustache grown for the important cause of Movember. Every year, I hear from men suffering from cancers thanking me for helping people get support. I hear from all genders who have loved ones, friends, fathers, brothers, husbands, boyfriends who either are, have, or might suffer from testicular and prostate cancer in the future who want to do something about it today. This year, I want to focus in particular on Movember's work to prevent suicide, and get more men to reach out for both mental and physical help.

Globally, the rate of suicide is alarmingly high, particularly in men. Too many men are ‘toughing it out’, keeping their feelings to themselves and struggling in silence. The Movember Foundation is aiming to reduce the rate of male suicide by 25% by 2030, and I want to help them get there. Help me stop men dying too young.

This is a good reminder to myself as well as others: Quite a few of us feel we've been trained to suffer in silence, that weathering out physical or mental health issues is the way to do things. It isn't.

Talk.
    Just as important - Listen. Listen when someone around you is struggling.
    Just as important - Ask. Reach out if you see someone struggling and they aren't getting or seeking help.
    Just as important - Take Action.

This year, the Movember fundraising will be conducted a bit differently.

You probably noticed that unlike previous years, we raised money for Extra Life in October for both DDO and Lord of the Rings Online, rather than just LOTRO. This year, we are raising money or Movember in both DDO and LOTRO as well. If you can afford to and wish to donate to both, that is fantastic. If you can't support both, that's fine. If you can't donate to either, you can encourage others to donate.

Incentives

Unlike Extra Life this year, I've been able to come up with a cool new incentive! This is a consumable that a few of you have been in some cases hoarding since 2012, and have asked for numerous times over the years: The Pork Barrel!

You place it in a non-public area. When struck, it explodes. Tasty Hams fall from the sky. It's pretty great.

If you donate and want to get a prize, you MUST fill out the following info and PM it to me on the forums here:

The name you used for your donation on the Movember page:
    Forum name (or Twitter handle, etc.):
    Amount Donated:
    Date of Donation (if you know it):

If you donate at least $10, you will be entered into the various DDO Point drawings that are unlocked by the Standing Stone Games Team reaching certain milestones. If you donate to me or another Team member, it counts! $20 gets you a stack of ten Pork Barrels.

Group incentives:

$1000 - Five 500 DDO Point codes and five picks from the Community Loot List that will be randomly distributed to people who donate at least $10 to the fundraising effort through a random-number-generated drawing.
    $2000 - Five more 500 DDO Point codes and five more Community Loot List picks will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.
    $3000 - Five more 500 DDO Point codes and five more Community Loot List will be randomly distributed to folks who donate $10+.

Individual incentives:

$5 - Forum Title of your choice, within the community guidelines. PM me with your desired choice. If you already have a custom title, I can add another!
    $10 - Custom Forum Avatar - Let me know what you want your avatar to be, and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    $20+ - For every $20 donated, you'll get a stack of TEN Pork Barrels! I am currently working with the DDO team to get these into game data in a way that allows me to make codes against them, similar to the way I do DDO Point giveaways. That's going to take a game update, so I won't be able to distribute these until December sometime (unless we do an update earlier and this gets done in time for it?) I will distribute them to you then.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DONATE TO ME. Donating to anyone on the Standing Stone Games team counts, just get me your donation info so I can get it noticed.

To donate to the team: https://moteam.co/standing-stone-games

To donate to me: https://mobro.co/jerrysnook

Thank you as always for your support. It means a lot to me, but more importantly it means a lot to the people you help.

One of the things I like best about Movember is their financial transparency. You can get everything from an overview to detailed spreadsheets here: https://us.movember.com/about/money

I will also be working to do a Movember fundraiser on DDOstream on Twitch, and will probably make up some new mustache avatars in the near future.

Jerry
    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-01-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member Luthor_Darkhammer's Avatar

Good Cause

Money is a bit tight this month, but it's a very good cause. I'll see what we can do.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Money is a bit tight this month, but it's a very good cause. I'll see what we can do.
    just like this pic. nothing to do with the op or anything

god thats huge. how do i resize pics in forums?
    Last edited by Hobgoblin; 11-02-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    god thats huge. how do i resize pics in forums?
    That's what she sai- ....*clears throat*

I don't think there is a way to do that here on the forums - has to be resized before hosting the image. If an image is too large, even MS Paint can do a respectable job of resizing it. Then just visit Imgur, or whatever hosting site du jour your wish - and done.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Movember Foundation
    Jerry,

A couple questions:

I don't see start and end dates in your post or on your donation page. Help me out here please.

Multi-part, please be thorough in your response:
    I see some Mastercard matching on your page, but unfortunately my primary CC is a Visa. Are you aware if Visa has any matching program, and if so how do I get Visa to recognize a donation that they can match? I do have a MC that I don't ever use, but I could possibly if it seemed worthwhile. Same question about matching: How do I get MC to recognize a donation that they can match?

Not a question:
    I hope they focus on servicemen, as that is a high risk group which deserves all the attention that can be mustered.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Yngvarr Stormedge: Aye, laddie. Aye. That be a mighty fine pooop deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    sometimes you just want to light the players on fire, yanno?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Jerry,

A couple questions:

I don't see start and end dates in your post or on your donation page. Help me out here please.

Multi-part, please be thorough in your response:
    I see some Mastercard matching on your page, but unfortunately my primary CC is a Visa. Are you aware if Visa has any matching program, and if so how do I get Visa to recognize a donation that they can match? I do have a MC that I don't ever use, but I could possibly if it seemed worthwhile. Same question about matching: How do I get MC to recognize a donation that they can match?

Not a question:
    I hope they focus on servicemen, as that is a high risk group which deserves all the attention that can be mustered.

Thanks.
    I am being a bit deliberately vague on the start and end time, as I needed a rolling start (still working on Extra Life too, after all) and the end is frankly somewhat flexible. I typically try to make it somewhere early December, to give me time to get all this fundraiser sorting work done in time for the holidays. Let's say Monday, December 3rd but frankly you can still donate after that if it's an issue.

It looks like matching has ended, and was for Mastercard this year. I know I did get at least one match from a donor, so I assume it was just based on using that during checkout. Visa has done this in the past, but perhaps has decided not to this year? Might be related to partnerships or whatever. Either way, this is from the Terms part of Movember site:

Mastercard

Thank you for your support of the Movember Foundation. Please note that we reached the maximum donation amount of $250,000 in matching funds from Mastercard® on November 3 2018 at 15:04 EDT therefore the matching opportunity has ended. If you made your donation after this time, please note your donation will not be matched by Mastercard. Again, we appreciate your donation and efforts to stop men dying too young.

From 11/1/18 12:00:01 AM EDT to 12/31/18 11:59:59 PM EDT for each donation of $25 or more made using a valid Mastercard® on us.Movember.com, Mastercard® will match dollar for dollar up to a maximum donation amount of $250,000. Promotion ends on December 31 2018 at 11:59:59 PM EDT or when the maximum donation amount of $250,000 is reached, whichever comes first. Debit PIN transactions are not eligible. Movember is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and does not endorse any product or service. Mastercard® is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member PentegarnDarras's Avatar

PM sent

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default \m/ HAMTASTIC \m/

Well, after several calls and a few minutes (Hours? It seemed like hours) on the phone with my CC company and VISA, both who pointed at the other as the source of any potential matching funds, requiring follow-up calls to both, it appears as though there is nothing in place at either Chase or VISA that will match funds. So I'm just going to make the donation I had already decided to make, and there will be no matching done by my CC card issuer or the CC company itself. Despite Mastercard clearly doing this. So for Mastercard card holders, congrats on holding a card that doesn't suck.

My incentive here was that I'd seen that Mastercard matched contributions. So given that I was going to make a contribution I'd like it to be matched as well. More bang for the buck, as it were. Sadly, that doesn't appear to be the case, and so my donation will be my donation at a dollar for dollar level. In the end, it was still worth the time to try to see if I could pry some matching dollars out the companies involved.

Jerry, I've got to bother you again and ask what the difference is, if any, between:

Last edited by Niminae; 11-18-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    Well, after several calls and a few minutes (Hours? It seemed like hours) on the phone with my CC company and VISA, both who pointed at the other as the source of any potential matching funds, requiring follow-up calls to both, it appears as though there is nothing in place at either Chase or VISA that will match funds. So I'm just going to make the donation I had already decided to make, and there will be no matching done by my CC card issuer or the CC company itself. Despite Mastercard clearly doing this. So for Mastercard card holders, congrats on holding a card that doesn't suck.

My incentive here was that I'd seen that Mastercard matched contributions. So given that I was going to make a contribution I'd like it to be matched as well. More bang for the buck, as it were. Sadly, that doesn't appear to be the case, and so my donation will be my donation at a dollar for dollar level. In the end, it was still worth the time to try to see if I could pry some matching dollars out the companies involved.

