Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default AAasimar version

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    My own two cents:

Weapon Choice:

STR based Khopesh (Calamity) - When you have no other source of Vulnerability, these win the DPS contest

DEX based Scimi (Vulkoor's Edge) - When you have other sources of Vulnerability, the additional DEX for Ethereal along with solid Scimi choices have this on par with Calamities. There are also amazing CC weapons that you can use DEX based: Flow and the new Reflection of the Frostblade. Haven't crunched the numbers on Vulkoor vs Nightshard, but I suspect Vulkoor still wins (metalline bypass is nice as well). In any case, the CC options, especially Flow, works well enough that you can solo pretty well.

STR based Mace (Beacon of Night/Day) - These fall a fair bit behind DPS wise, even with Scourge bonus. However it is still important to carry blunt weapons of some sort for bypass reasons, and Scourge helps prevent them from being as big of a DPS loss.

I would also like to talk about going WIS based via Falconry. While a Tempest doesn't really care about DCs, so doesn't benefit as much as a Monk/ranged/divine would, there are still some compelling reasons:

- Aasimar and Aasimar Scourge heals scale multiplicatively with WIS, and is the key to having high reaper self healing potential
    - Mass Frog is a strong ability, and if you have the past lives/reaper tree for spell pen, can be very effective even without feats. Certainly more useful than Tactician
    - Applies to all weapons like STR does, but is also boosting WILL saves with investment.

With No Mercy, you'll end up with higher trash DPS on everything CCed, but lower on bosses/non-CCed due to the loss of DWS investment. The new Frostblade (assuming it isn't glitched down to a 35DC like Epic Freezing is) presents a Dire-Charge > 6 seconds to freeze everything under your burst combo that could carry No Mercy into the general win zone even solo, which is where you'd want the stronger Aasimar heal anyways. However outside of Aasimar, I'd stick to STR or DEX only.

Race:

Aasimar Scourge has the boost to Maces (STR/WIS) or Light Maces (DEX), Oversized feat for a small boost to attack (does not qualify you for DEX to attack/damage on anything), free Undead FE, ghost touch, and the highest burst potential under Divine Form

Aasimar gives you passive Vuln stacking no matter your weapon choice as a Fallen, Quick Draw for quicker recovery from casting heals, and up to +5 STR under Purpose if you're STR based. Vuln Stacking is not to be underestimated, so Fallen Aasimar will out-DPS anyone that does not have a different source for it.

Elf is great for DEX builds as they max out DEX, boost accuracy (high reapers need all you can get to avoid grazing hits), and have a Displacement clicky.

Wood Elf gives up the Dragonmark Displacement option of Elf, but loses the CON penalty and has a STR option for someone rolling STR and wanting the accuracy bonuses. 5% doublestrike, a 10% action boost to speed for free with a tumble, and a strong attack/damage tree is nice too.

Half-Orc has action boosts, lock bash, and brutality for helpless damage. I consider this a top-tier damage option.

Human I really think is second-fiddle to Aasimar for Tempest. You don't really need the feat or action points, and Aasimar/Scourge gets the heal amp along a powerful self heal and a form that boosts DPS. It's far from a weak choice, but any Aasimar option is simply better.

Plenty of other options, but I don't think they bring as much to the table. Technically Helf would work well, but they're too ugly to count.

Scion of Ethereal vs Scion of Arborea

Scion of Ethereal is very strong. SA damage scales at 150% of MP, so it can easily translate to 200+ damage per hit -- even on non-DEX builds. Obviously that gets downscaled by Reaper, but so does Arborea's affect. On anything that is not SA immune, it is no contest - especially as you have a reliable way to apply it with Exposing Strike.

