Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2226
    Community Member

Sticky weapon effect.

Community Member

So Im sure you're sick of dealing with bard songs, so I apologise for this XD

But I just hit 20, on a non bard, and because I'm trying to get my arcane EPLs done, Fatesinger with it's half magic but half not, is the most appropriate for me currently. Background finished.

So I took the First, Third, and Fourth Harmonic boosts, and as far as I can tell, the First Harmonic Boost adds to the Fatesinger granted "Inspire Courage" as it should. But the Third and Fourth do not. I have not tested the Second or Fifth.

I don't know if this is simply because they're trying to add to Inspire Greatness and Heroics and I simply don't have them, or if it would work if I had the minimum Perform skill that Inspire Greatness and Heroics require. All I know is, with 0 Perform, the First Harmonic works but the Third and Fourth do not, despite the Core 0 Fatesinger stating that:
    "If you do not have Bardic Aria, you gain the feat Inspire Courage as an independent Song. Abilities that enhance your bard songs will also enhance that feat as if you were a bard. Abilities that trigger off of a Bardic Inspiration use will trigger when you use Inspire Courage. "

Or perhaps, am I just doing something wrong? If it DOES require the perform, then I would consider adding that in to the Fatesinger Core 0 description.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Sticky weapon effect.
    Some of these are basically cosmetic - they disappear when you equip the item.
    The Increased Weapon Die from the one you've shown is a ship buff unless I'm deeply mistaken, and that's how it acts.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Some of these are basically cosmetic - they disappear when you equip the item.
    The Increased Weapon Die from the one you've shown is a ship buff unless I'm deeply mistaken, and that's how it acts.
    I think they were referring to just above the Increased Weapon Die, "Deadly Blades", which is out of Vistani, but should only apply when it's in the hands of a Vistani with the required ability.
    Considering it appears to be in the AH, it probably isn't in said Vistani's hands
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    So Im sure you're sick of dealing with bard songs, so I apologise for this XD

But I just hit 20, on a non bard, and because I'm trying to get my arcane EPLs done, Fatesinger with it's half magic but half not, is the most appropriate for me currently. Background finished.

So I took the First, Third, and Fourth Harmonic boosts, and as far as I can tell, the First Harmonic Boost adds to the Fatesinger granted "Inspire Courage" as it should. But the Third and Fourth do not. I have not tested the Second or Fifth.

I don't know if this is simply because they're trying to add to Inspire Greatness and Heroics and I simply don't have them, or if it would work if I had the minimum Perform skill that Inspire Greatness and Heroics require. All I know is, with 0 Perform, the First Harmonic works but the Third and Fourth do not, despite the Core 0 Fatesinger stating that:
    "If you do not have Bardic Aria, you gain the feat Inspire Courage as an independent Song. Abilities that enhance your bard songs will also enhance that feat as if you were a bard. Abilities that trigger off of a Bardic Inspiration use will trigger when you use Inspire Courage. "

Or perhaps, am I just doing something wrong? If it DOES require the perform, then I would consider adding that in to the Fatesinger Core 0 description.
    You don't have the feats that the third and fourth chord are enhancing, so you won't see that half of the benefits. This is why those ED abilities have a passive non-bard component. Inspire Courage is a different feat than Competence or Heroics.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    You don't have the feats that the third and fourth chord are enhancing, so you won't see that half of the benefits. This is why those ED abilities have a passive non-bard component. Inspire Courage is a different feat than Competence or Heroics.
    So if the higher tier chords do only work for actual bards with the actual feats, then I must be misunderstanding exactly what the last sentence:

"Abilities that trigger off of a Bardic Inspiration use will trigger when you use Inspire Courage. "

Out of Core 0 actually refers to? I thought the third and fourth chord would be the "abilities that trigger off a bardic inspiration"? I just had a look at Fatesinger, and I can't see any other parts of it that sentence could possibly be referring to, but maybe I'm wrong? In which case, can you point out the abilities it actually means will trigger off Inspire Courage instead of Bardic Inspiration?