Jerry, I've got to bother you again and ask what the difference is, if any, between:

There is no appreciable difference. Donating to me gets it put into my personal total, that's about it.
    Join us on Twitch!

My wife and I talked it over, and decided as good as cause as Movember is, we donated what we could to help out the Humane Societies in California in areas hardest hit by the fires. Our hearts broke seeing some of that, and what little spare monies we have this time of year had to go to trying to help those in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    My wife and I talked it over, and decided as good as cause as Movember is, we donated what we could to help out the Humane Societies in California in areas hardest hit by the fires. Our hearts broke seeing some of that, and what little spare monies we have this time of year had to go to trying to help those in CA.
    That's worthy as well. Cali been getting torn up this year. An online friend from another forum posted pix of his house & workshop that got wiped out. Is chilling - worse than tornado leftovers.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There is no appreciable difference. Donating to me gets it put into my personal total, that's about it.
    I got you close to your $3k goal. I'd have liked to have pushed you past it, but that was outside my budget.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Community Manager

All right, sorry for the time this has taken, but everyone who donated to me this Movember should now have received a private message with their code for Pork Barrels. I've also distributed all of the group incentive rewards! Thank you so much everyone for supporting this cause, it means a lot to me. If you run into any issues with the codes, or have any other questions or issues, please get in touch with me through private message so I can get it sorted out.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Knock scrolls dont work and have never worked.

I have been playing this game for a long time and several things don't work at all. Here are a few (1) The knock scrolls you can buy don't work at all, I have never been able to even open one lock with them ever, and I actually went through a whole 100 stack just to see it, would ever work and no it has never worked. I know you want to sale bells of opening but come on already either have them work or take them out of the game already. (2) The feat scrolls don't function properly and the feat spell always says pending???? fix please. (3) The titles you can give and create for guild positions is broken and has been broken and non functional for ever please fix so we can use it. (4) On the last deck of the largest ship there is a room that once you select a item to place in it you can never change it ever again as it wont recognize you to even do so. So in essence when you place something there you can never move it around and/or change it. And bound to character items need to be removed period. The only restrictions that should exist is bound to account and even that is a bit of nonsence. Just do away with that already. And please reset the amount of items it takes to craft the numbers are set so high it is a joke to craft anymore. 10 of this and 8 of that it's just to much guys there is enough grinding in the game already for stuff and this just makes it all that much more painfull. And lastly the red dragon robe shards and other shards like for the silver slinger, and jack jibbers blade. I have ran that run 100 times and no blade seriously drop rates are a joke please fix them they need to drop in this lifetime please.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy99999 View Post
    I have been playing this game for a long time and several things don't work at all. Here are a few (1) The knock scrolls you can buy don't work at all, I have never been able to even open one lock with them ever, and I actually went through a whole 100 stack just to see it, would ever work and no it has never worked. I know you want to sale bells of opening but come on already either have them work or take them out of the game already. (2) The feat scrolls don't function properly and the feat spell always says pending???? fix please. (3) The titles you can give and create for guild positions is broken and has been broken and non functional for ever please fix so we can use it. (4) On the last deck of the largest ship there is a room that once you select a item to place in it you can never change it ever again as it wont recognize you to even do so. So in essence when you place something there you can never move it around and/or change it. And bound to character items need to be removed period. The only restrictions that should exist is bound to account and even that is a bit of nonsence. Just do away with that already. And please reset the amount of items it takes to craft the numbers are set so high it is a joke to craft anymore. 10 of this and 8 of that it's just to much guys there is enough grinding in the game already for stuff and this just makes it all that much more painfull. And lastly the red dragon robe shards and other shards like for the silver slinger, and jack jibbers blade. I have ran that run 100 times and no blade seriously drop rates are a joke please fix them they need to drop in this lifetime please.
    spoken from the heart
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

Jimmy,

The scrolls do work.

Maybe you should tell what class you are using. Scrolls require a specific class or a high enough umd to be able to use them.

After 24 hrs waiting for the in-game help, I got fed up and requested help via the website. That was 5 hrs ago. Nobody has responded to either help request and the in-game one was started 31 hrs ago now. This is ridiculous ! Especially when one of the 'perks of vip' you write abt is that we get expedited customer service for help requests. I'm stuck 1/2 way thru doing an ETR and TR, going from 30 back to 1, and can't play till one of your minions gets online to fix issues. I'm sorry, but if my utility companies can have a tech support dude 24/7, then so can you. Especially to help when someone is in a quest and cant wait 3 days for your customer care to actually care.