I really would only take Scion of Arborea if there are one of two conditions:

1) There is no way you can fit Hide items without major sacrifice (and even then it is debatable)
    2) You are mainly running content with SA immune targets such as RL raids

Gear

I realize you may have some inefficiencies due to using some existing Slavers gear, but there are definitely some improvements you could make:

- Executioner's Helm really can't be beat for DPS. It gives Seeker, 5% damage from Fury, SA from Insightful Deception, along with Qual Combat Mastery. Rolling with an Executioners + Legendary Bracers of the Fallen Hero will be better... especially when you're on the higher end of Doublestrike. This is including even when not under Fury. When on boss fights, you could swap on a Slavers with 17 STR and a Packbanner as you would not need Stunning at that point.

- Sheltering 45 is 100% useless on a gear setup that is giving you 50 PRR / 52 MRR. If you already have CON/DEX/STR/WIS covered (which you don't on your setups), then there is always False Life.

- Ward Inscribed Pendant may be a source of CON, but it is breaking up Adherent set bonus option and Fleetfoot is a strong defensive boost as it gives 20 WIS for Will saves and Wind Through the Trees for no-save knockdown on anything attacking you.

This is the setups I would suggest:

STR Based:
    Goggles: Precision Lenses
    Helmet: Legendary Executioner's Helm
    Necklace: Fleetfoot Necklace
    Trinket: Echo of Ravenkind
    Cloak: The Invisible Cloak of Strahd
    Belt: Braided Cutcord
    Gloves: Molten Silver Gauntlets
    Boots: Slave Lords Crafted - False Life 68 (or INT 17 for a lazy KtA), Accuracy 28, Hide 22 (or Vertigo 20 if you use Trips), Quality STR 4 (or Qual CON)
    Bracers: Legendary Bracers of the Fallen Hero
    Ring 1: Band of Insightful Commands
    Ring 2: Ring of Nightfall
    Armor: Mist Laden Vestment

You could do boots with FL 68, Accuracy 28, Vertigo 20, Qual STR 4 for trash, and a STR 17, Accuracy 28, Hide 22, Qual STR 4 (or CON) for bosses so you can swap to Lorefueled Packbanner.

If Dodge is needed, flip boots and Trinket and put CON 17 on Slavers
    Trinket: Cannith Crafted - Dodge 15, Heal Amp 61, Insightful DEX 7 (or Ins Seeker)
    Boots: Softsole Slippers

DEX based:
    Goggles: Van Richten's Spectacles
    Trinket: Cannith Crafted - Dodge 15 (or Spell Saves 12 or Melee Alacrity 15, Heal Amp 61, Insightful DEX 7
    Cloak: Legendary Shadowhail Cloak
    Boots: Slave Lords Crafted - CON 17, Accuracy 28, Stunning 20, Quality PRR 11
    Bracers: Lorefueled Packbanner

There is also this setup. It will come at a slight DPS loss due to no longer having Ins Deception SA, and no Heal Amp or Dodge, but has other advantages:
    Goggles: Cannith Crafted - Seeker 15, Accuracy 23, Insightful Seeker 7 (or Ins WIS 7)
    Helmet: Wind Howler Mask - Insightful DEX 9, Relentless Fury, Doubleshot 12, Tendon Slice 16%
    Trinket: Echo of Ravenkind
    Boots: Slave Lords Crafted - Sheltering 45, Devotion 185, Stunning 20, Quality PRR 11

WIS based
    Goggles: The Masque
    Trinket: Trinket of Freewill - Insightful WIS 9, MRR 52, Spell Resist 46, Mind Control Immunity
    Boots: Legendary Flightfoot Greaves
    Ring 1: Slave Lords Crafted - CON 17, Accuracy 28, Stunning 20, Qual WIS 4
    Ring 2: Legendary Cursebane Ring (or Legendary Deathwarden for healing)

If you need Dodge, you can make the following changes:
    Trinket: Cannith Crafted - Dodge 15, Heal Amp 61, Insightful WIS 7

If i were to go regular Aasimar instead of Scourge, how will this affect the build.

Quote Originally Posted by LawLessk View Post
    If i were to go regular Aasimar instead of Scourge, how will this affect the build.
    I mention it in the thread. There really isn't much of a difference -- you want all cores in either case, and after that it's getting what you can afford. Aasimar is a Master Race for self-healing, so you'll be fine. Quick breakdown of the pros/cons

Scourge:
    - Undead FE for free
    - Ghost Touch as a core
    - 5% doublestrike and Oversized (+2 accuracy) for only 2 AP
    - HAMP
    - Tranformation for top burst potential

Aasimar:
    - Up to +6 STR over Scourge for STR builds (+1 Fallen + up to 5 temporary Purpose)
    - HAMP
    - Fight the Wicked for vs Evil damage fillers
    - Ascendant Bond for 10% HP or Vuln stacking

Depending what type of build you are (STR/DEX/WIS) would dictate which is technically stronger, but as both have the exact same Healing Hands, the main chunk of what makes them strong options is the same, so if you're just snagging a PL, do whatever.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Default Cranium cracker

A pair of Cranium Crackers makes this build shine! even though they are level 7 weapons they give you a x5 multiplier, destruction on hits and crazy vampirism healing....less so in reaper content

Quote Originally Posted by Taxidiotis View Post
    I didn't specifically note DEX being higher than STR. I theorized STR/DEX being same. I don't know what cap STR can be on tempest...thus the initial question. I do know what DEX can be, and that is an efficient 86.
    Are you suggesting you run with a base 106 STR? If so, would you mind explaining? Can you offer any support to your claim?
    I don't know what's good or not, but checking the wiki shows at least whats possible:

https://ddowiki.com/page/Dexterity#Theoretical_maximum
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Strength#Theoretical_maximum

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I don't know what's good or not, but checking the wiki shows at least whats possible:

Good to know overall max of STR/DEX Mindos, however these links propose Fighter/Monk builds.
    I was referring the max STR/DEX of Tempest builds specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post

Per the Wiki:

Legendary Dreadnaught using a Dragonborn Fighter 12/ Monk 4 / Paladin(or Cleric or Fvs) 4.

Yea, that's adding a lot to the discussion. Generally from what I've seen you may be able to hit a higher STR, but if I've seen anything, simply having a high main stat isn't going to make your build pull ahead. DEX is probably the better choice due to better gear, scion, and enhancement synergy pulling it ahead over straight main stat size.

Community Member

I wonder how knight's training is going to affect the scourge ranger.

For instance, longswords with knight's training will effectively be khophesh (20%/3x). However, at level 8, nightforge avenger will be 30%/3x, like a 1handed SoS. At level 20, oathblade will be 30%/3x also, and I think fellblade at 26 is the same. So some interesting possibilities there. Add ranger enhancements and these weapons are all 35%/4x

For heavy maces, at level 14 you have phosphor, with base 30%/2x. With knight's training, 35%/2x, with ranger enhancements, 40%/3x, with destroyer of the dead, 40%/4x, with pulverizer, 45%/4x. That's pretty respectable.
    Coronation as a morningstar is base 20%/3x. Knight's training will make it 25%/3x, ranger enhancements 30%/4x, destroyer of the dead 30%/5x, pulverizer, 35%/5x. That's also really respectable
    I'm not aware of any really good nonstandard crit profile weapons higher level than those. But blunt weapon scourge types are going to be 5% higher in crit percentage now and presumably closer to khopesh.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    I wonder how knight's training is going to affect the scourge ranger.
    The biggest change I can think of is how I’d be using Epic Crushing Capital with star rubies over Eviscerating Expenses with Good augments.

Also, on a generic TWF level, the various Axe of Adaxus become super useful for rTRing.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Is there a link somewhere for a TWF ranger/monk WIS build? Especially with WIS to hit/damage in falconry and the new knight's training feat for long swords and whirling steel.
    (Combat): You are hit by your knockdown.

First of all thanks for the build but as a new player i am sort of confused i wanted to try and play the human str based build but why only 14 dex when TWF needs 15 dex
    The Smacky One

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smackyone View Post
    First of all thanks for the build but as a new player i am sort of confused i wanted to try and play the human str based build but why only 14 dex when TWF needs 15 dex
    Ranger ignores the stat pre-reqs for their free feats.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Ranger ignores the stat pre-reqs for their free feats.
    Thanks thats why i thought but wanted to make sure
    The Smacky One

Quote Originally Posted by Strimtom View Post
    *Up to date for U40*

Hello and welcome to my quick and dirty tempest ranger builds for those who want a good melee for getting into R10. I will be posting my build, as well as 2 first life viable builds. Note, the first life viable builds are 32 point builds. If you are a 28 point build DONT GO INTO R10! Go get some favor and unlock 32 point builds, it isn't that hard yo.

If you want to do R10 with these builds:
    • Get all the items first. The items make your character, go farm them and then try it.
    • Be aware you will die a lot. This character takes practice, and so deos R10. Once you get the hang of it it will get easier.
    • No, this is not a solo build. This is for grouping. You are a hella strong glass cannon and you need support to make the pieces work.

Video of my build in action

Strimtom's Double Smash

Double Smash
    Ranger 20
    Lawful Good Aasimar Scourge

Stats
    . . . . . . . .28pt . . 32pt. . .34pt . . 36pt. . .Tome. . .Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .---- . . ----. . .---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 18. . . .18 . . . 18. . . .18 . . . +6 . . . 4: STR
    Dexterity . . . 14. . . .14 . . . 14. . . .14 . . . +6 . . . 8: STR
    Constitution. . 14. . . .16 . . . 16. . . .16 . . . +6 . . .12: STR
    Intelligence. . .8. . . . 8 . . . 10. . . .12 . . . +6 . . .16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . 10. . . .10 . . . 10. . . .10 . . . +6 . . .20: STR
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . +6 . . .24: STR
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28: STR

Skills
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent . . .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .2 .2 .2 .2 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .1 .23
    Heal. . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Search. . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Spot. . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Swim. . . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 23
    Balance . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .11
    Haggle. . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .11
    UMD . . . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .11
    Tumble. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ½. ½. ½. ½. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 2. .9
    Listen. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1 . 1
    . . . . .28. 8. 8. 8. 8. 8. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9 10 10 10 10 10 10

Feats

.1. . . . : Precision
    .3. . . . : Completionist
    .6. . . . : Combat Expertise
    .9. . . . : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    12. . . . : Improved Trip
    15. . . . : Dodge
    18. . . . : Mobility
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Spring Attack
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Tactician
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic . : Epic Reflexes
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea

.1 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Elemental
    .5 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Construct
    10 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    15 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Human
    20 Ranger : Favored Enemy: Plant

Spells

1. Ram's Might (4), Resist Energy (6), Jump (14), Merfolk's Blessing (18)
    2. Barkskin (8), Protection from Energy (10), Mass Camouflage (16), Bear's Endurance (19)
    3. Remove Disease (11), Neutralize Poison (12), Cure Moderate Wounds (19), Wild Instincts (19)
    4. Cure Serious Wounds (14), Freedom of Movement (15), Mass Longstrider (19), Animal Growth (20)

Enhancements (80+6 AP)

Tempest (43 AP)
    • Shield of Whirling Steel, Tempest, Graceful Death, Deflect Arrows, Whirlwind, Dervish
      1. Improved Reaction II, Whirling Blades
      2. Improved Parry III, Whirling Blades, Haste Boost III
      3. Storm Dancer, Whirling Blades, Strength
      4. Storm Tempest, Elaborate Parry II, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades
      5. Dual Perfection, Cuts: A Thousand Cuts III, Whirling Blades, Dance of Death III

Deepwood Stalker (26 AP)
    • Far Shot, Sneak Attack, Exposing Strike, Advanced Sneak Attack
      1. Favored Defense III, Increased Empathy I
      2. Survivalist, Melee/Range Power Boost III
      3. Survivalist, Thrill of the Hunt III, Favored Hunter III
      4. Survivalist, Killer I, Merciful Shot

Aasimar Scourge (17 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Strength, Stronger Bonds II, Strength, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Scourge Weapons, Improved Recovery
      2. Improved Scourge Weapons, Divine Purpose
      3. Greater Scourge Weapons, Improved Recovery
      4. Destroyer of the Dead

Leveling Guide
    • Tempest: Shield of Whirling Steel, Tempest, Graceful Death, Deflect Arrows
      4. Storm Tempest, Elaborate Parry I, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades
      5. Dual Perfection, Cuts: A Thousand Cuts III, Whirling Blades, Dance of Death III
    • Aasimar Scourge: Stronger Bonds, Strength, Stronger Bonds II, Strength
      1. Scourge Weapons, Improved Recovery
      2. Improved Scourge Weapons, Divine Purpose
      3. Greater Scourge Weapons, Improved Recovery
    • Deepwood Stalker: Far Shot, Sneak Attack
      2. Survivalist
    15. DS2 Melee/Range Power Boost I, II; DS0 Exposing Strike; DS2 Melee/Range Power Boost III
    16. Scg0 Stronger Bonds III; Scg4 Destroyer of the Dead
    17. DS3 Survivalist; DS3 Thrill of the Hunt I, II, III
    18. DS3 Favored Hunter I, II, III; DS0 Advanced Sneak Attack
    19. DS4 Survivalist; DS4 Killer I
    20. DS4 Merciful Shot; Tem0 Whirlwind; Tem0 Dervish; Tem4 Elaborate Parry II

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Attack Boost II, Strength
    2. Strength
    3. Strength
    4. Strength
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer

Twists of Fate (26 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Balanced Attacks (Tier 3 Primal)
    3. Primal Scream (Tier 1 Fury)
    4. Dragonhide (Tier 1 Draconic)

Items
    Helmet: Mighty Stormreach Guardian Helmet
    Necklace: Ward Inscribed Pendant
    Trinket: Slavelords Crafted Trinket -> 45 Sheltering - 28 Accuracy - 20 Vertigo - 4 Quality Strength
    Ring#1: Band of Insightful Commands
    Boots: Best to Worst -> Azure Guard > Cobalt Guard > Shadow's Footsteps = Softsole Slippers (If you have reaper dodge, use softsole, else use Shadow's to cap dodge)
    Ring#2: Ring of Nightfall
    Chest: Mist Laden Vestment
    Weapon #1: Beacon of Day
    Weapon #2: Beacon of Night
    Filigrees: Prowess Melee power, Strength, PRR, MRR, Attack and Damage, Treachery: Threat Reduction, One Against Many: Attack and Damage, Melee Power
    Augments: Diamond of Wisdom +8, Diamond of Insightful Wisdom +2, Sapphile of Good luck +2, Diamond of Search +15, Topaz of Striding 30%, Sapphire of Resistance +8, Topaz of Power +250, Topaz of Featherfalling

First Life Build 1 - Strength Kopesh Human

This build will be as close as possible to the damage of my main build. The differences are:
    • No Healing Hands
    • Less Healing amp
    • No maces
    • Slightly Less damage

Strength Human Kopesh
    Ranger 20
    Lawful Good Human

Stats
    . . . . . . . .28pt . . 32pt. . .34pt . . 36pt. . .Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . 18. . . .18 . . . 18. . . .18 . . . 4: STR
    Dexterity . . . 14. . . .14 . . . 14. . . .14 . . . 8: STR
    Constitution. . 10. . . .12 . . . 14. . . .14 . . .12: STR
    Intelligence. . 12. . . .14 . . . 14. . . .14 . . .16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . . 8 . . .20: STR
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . . 8 . . . .8. . . .10 . . .24: STR
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: STR

Skills
    Concent . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . . . . . . . .1 .18
    Listen. . 4. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
    Haggle. . 2. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. ½. . .11
    Tumble. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ½. ½. ½. ½. 1. 1. 1. 1. 1. 2. .9
    . . . . .36. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9. 9

Feats

.1 Human. : Exotic Weapon: Khopesh
    .3. . . . : Combat Expertise
    .6. . . . : Improved Trip
    .9. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    12. . . . : Dodge
    15. . . . : Mobility
    18. . . . : Spring Attack
    24 Epic . : Two Weapon Defense

Spells

2. Barkskin (8), Protection from Energy (10), Mass Camouflage (16), Bear's Endurance (19)
    3. Remove Disease (11), Neutralize Poison (12), Cure Moderate Wounds (19), Wild Instincts (19)
    4. Cure Serious Wounds (14), Freedom of Movement (15), Mass Longstrider (19), Animal Growth (20)

Enhancements (80 AP)

Tempest (46 AP)
    • Shield of Whirling Steel, Tempest, Graceful Death, Deflect Arrows, Whirlwind, Dervish
      4. Storm Tempest, Elaborate Parry III, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades, Strength

Deepwood Stalker (26 AP)
      2. Survivalist, Melee/Range Power Boost III
      3. Survivalist, Thrill of the Hunt III, Favored Hunter III
      4. Survivalist, Killer I, Merciful Shot

Human (8 AP)
    • Attack Boost, Strength
      1. Action Surge: Strength III, Improved Recovery

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Strength
    2. Strength
    3. Critical Damage II, Strength
    4. Strength
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical, Strength
    6. Master's Blitz

Twists of Fate (26 fate points)
    3. Primal Scream (Tier 1 Fury)

Items
    Helmet: Mighty Stormreach Guardian Helmet
    Trinket: Slavelords Crafted Trinket -> 45 Sheltering - 28 Accuracy - 20 Vertigo - 4 Quality Strength
    Boots: Best to Worst -> Azure Guard > Cobalt Guard > Shadow's Footsteps = Softsole Slippers (If you have reaper dodge, use softsole, else use Shadow's to cap dodge)
    Weapon #1: Calamity, A Brush With Death
    Weapon #2: Calamity, A Brush With Death
    Filigrees: Prowess Melee power, Strength, PRR, MRR, Attack and Damage, Treachery: Threat Reduction, One Against Many: Attack and Damage, Melee Power
    Augments: Diamond of Wisdom +8, Diamond of Insightful Wisdom +2, Sapphile of Good luck +2, Diamond of Search +15, Topaz of Striding 30%, Sapphire of Resistance +8, Topaz of Power +250, Topaz of Featherfalling

First life build 2 - Elf Scimitar Dex Tempest

This build does less damage, but it also is much more defensively minded. Focusing on scimitars and dex is a large damage hit, but the benefit is a much larger safety net from Discplacement Dragonmark as well as higher dodge and armor class.

Differences to the main build:
    • Much less damage, about 70% of the damage of strength build.
    • Layered defenses for higher survivability; 50% displacement, 15% incorporeality, 35% dodge and a better usage of Elaborate Parry
    • Upgraded Leopard's chill with U40!

Ranger Elf Scimitar D-mark
    Ranger 20
    Lawful Good Elf

Stats
    . . . . . . . .32pt . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . --------
    Strength. . . . 12. . . .4: DEX
    Dexterity . . . 20. . . .8: DEX
    Constitution. . 14. . . 12: DEX
    Intelligence. . 10. . . 16: DEX
    Wisdom. . . . . .8. . . 20: DEX
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . 24: DEX
    . . . . . . . . . . . . 28: DEX

Skills
    Haggle. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1 . 1
    . . . . .24. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6

Feats

.3. . . . : Least Dragonmark: Shadow
    .6. . . . : Dodge
    .9. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    12. . . . : Mobility
    15. . . . : Extend Spell
    18. . . . : Spring Attack
    24 Epic . : Two Weapon Defense

Spells

Enhancements (80 AP)

Tempest (44 AP)
      1. Improved Defense III, Whirling Blades
      3. Storm Dancer, Whirling Blades, Dexterity
      4. Storm Tempest, Elaborate Parry II, The Growing Storm III, Whirling Blades

Deepwood Stalker (23 AP)
      2. Survivalist, Melee/Range Power Boost III, Improved Weapon Finesse
      3. Survivalist, Thrill of the Hunt III, Favored Hunter II
      4. Survivalist