Edit: Unless that sentence is there strictly FOR Bards, and what it actually means, is a backwards way of saying "If you are a bard with the Bardic Inspiration Ballad, and for whatever reason, you decide to use the weaker worse Inspire Courage granted to you out of Fatesinger instead of your Ballad, all of the bonuses you have added to your Ballad will get added to the Inspire Courage as well, vs what I keep reading it as meaning "Abilities in fatesinger that you take that add to a Bard's Bardic Inspiration Ballad will also get added to Fatesinger's Inspire Courage for people who are not Bards."

Though I guess based on your post, it can't be what I read it to mean (the 2nd option).
    Last edited by SpardaX; 12-08-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    So if the higher tier chords do only work for actual bards with the actual feats, then I must be misunderstanding exactly what the last sentence:

"Abilities that trigger off of a Bardic Inspiration use will trigger when you use Inspire Courage. "

Out of Core 0 actually refers to? I thought the third and fourth chord would be the "abilities that trigger off a bardic inspiration"? I just had a look at Fatesinger, and I can't see any other parts of it that sentence could possibly be referring to, but maybe I'm wrong? In which case, can you point out the abilities it actually means will trigger off Inspire Courage instead of Bardic Inspiration?
    If you acquire Inspire Transcendence in tier 5, or any other song ride-along, but don't have the aura, the temporary fatesinger Inspire Courage will proc it instead of the ability doing nothing.

An actual Bard will not get the temp feat as they have the real deal.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

If you acquire Inspire Transcendence in tier 5, or any other song ride-along, but don't have the aura, the temporary fatesinger Inspire Courage will proc it instead of the ability doing nothing.

An actual Bard will not get the temp feat as they have the real deal.

2nd Edit But this should be at the top of my post, Because I tested it:
    Sadly, Chord 5, Inspire Transcendence Also does not add to a Fatesinger's Inspire Courage. At least not for me.
    The only Chord that gets added is Chord 1. I just tested the Entire Chord line, 1 to 5.

And as far as I can tell, there are no other Ballad ride along effects.

Tier 1 has: 1st Chord, Original Song (Sirens Song) (not a ride-along), Original Song (Dirge) (not a ride-along), and a Fascinate ride-along (but that's not an actual ballad ride-along)
    Tier 2 has: 2nd Chord, Original Song (Bound Fate) (not a ride-along), Reign (Not really a song, definitely not a ride-along)
    Tier 3 has: 3rd Chord, Bound Fate ride-along, Aria (Not really a song, definitely not a ride-along), Arcane Hymn (Not really a song, definitely not a ride-along)
    Tier 4 has: 4th Chord, The other Hymns. (Not really a song, definitely not a ride-along)
    And Tier 5 has 5th Chord, and then neither Tier 5 or 6 have any other thing to do with songs.
    And none of the cores have anything that affect songs (beyond giving you extra songs, but that's not changing the songs themselves)

The only Ride-along effects in the tree, are the Chords. And you're saying the only ones that actually get added to a non-bard's song are 1 and 5 despite the core 0 saying all effects that add to a bard song should get added to your Fatesinger song?
    That doesn't seem right to me.

But if nothing else, you answered my question, so thank you for that Lyn. I'm not trying to complain, so I hope you don't read me as such, I'm just trying to understand the logic

Edit for Suggestion: Personally of course, I'd prefer it if all the chords got added to the Fatesinger Inspire Courage song somehow, which I feel was actually what was supposed to happen based on the text in Core 0. But I assume at this point, that's probably a no go .

With Edit 2 in mind, I think if basically none of the chords will actually get added to it, at the very least, I would remove the last sentence from the Core 0, and simply just add to Chord 1 the text that "This ability will get added to your Fatesinger Inspire Courage" but not add that to any of the other Chords. Technically this would "fix" things by at least make things accurate, but this should be a last resort I think.
    Last edited by SpardaX; 12-08-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I have just seen that the graphic for Warlocks in the character creation screen has a bug ( I was looking at female Warlock creation ) : It has the points bar elongated for Wisdom, not for Charisma.

This might be very confusing for Newbies.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Default keep on borderlands spelling errors

(Say): Hera says, 'I appreciate the small talc, but maybe you should just look for the key.'

talc instead of talk unless i'm missing a joke about breaking her out with powder? I mean, she's full of puns...

Standard): You are on server 47 at r3 lx40 ly8 i2049 cInside ox-232.16 oy-76.10 oz-66.67 h358.6. Game timestamp 321015339.434.
    (Standard): Q:0x70032E8F
    Last edited by Mindos; 12-15-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Runearm Autocharge is breaking mounts, the Ravenloft first tier Favor feat has the wrong border (Square instead of an octagon), and Globe of Imperial blood is erroneously adding AML 16 to items, despite it being minimum level 14.

I don't know if this is in Lynn's purview but yesterday when running HElite Invitation to Dinner with my son, we went onto the dungeon balcony to speak to Ezmerelda and the dungeon narration played that bit with the accountant from the 2nd floor, even though we'd already met him.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

wow I cannot believe how obese this thread has become. this thread really should become its own separate sub-forum.

I do not know if this is some type of obscure reference or an easter egg, but when you complete heroic Accursed Ascension, the quest journal tells you to return to mikey:

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    It seems that Shadow Training II from SD is not providing the bonuses that it lists. Stated bonuses should be +3 to Hide and MS, +5 to hit on sneak attacks, and +2 sneak attack die. According the Character Sheet - Skills tab, Hide and Move Silently have no improvement, and the new Stats + tab shows no increase in SA die and only +1 to hit on sneak attacks. The +1 is important because it proves that effects from ST II do show up in the Character Sheet.

Thanks
    OK, I figured out why, and found a 5 year old post to back me up.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...I-from-SD-bug?

Bonuses provided by this ED core should stack with everything (especially for a temporary 30 second effect), and certainly not be coded as Enhancement bonuses, where it does not stack with Ghostly or Deception bonuses. It would have been a great time to fix this during the ED pass, but issue must have fallen off everyone's radar. Please put this on the list. Thanks!
    Zamsil - L30 VKF Assassin - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zanthiss - L30 Acrobat
    Zaldraan - L30 PDK Icebreaker SwashBard
    I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Default Trapsmith Workship bugged room on Daedelan Kraken

Are there any plans to fix the bugged room on the bottom floor where if you place a Trapsmith's Workshop it gets stuck there, unable to be removed?

I know it's low priority but would still be a much appreciated fix!

And whoops, I realize now it's spelled Daedalean Kraken
    Main Toon: Thyriani, co-guild leader of Stormsong on Ghallanda!

Default Phiarlan Spy Dagger

Hey Lynnabel, about a year ago the topic of loot revamps came up and the Phiarlan Spy Dagger was brought up as one item where the revamp was a downgrade. I've quoted the relevant post below but the gist of it was that there are too many deception effects in the game, it wasn't your intention to remove the proc deception effect from the Spy Dagger, and that you could put it back. I just pulled a couple from a recent run of Partycrashers and they have the scaling deception effect. Was the plan still to put back the proc effect? Thanks.

*Insert "devs don't play their own game" meme here*

Well the bad news is it turns out I've been reading the wiki page histories wrong this entire time :P Good news is I don't mind swapping it back. This was a pretty clear oversight on my part. Just like with Midnight Greetings, the intention was to keep proc deception with proc and replace scaling with scaling. There are like 6 different types of Deception at this point and it's really hard to juggle which goes where :P

Community Member

Eardweller has pre nerf description

Fire savant's Fireball SLA goes in a straight line unless you have something hard targeted, unlike the spell which will go where you are facing up/down.

Default Onyx

Like in title, it gives only +5 will and fortitude save. Only reflex save is +8. Checked on 3 different, naked toons w/o any stances etc.

FIX IT.
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 5th life Sorcerer .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Community Member

Hey hey, I have a suggestion about tomes!

Do a subgroup (kind of like there already is with skill focus) of inherent skill feats under the special feats that says the inherent bonus of skills.

I think that's the only tome feat missing and that would avoid lots of problems. The skill tomes don't give an attention in store, I guess because they are bundles, so you couldn't know which skill to check, and the UMD one don't give as well, perhaps for using the same code.

Aaaand it would make for a fine screenshot for bragging that we have all tomes

Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast