Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derda View Post
    That doesn't work. Idk what the game client uses but it's not a real fullscreen.
    Also the limit of 2 instances being alt+tabbable and nothing else, whoever made this decision is beyond me.
    So back to this, sure you can set the game resolution to 1920x1080 with some highDPI options in Windows10, however that sets the game resolution to 1920x1080, which makes the game look ugly af.
    So it's either have the game look somewhat nice and get a headache and dizziness after a while or have bigger UI elements and ugly looking renderings.
    I set my TV at 4k resolution. I set the game client at 1080p. On my TV it looks like 4k except the UI is in 1080p. Maybe, it looks different on your system.

Community Member

I would really like better user interface scaling too. I was wondering if UI editing could be opened to the public that way we could do it ourselves since it seems to be a low priority. Personally, I have stopped playing since I got a bigger display since the UI is too small.

Default UI scaling please

I'm using 4k TV too! Fixed the problem with the launcher by adjusting the properties of the shortcut so that it uses System (Enhanced) scaling. I run the client in Full Screen 1600x900 because text is still too small when running 1920x1080. Even with it at 1600x900 there are times when I have to move closer to the screen to read dialog screens with NPC's. In addition to that issue, when I alt-tab to read wiki, I would say about 50% of the time it crashes Chrome, have to reopen and restore to bring up my wiki page, total pain in the rear. I would say this really needs to be addressed if there is going to be any future for DDO. I am currently signed up for 3 month sub but will unlikely reup when that is over and absolutely will not buy any expansions if this is not addressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetwise View Post
    snipped
    You might have something useful to say but coloureed text is hard to read.

Hero

Don't hold your breath. Players have been asking for a scalable UI for years, and 4k support. Sev said it was something on their list, but there's no timeframe to deliver it (ie, it has no priority so isn't getting done). The challenge with scaling is it requires every single bitmap in the game to be redone so it can scale. Lots of work and little reward, monetarily speaking.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell_Redhill View Post
    I set my TV at 4k resolution. I set the game client at 1080p. On my TV it looks like 4k except the UI is in 1080p. Maybe, it looks different on your system.
    I'm guessing you have a tv that does a good job of upscaling sub-4k signals. My tv does an awesome job upscaling... but only to 1920 (I still think plasma looks better than anything else besides high-end 4k OLED (and I refuse to get LCD for my main tv)).

Community Member

Default This should not be such a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    My guess is it would be a non-trivial trip into the core code of the game.

Leading to the fear of breaking things they didn't even know were connected to that bit of code.

But hey, that's just my impression.
    Theoretically, this should not be the biggest challenge in the world. Things like fonts should be handled by the OS. That is also the tricky part. With each different OS, things are going to look different. Still, this is not that big of a deal. It should have been done a long time ago. I know they don't think it's a moneymaker like other things they can sell in the store, but people will quit playing over **** like this. I believe many already have.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    Dev time is NOT an unlimited resource. Would you rather see major bug fixes and new content or see that time spent updating the ui?

Personally id rather see my 9.95/ month go to be content than prettying up a ui that while dated, functions fine.

I dont know jack about how much time/effort and most importantly, risk of breaking other things is involved in updating the ui, but i do know that if it was an easy risk free thing to do, they would have done it by now.
    I would rather see things like this fixed, before other bugfixes. This is a MAJOR DESIGN FLAW. It should have been fixed YEARS AGO. In the time since the original software was developed, the rest of the world has changed drastically. It is time for DDO to either catch up or get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    Dev time is NOT an unlimited resource. Would you rather see major bug fixes and new content or see that time spent updating the ui?

Personally id rather see my 9.95/ month go to be content than prettying up a ui that while dated, functions fine.

I dont know jack about how much time/effort and most importantly, risk of breaking other things is involved in updating the ui, but i do know that if it was an easy risk free thing to do, they would have done it by now.
    I'd take a pass on new content especially level cap increases for them to fix bugs and make some updates to the UI (if feasible) Such as functional scaling, letting hotbars snap to each other and then actually lock, instead of having to wiggle them around and accidently grabbing an edge when clicking quickly, etc. I mean, if they come back and say, "Listen, UI scaling isn't going to happen, it's attached to too many other things and we can't afford the time to do it right." at least we would know.

Community Member

I keep waiting for UI scaling. I haven't played this game properly in years and not being able to scale the UI is why I canceled my subscription (if it's a monetary reason, they lost money from me because of this). I can play it in full screen 1080 but as some have mentioned, the UI can seem small at times at this size. As I see it, if they were working slowly on fixing the UI since it was first proposed over 5 years ago, it would probably be done by now. Yes this is something we have been asking for for years and I can only guess how long it would take to do, but as for me, this is the biggest reason I stopped playing and I probably won't subscribe again until it's fixed.

Thumbs up That would be awesome

In another thread I replied about the quests text bad font legibility. However that is related with UI scaling.
    That font is a pain to read in High resolutions. It could be scallable like in LOTRO.

While this functionality is not implemented I confess I replace my monitor with a TV to play in low resolution (1366x760) in order to get some proper ui scaling without distortion.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

... People just don't understand the difference between bitmap graphics and vector graphics ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    ... People just don't understand the difference between bitmap graphics and vector graphics ...
    It doesn't matter in this case. We are asking the company to implement a functionality.
    I particulary know the difference, but it doesn't prevent me from asking a improvement to the game.

The customer does not want to know how it is done, but what is done.

Subtly calling us dumb adds nothing to the discussion.

Community Member

One more vote for 4k and higher please.

Higher resolution monitors and TVs have been mainstream for several years.

It would be nice to play at native resolutions and not rely on janky/partial feature workarounds.
    Sarlona: Tobril | Syg | Trogbril | Warmachyne | Sql

YouTube | Twitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12