Elf (13 AP)
    • Elven Accuracy, Elven Dexterity, Elven Accuracy II, Elven Dexterity II, Elven Accuracy III
      1. Phiarlan Dragonmark Focus II
      2. Lesser Dragonmark of Shadow
      3. Greater Dragonmark of Shadow

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Constitution
    2. Constitution
    3. Critical Damage II, Constitution
    4. Constitution
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical, Constitution
    6. Master's Blitz

Twists of Fate (30 fate points)
    3. Lithe (Tier 2 Shadowdancer)

Items
    Helmet: Executioner's Helmet
    Trinket: Slavelords Crafted Trinket -> 45 Sheltering - 28 Accuracy - 20 Stunning - 4 Quality Constitution
    Boots: Cannith Crafted Boots - Dodge 15, Diversion 23%, Insightful Dexterity +7
    Weapon #1: Morninglord's Scimitar -> Legendary
    Weapon #2: Morninglord's Scimiter
    Filigrees: Prowess Melee power, Dexterity, PRR, MRR, Attack and Damage, Treachery: Threat Reduction, One Against Many: Attack and Damage, Melee Power
    Augments: Diamond of Wisdom +8, Diamond of Insightful Wisdom +2, Sapphile of Good luck +2, Diamond of Search +15, Sapphire of Resistance +8, Topaz of Striding 30%, Topaz of Power +250, Topaz of Featherfalling

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, please let me know if I made some mistakes or if you need something clarified. There are 100% some typos in here at least.
    Looks exactly like the build I've ran forever, except I do SoEP and SoS feats at 30.

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    The new Frostblade (assuming it isn't glitched down to a 35DC like Epic Freezing is)
    I wish I had more info on this weapon. I've heard rumors that its exactly like the legendary ice from LGS.

But the wiki for LGS ice states that it doesn't give helpless, and its dr/100 adamatium. Which sucks.

I would hope the reflection of the frostblade gives helpless, and no dr/100, but I could live with the dr if I had to I guess. I haven't farmed one up yet (haven't got enough schizm shards), but I'm afraid of making an item thats borked.

Shame about the epic freezing ice on https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:epic_Leopard's_Chill. 35 DC for epics? Maybe if you used it on normal difficulty... and under level
    I can't recall right now, but I think the tooltip pop up for hovering over Reflection of the Frostblade in the traders window in the hall of hero's shows a DC of 100. IDK

Community Member

Default Gear?

Would it be possible for someone to update gear for this build for latest Update? Ia retuirning lyer after 7 years and find hard to understand what to aim for. Interested in the first build.
    Thanks in advance!

Kind rgeards
    Jingej

Sun elf I think would do better in this build with all its racial enhancements. Critical damage multiplier from scourge isnt really an issue as your damage bonuses from morning lord rolls higher crit or non on average. Overall I think sun elf has a better racial tree with all its guards and SLAs and dex to damage brings AC and Evasion up.
    The Trip I would change in that regard...thats the one real advantage going strength based.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kort7 View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to update gear for this build for latest Update?
    Maybe this helps.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-30-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kort7 View Post
    Would it be possible for someone to update gear for this build for latest Update? Ia retuirning lyer after 7 years and find hard to understand what to aim for. Interested in the first build.
    Thanks in advance!

Kind rgeards
    Jingej
    The entire global game meta is about to change with ED revamp and stat nerfs. Best to get back after the dust settles. Anyone noting "best" referenced layouts for any class/race/builds is only fooling themselves. It will all be muff cabbage in a couple weeks.

Community Member

Default info's

A question (from a noob like me)
    Why did u spent points on Dex? As i know Ranger get automatically 2WF do my question is...do I need Dex in a Str based build?
    Thanks

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarura View Post
    Why did u spent points on Dex? As i know Ranger get automatically 2WF do my question is...do I need Dex in a Str based build?
    Apart from boosting AC and Reflex saves, Precision and the Dodge / Mobility / Spring Attack chain require DEX 13.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast